PDA

View Full Version : Bands

Future
02-01-2011, 02:57 PM
Anyone have some clear ideas on the tension of the bands? I have long and short bands available. I just sorta guess. Sometimes its good and sometimes thats bad. EFS has some pages on bands but I was wondering if anyone had something else to share.

Butcher
02-01-2011, 03:28 PM
Doubled mini bands bench setup- about 40 at the bottom, about 80 at the top
Doubled monster mini bands bench setup- about 50 at the bottom, about 110 at the top

Supposedly Elite's short bands are meant to duplicate doubled band tensions.

Future
02-01-2011, 03:33 PM
What about the color of the bands? That matters for tension right?

Travis Bell
02-01-2011, 05:26 PM
What about the color of the bands? That matters for tension right?

mini bands are red

monster minis are black (usually doubled they come out to about 120lbs at the top)

Light bands are the orange ones, doubled up they come out to around 200lbs at the top

- choked around the bottom I think they come out to around 80-90lbs

Average bands are the gray ones. Doubled up they come to about 300lbs (not for the faint of heart lol)

- choked around the bottom they come out to around 130lbs I believe.

Future
02-06-2011, 01:32 PM
thanks!

Dan Fanelli
02-06-2011, 02:31 PM
Question for you guys. On the EFS site it has a chart for the short band tensions. Is this the tension per band, or for both bands.

Ex: A short mini band at 30in is about 56lbs of tension. So is that 56lbs total or 112lbs total???

kingns
02-06-2011, 03:07 PM
Thats for both bands. And keep in mind the tension is a lot different from a brand new band to one that has been used for a few years. and if you are shorter or have longer arms the tensions will be different too.

Tom Mutaffis
02-06-2011, 03:57 PM
I would just work your way up when using bands and base it on feel, the charts may give you a general idea but band tension is quite different than strait weight so it really does not matter.

One way to know exactly what the bands are applying at the top would be to use dumbbells as anchors and start off with lighter DB's then work you way up to heavier ones until they stay on the ground (then you know that is the tension at the top - just make sure to use some heavier ones so that they are not sliding around when you start lifting).