PDA

View Full Version : Skinny guy training

wmt074
02-06-2011, 05:48 PM
After reading a lot of these logs it's quite clear that I'm probably the skinniest guy here :). I'm 6'5' and the scale currently reads 182. I've been off and on at weight training over the years and I am just starting to get back into it after a looonnggg layoff. I'm in the re-acclimation stage of training so I've just been re-training my muscles for weight training (I'm pretty much sore all over right now).

I think a log is going to be a great motivator! For the first time I have a real diet laid out in front of me so I am really going to be focused on getting enough protein to grow a bit. I'm def not looking to be a bodybuilder or anything - just to pack on some extra pounds of muscle and increase my strength significantly.

Anyhow, the Nitrean is in the mail so I'm just about ready to get serious!

My goals for this year:

Body Weight: Don't really care too much - just something over 195.
Bench Press: 235
Curl: 100 lb ez curl bar for easy reps with perfect form
Military Press: 50 lb DB
20 Pull ups like I used to be able to do :)
20 Dips (again like I used to be able to do)

Anyhow I don't think I'll be posting the specifics of each workout here but I will give general progress from time to time.

wmt074
02-12-2011, 08:29 AM
Well soreness startup week is behind me and I'm starting into some real training now.

I have my jug of Nitrean and I love it! You really can just shake it up into some water.

Body weight this morning: 180.

dechrist
02-12-2011, 08:40 AM
whats your diet and training looking like right now?

wmt074
02-12-2011, 09:28 AM
Right now I am running on a week cycle... I generally do everything in the 8-10 rep zone and train to complete failure in my final set.

Chest/Tricep day:

For chest:
4 sets flat bench
4 sets incline bench
4 sets decline bench
4 sets flys

For Triceps:
4 sets push-downs (these will become dips when I get strong enough)
4 sets skull crushers
4 sets rope pulldowns

Back/BIcep day:

For back:
4 sets wide grip lat pulldowns (these will become pullups when I get strong enough)
4 sets narrow grip pulldowns
4 sets bent-over rows
4 sets lower back machine or equivalent

For biceps:

4 sets dumbbell curls
4 sets EZ-Curls
4 sets concentration curls of some kind.

Shoulders:

4 sets military press
4 sets side raises
4 sets front raises
4 sets back raises
4 sets shrugs

I haven't really worked legs/calves out yet. I did a leg day last night but took it fairly easy because I've gone too fast too soon in the past and was barely able to walk the next day :). I'm def easing into that one for now.

As far as diet is concerned - I've been eating a lot of high protein, low/moderate fat foods filling in with Nitrean for the extra protein I need. Ham/turkey/roast beef, egg/egg white combos, milk, tuna, greek yogurt, cottage cheese, grilled chicken etc. Honestly I haven't counted calories so far - just protein.

wmt074
08-21-2011, 12:51 PM
I haven't checked in for a long time but I'm getting close to a few goals...

I can do 15 pullups on my first set
I can do 12 dips on my first set
Bench press is stuck at 185 for the moment. It's been a few weeks at the same weight/reps. 185 for 4 reps (then a few more reps with spotting). My bench was increasing every week and then suddenly stalled here.
EZ bar curl is at 70 lbs for easy reps but it is always my second exercise (after dumbbell curls).

Odd thing is I look bigger/cut up now but my bodyweight has barely gone anywhere. A lot of people have mentioned how much bigger my arms/shoulders look now too. I've never had a lot of fat on my body so I don't think that it is because I've lost fat.

Anyhow, that's where I stand at the moment.

wmt074
08-23-2011, 09:20 AM
Yesterday's chest/tricep workout:

Flat Bench:

135 x 10
185 x 7 (with 2 spotted reps)
175 x 8
155 x 8

Incline Bench Press:

135 x 5
115 x 10
115 x 8