PDA

View Full Version : NOVUS Bars Sale - Nitrean and BCAA+ Announcements

chris mason
02-02-2011, 08:31 PM
Starting Wednesday, February 2nd and running through Sunday the 6th our best selling NOVUS™ protein bars are on sale.

Everything about NOVUS™ bars is BIG; BIG taste, BIG nutrition (36g of quality proteins), and BIG size. For a limited time you can SAVE BIG too!

Get a box of 16 bars for only $23.95! That’s just $1.50 per bar!

Due to an issue with a whey isolate supplier we are temporarily out of Nitrean chocolate 4.6 lbs. We expect to have it back live late next week (the week of the 7th).

We know you need your Nitrean, so we decided to give all of you chocolate lovers an incentive to try our vanilla and strawberry flavors while chocolate 4.6 remains out of stock. We have temporarily reduced the price of vanilla and strawberry Nitrean 4.6 lbs from $54.95 to only $49.95!!!

BCAA+ is now back in stock! Awesome sales volume caused us to run out, but we have taken steps to make sure that doesn’t happen again. If you haven’t tried it yet, now is the time!

Behemoth
02-03-2011, 05:42 AM
I'll give others a fair warning...

When I get home later today I plan on putting in an order for 10 boxes and 2 tubs of vanilla nitrean. I would not hesitate on this folks, this is an awesome deal on some awesome bars.

Off Road
02-03-2011, 06:26 AM
I've used the Novus Bars a few times for snacks while I'm on the road, they are really tastey and satisfy the hunger.

Irish Pilot
02-03-2011, 06:17 PM
Any chance of Novus bars being released in a smaller, more calorie/cut friendly size? Say 45g or something right around the 200 cal mark?

joey54
02-03-2011, 06:56 PM
Novus Bars are the best tasting protein bars since Steel Bars and have I believe double or triple the protein of those. They are fantastic!

jAy_Dub
02-04-2011, 12:31 AM
I'd love to get some of these but how is sugar alcohol going to affect someone prepping for a contest?

I'm not familiar at all with sugar alcohol...

I get TERRIBLE cravings sometimes and I'd love to be able to snack on these when I feel like i need something sweet.

Any input guys?

Edit: Now I see theres only 3 net carbs?...........wow....

Behemoth
02-04-2011, 06:38 PM
I'd love to get some of these but how is sugar alcohol going to affect someone prepping for a contest?

I get TERRIBLE cravings sometimes and I'd love to be able to snack on these when I feel like i need something sweet.

Any input guys?

You will need to factor in the total carbs (31g). 3g is the amount that will have an impact on blood sugar, they all still have calories though.

Behemoth
02-04-2011, 06:54 PM
Chris, I never crunched the numbers on the novus bars but I'm having a tough time making sense of them. I know that certain sugar alcohols contain different amounts of calories per gram, but after a quick google search of malitol, glycerine and polydextrose calories per gram I'm left even more confused.

We have 54 calories from fat and 144 calories from protein so that leaves 140 calories that must be coming from carbs. The bar lists 31g total, what percentage is coming from a traditional 4 calorie per gram carb makeup, a 4.32 calorie per gram makeup (glycerine), a 2.1 calorie per gram makeup (malitol), and a 1 calorie per gram (polydextrose) is not listed. But even if we factor the sole source of sugar alcohols to be from the most dense listed (glycerine) at 4.32 calories per gram we only come up with 121 calories from sugar alcohol + 8 calories from the other two grams of carbs (and excluding the one gram of fiber). Which means from the carbs that are listed the very most we can come up with would be 129 calories (and that's assuming no malitol or polydextrose at all) + 54 from fat and 144 from protein for a final maximum of 327 calories.

I'm lost...

jAy_Dub
02-04-2011, 08:59 PM
Chris, I never crunched the numbers on the novus bars but I'm having a tough time making sense of them. I know that certain sugar alcohols contain different amounts of calories per gram, but after a quick google search of malitol, glycerine and polydextrose calories per gram I'm left even more confused.

We have 54 calories from fat and 144 calories from protein so that leaves 140 calories that must be coming from carbs. The bar lists 31g total, what percentage is coming from a traditional 4 calorie per gram carb makeup, a 4.32 calorie per gram makeup (glycerine), a 2.1 calorie per gram makeup (malitol), and a 1 calorie per gram (polydextrose) is not listed. But even if we factor the sole source of sugar alcohols to be from the most dense listed (glycerine) at 4.32 calories per gram we only come up with 121 calories from sugar alcohol + 8 calories from the other two grams of carbs (and excluding the one gram of fiber). Which means from the carbs that are listed the very most we can come up with would be 129 calories (and that's assuming no malitol or polydextrose at all) + 54 from fat and 144 from protein for a final maximum of 327 calories.

