PDA

View Full Version : Cutting Diet

Big Poppa SP
05-18-2002, 09:35 AM
Hey Everyone,

I am 5'6, 185 lbs and trying to get cut up for the summer. I am doing cardio 5 times per week, however I am very confused on the diet. I am consuming about 45% protein, 35% carbs, and 20 % fat. Are these good macronutrients? Also I am consuming around 2220 calories per day. I am weight training 4-5 times per week. Thanks

Steve

2220 Calories
Protein = 249 g
Carbs = 194 g
Fat = 49 g
150 oz of water

I have one cheat day per week, however should I go lower? I read somewhere you multiply your bodyweight by 10. Please help, tell me the best way of getting ripped!

steve

Paul Stagg
05-20-2002, 08:48 AM
I'd start at BW x 12.

macro breakdown looks fine.

Pup
05-20-2002, 05:43 PM
On the fat intake, be sure that the majority of your fat is from monounsaturated sources. Another thing, when fat is consumed along with fiber, much of it is burned off, so don't think that if you are eating like 3 servings of oats you need to count 15g of fat. This will be important when you start getting those mad carb cravings, and trust me, you will get them.

Vido
05-20-2002, 07:34 PM
Do not go lower on the cals than that for sure bro, you're already pretty low. You are trying to lose the maximal amount of fat w/o excessive muscle loss. There is no point in "losing weight". If you were fat to begin with you will just be a smaller fat guy. You have to lose fat gradually by reducing your caloric totals. Notice I didn't say your caloric intake. If you have upped the cardio then you should not need to drop the cals from food at all. If you are losing noticeable amounts of weight, then you are probably losing way too much muscle. Small, gradual changes is what you're after. So if you want to look good by summer hopefully you started a while ago. Quick-fix diets never turn out right.
As far as actual macros go, I'd say that you should up the fat and drop the carbs (switch the 2 percentages to 35% fat, 20% carbs and see how that works). Stick to carbs in the morning and right after the workout. After that, I'd finish the day strong with purely protein and fat meals.

Clark
05-22-2002, 10:24 PM
but make sure to avoid sat. fat and hydrogenated fat

Clark
05-22-2002, 11:05 PM
that's to avoid high cholest. and clogged arteries....won't affect you right away, but will screw you big style in the long run

Bobarell
05-25-2002, 05:54 AM
Exactly what Vido said......keep cals the same and up the cardio. It is way more beneficial to keeping muscle.

I just changed my diet from a 1700cal Keto to a 2100cal 40/40/20 and this week I can tell that I have burnt a lot of fat. I also added a cardio session 5 times a week. Low intensity for 45 minutes. Don't get me wrong though....I did lose a lot of weight on the Keto, but I plateaud and decided a change in diet would jump start the fat burning process again.

Jane
05-25-2002, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by just_a_pup
On the fat intake, be sure that the majority of your fat is from monounsaturated sources. Another thing, when fat is consumed along with fiber, much of it is burned off, so don't think that if you are eating like 3 servings of oats you need to count 15g of fat. This will be important when you start getting those mad carb cravings, and trust me, you will get them.
I'm a little confused as to what you mean here. Could you explain it a little further? :scratch: