PDA

View Full Version : powercleans

Bosshogg300
02-01-2011, 12:34 PM
Do powercleans help with anything other than fast twitch muscles, because I was reading on powerlifting watch and some people stated that it helped with deadlifts

Dan Fanelli
02-01-2011, 12:43 PM
Maybe help a bit with locking out or with trap strength. But you could always do Dimel deadlifts and shrugs, or rack pulls and rows. A powerclean wouldn't be very specific to a deadlift though. I'd only use it as a hypertrophy or conditioning move. Strength in a powerclean isn't going to correlate much to strength in a deadlift.

Travis Bell
02-01-2011, 05:28 PM
in my opinion there are a lot of other exercises that don't require as much technique practice and produce better benefits when talking about helping your deadlift.

I'm not a fan of power cleans for powerlifters or my athletes for that matter but that's just my 2 cents.

Sean S
02-01-2011, 06:33 PM
I've never found them to be all that helpful for the DL. I've done them from time to time just because I enjoy them. Some will argue that they help with speed off the floor in the DL. The problem with this thinking is that in a properly performed power clean the explosive part of the lift is above the knees on the second pull, not right off the floor.

NickAus
02-01-2011, 06:53 PM
I agree with the three above.