I'm lost...

I'm interested as well :)

chris mason
02-04-2011, 09:23 PM

I'm lost...

Labels tend to be averages. Macros etc. are NEVER exact on any label of any product.

chris mason
02-04-2011, 09:23 PM

Any input guys?

They are excellent assuming you account for the caloric content.

OLB
02-09-2011, 01:22 PM
I tried both mint and cookie dough bars. They taste pretty damn good, although I prefer the cookie dough! Tastes pretty legit.

matthewalan8
02-09-2011, 06:14 PM
I ordered two boxes of Novus bars back in September and to be fairly honest, I'm still working on choking them down. I bought one box of mint and one box of cookie dough. I've eaten more mint than cookie dough, so I guess that's the one I prefer...but I've got about 6 mint bars left and nearly an entire box of cookie dough.

When I bought them, the reviews on them were that they basically taste like a candy bar...and many people said the mint reminded them of York Peppermint Patties. Let me just say, they taste nothing like Yorks...

In order for me to eat one of these, I need to down an entire glass of milk or a full bottle of water; otherwise my mouth dries out completely. I need to drink after each bite.

I purchased them to eat between meals because I have a busy lifestyle, but I now use them for post-workout meals because on my way to work I just think "Re-fueling my body, re-fueling my body, it's not for taste".

That said, this bar is exactly what I need to be getting into my body, so I still find them useful. I just wish that I saw a review somewhere that mentioned that they are dry and taste nothing like candy bars before I purchased them.

peatr99
02-10-2011, 09:15 AM
do you have a sweet tooth or something? I think they taste great!

Behemoth
02-10-2011, 10:03 AM
I ordered two boxes of Novus bars back in September and to be fairly honest, I'm still working on choking them down. I bought one box of mint and one box of cookie dough. I've eaten more mint than cookie dough, so I guess that's the one I prefer...but I've got about 6 mint bars left and nearly an entire box of cookie dough.

When I bought them, the reviews on them were that they basically taste like a candy bar...and many people said the mint reminded them of York Peppermint Patties. Let me just say, they taste nothing like Yorks...

In order for me to eat one of these, I need to down an entire glass of milk or a full bottle of water; otherwise my mouth dries out completely. I need to drink after each bite.

I purchased them to eat between meals because I have a busy lifestyle, but I now use them for post-workout meals because on my way to work I just think "Re-fueling my body, re-fueling my body, it's not for taste".

That said, this bar is exactly what I need to be getting into my body, so I still find them useful. I just wish that I saw a review somewhere that mentioned that they are dry and taste nothing like candy bars before I purchased them.

Have you had many other protein bars?

Clearly with 36g of protein, low fat and very low net carbs it can't taste exactly like a candy bar. But for someone serious about their diet they're a great alternative. You can't expect to give up 12g of saturated fat and 55g of sugar and have the exact same taste. It just comes down to which you'd rather have -- A candy bar and a physique that that resembles ones sitting on the dashboard in July, or a protein bar with pretty much no guilt or negative impact on your body.

I have met people that can just not stomach protein bars or shakes though. It's somewhat rare considering some of the great tasting options these days and really sucks to be in that situation because there really aren't a lot of other healthy, high-protein options for a sweet-tooth bodybuilding snack. You might try mixing up some lowfat cottage cheese with some fruit and splenda or sugar-free fat-free pudding.

f=ma
02-10-2011, 12:32 PM
These are not candy. Like is the operative word. I challenge you to find a better tasting protein bar with a profile as good as novus

chris mason
02-10-2011, 08:58 PM
You have to understand that taste is HIGHLY subjective and you simply cannot please everyone.

Once you eat them for a bit you will likely acclimate to them.

Our goal with flavoring is exactly what we have achieved with this product - the vast majority of those who try them very much like them. You can't do any better.

matthewalan8
02-13-2011, 01:37 AM
Thanks for putting that in perspective guys, it really isn't for taste. Actually, I guess those were a poor choice of words. I actually don't mind the taste, it's more the consistency and how dry they are but I guess when you don't have a ton of fat, and you have a lot of protein, there isn't going to be a whole lot of moisture. Since I started my weightlifting program, I have begun to eat these more post-workout.