PDA

View Full Version : For the sake of simplicity ( simple diet question ).

View 1
02-03-2011, 08:31 PM
Quick simple question.

How many on here have done a simple diet to lose body fat without using more advanced cutting methods ( carb cycling, keto, etc ) . By this I mean picking a small group of food choices and basically eating the same thing for the most part ( maybe a cheat meal a week or whatever you did ) with a certain macro breakdown ( 40/40/20 or 40/30/30 etc these are just examples ) over X amount of meals per day ( could be 3 or 6 etc.. ) and either lowered calories little by little or used cardio ( or both ) to keep fat loss steady.

What were your results?

RichMcGuire
02-03-2011, 08:47 PM
Quick simple question.

How many on here have done a simple diet to lose body fat without using more advanced cutting methods ( carb cycling, keto, etc ) . By this I mean picking a small group of food choices and basically eating the same thing for the most part ( maybe a cheat meal a week or whatever you did ) with a certain macro breakdown ( 40/40/20 or 40/30/30 etc these are just examples ) over X amount of meals per day ( could be 3 or 6 etc.. ) and either lowered calories little by little or used cardio ( or both ) to keep fat loss steady.

What were your results?

I always start a diet that way. It's probably the most sane way to get bf% down to 10-12%. After that, things can get more tricky.

View 1
02-03-2011, 09:23 PM
I always start a diet that way. It's probably the most sane way to get bf% down to 10-12%. After that, things can get more tricky.

Thanks for the reply. I have read quite a few people say the same thing ( in articles ) but I always prefer to hear some real world feed back from people on here.

RichMcGuire
02-03-2011, 09:26 PM
Thanks for the reply. I have read quite a few people say the same thing ( in articles ) but I always prefer to hear some real world feed back from people on here.

It's much easier to start things the easy way before making it more complicated than it needs to be. Best to save some things in your bag of tricks when things get tougher.. as in, getting single digits of bf%. Plus, lets face it, its 10x easier and more practical for most people.

Behemoth
02-03-2011, 09:34 PM

Pretty much this.

For me to 9-10% its just a matter of balancing the calories. Even macros (apart from getting necessary protein and necessary fat) don't make a whole lot of a difference.

After that it's a completely different animal. I'm talking comparing a penguin and giraffe.