PDA

View Full Version : Dynamic bench

Bosshogg300
01-29-2011, 03:22 PM
I was reading an article about dynamic bench and people were doing three week waves, the first three would be regular dynamic bench work and the next three weeks after that was rep work, would this be helpful at all

-JM-
01-29-2011, 03:31 PM
What was the intention behind it? Try it and see, if that is what you are trying to achieve. Nobody can give you a definitive answer based solely on what you have said.

Bosshogg300
01-29-2011, 03:39 PM
The article just was giving just different options so your body wouldn't become adapted as much to that type of training and I was just curious if that type of rotation would warrant and type of benefits or worth trying

Dan Fanelli
01-29-2011, 03:40 PM
Im not a fan of repetition work in place of DE work. DE stuff is just plain simple and can work very well with little modifications. Lower reps is the way to go to get speed/technique down. If you want RE work, just do it after the DE work. RE work is typically not done on squat, bench, or deadlifts, but instead on accessory moves. Check out the "repetition effort" thread, because a lot of the confusion on RE work is addressed there.

But ya, I think most people do three week waves. The weight on the bar doesn't matter so much. Its just the speed and quality that matter the most. Lately, ive been doing 3 weeks straigh weight waved, and then 3 weeks with bands waved.

Bosshogg300
01-29-2011, 03:45 PM
Ok thanks for the advice dan

-JM-
01-29-2011, 03:55 PM
The article just was giving just different options so your body wouldn't become adapted as much to that type of training and I was just curious if that type of rotation would warrant and type of benefits or worth trying

There would be merit in using the RE work for a week or two to give your joints break.