PDA

View Full Version : Milk and Creatine

GazzyG
02-08-2011, 03:18 AM
Milk is 87% water.

I drink half a gallon of milk a day.

Would this count as water towards my creatine intake too? How much water should I be drinking on top of this milk plus my 5-10 cups of tea/coffee a day.

Cheers.

Gaz

Behemoth
02-08-2011, 10:42 AM
I wouldn't make it too technical and try to count and factor every fluid ounce of liquid you drink per day. The half gallon of milk counts. Just drink a big glass of water with every meal, drink a lot during your workout, and in general don't become thirsty and you'll be fine.

GazzyG
02-08-2011, 11:10 AM
Nice one buddy, ta!

Hugol
02-08-2011, 11:17 AM
What happens if you dont drink a lot of water while taking creatine?:confused:

Behemoth
02-08-2011, 12:11 PM
Some people report increased muscle cramps and/or dehydration. There has long been a concern that long term creatine use could potentially be hard on the kidneys, though study after study shows it is very, very safe. With a healthy influx of water there is no data to suggest any of these side effects will manifest or be any cause for concern short or long term.

Hugol
02-08-2011, 03:32 PM
Thanks..I'll be sure to drink more water just to be sure:thumbup:

Hugol
02-09-2011, 08:36 AM
The reason I had ask is because at work I can't take too many pit stops to piss....and becasue I think I read something on here that if you take creatine and drank a lot of water that the creatine wouldn't work and it would only end up on the toilet.

:confused:

RichMcGuire
02-09-2011, 08:37 PM
Water is very essential for our body so there is no need of thinking that how much I should drink water.:indian:

Yea, except there is water in everything you eat and drink. Your body is really effeicient at retaining water. He's asking about something completely different which involves creatine.

kramericaa
02-11-2011, 06:03 PM
More importantly how much creatine are you taking at a time and how often? daily? how many grams?

Y'all may disagree with me, but I am opposed to the loading recommendation along with 5 grams every day. I found decent results by just putting about 2-3 grams of creatine in about a half gallon and drinking the whole thing during my workout. It's nice, because it starts kicking in midway to the end of your workout when your normally starting to drag ass. Also, if it is at all hard on your system, that small amount will help minimize any damage (doubtful that there even is any).
On those days that I do take creatine(workout days only), I drink very close to a gallon of straight water, plus any other liquids (juice, coffee, milk, etc).

Let me have it. I won't get offended for all of those who fully disagree. Works for me.

GazzyG
02-12-2011, 03:14 AM
In my pre-workout shake I have 28g Protein, 3g Creatine and 3g Beta. Used to add dextrose too, but can't stand the sweetness anymore.

Hugol
02-13-2011, 10:50 AM
I use the recommended dose, 1 ts (5g) everyday....but I dont drink that much water...maybe like 3 liters a day average.....I can't be taking a piss that much at work and if I drink after work I won't be able to sleep at night...any recommendatios ?