PDA

View Full Version : Where did I miss this lift? 600 lb Deadlift

joemeglio
02-08-2011, 05:58 PM
I got 3 blue lights.

AJ Roberts looked at it and thought it looked good.

Not sure where I went wrong. Maybe a little hitch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJqiol2fhJU

Looking forward to feedback

byronsru24
02-08-2011, 06:29 PM
I would have given you a white on that....if they gave you reds for that it must have been from that little leg extension you did right at the top...otherwise I dunno.

byronsru24
02-08-2011, 06:30 PM
I would have given you a white on that....if they gave you reds for that it must have been from that little leg extension you did right at the top...otherwise I dunno. Strong lift btw

joey54
02-08-2011, 06:39 PM
A tad bit of a hitch maybe? Looks pretty strong. Ever think of bringing your stance in a bit? Just curious.

Brian Hopper
02-08-2011, 07:44 PM
Ever think of bringing your stance in a bit? Just curious.

I was thinking the same thing. But as far as the pull, it looked like you sort of got under it a little more like how strongman guys do it. But I still don't think it was that drastic to give you red lights. I would of gave you a white light for it.

chris mason
02-08-2011, 10:11 PM
The lift was good.

jtteg_x
02-09-2011, 02:56 AM
from the video provided, it looked solid. which federation was this? did you ask the judges why they gave you no lift?

Bosshogg300
02-09-2011, 07:24 AM
Man it looked clean to me

paleopower
02-09-2011, 08:04 AM
Strong lift man........If that was a hitch then they were being anal that day!!!

AdamBAG
02-09-2011, 08:26 AM
Blue lights? They had blue and white lights? Are you sure they didn't say the lift was good and they were blueish white lights?

My only thought is that maybe you locked and unlocked your knees or possibly called for supporting the bar on your legs after unlocking.

4g64fiero
02-09-2011, 09:30 AM
I had to watch it 5 times to catch it but there is a hitch like movement after the bar passes your knees. I dont think you did it intentionally.

joemeglio
02-09-2011, 12:46 PM
Thanks for all the feedback guys. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't going crazy. It was the the APA federation.

Liftersize
02-09-2011, 01:11 PM
imo it didnt really look like a hitch, more like pushing the hips through properly

Brian Hopper
02-09-2011, 01:14 PM
Did you ever ask the judges why you missed it?

Brian C
02-09-2011, 03:18 PM
There's no way that is a hitch. Its a good lift.

elilliebridge
02-09-2011, 04:10 PM
Looked real strong and good to me .. didn't look anything like a hitch, I also keep the bar very close to my legs at lock out and it's almost impossible for it not to touch and have a little friction. I've seen guys hitch and ramp before, and that was not even close to it.

pricedtosell
02-09-2011, 05:24 PM
I had to watch it 5 times to catch it but there is a hitch like movement after the bar passes your knees. I dont think you did it intentionally.

If you have to watch it 5 times to "catch a hitch like movement" then I think it's fair to say that the lift is good.

shocker4221
02-09-2011, 11:13 PM
This may sound dumb to some or all of you but I'm new to the DL, what is a hitch or ramp?

SplitQuick
02-10-2011, 06:52 AM
This may sound dumb to some or all of you but I'm new to the DL, what is a hitch or ramp?

It's a little something like this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geBbOeWcGNg

Hobo Beard
02-10-2011, 12:05 PM
I got 3 blue lights.

AJ Roberts looked at it and thought it looked good.

Not sure where I went wrong. Maybe a little hitch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJqiol2fhJU

Looking forward to feedback

This is why I HATE competing!

Your lift was good for 3 white lights, brother!

4g64fiero
02-10-2011, 12:26 PM
If you have to watch it 5 times to "catch a hitch like movement" then I think it's fair to say that the lift is good.

For sure, but thats the only thing I can see that could even be construed as a reason to "blue" light that guy. I am far from trying to say its a bad lift. I am really curious as to what the judges would say if given a chance to explain it.

theBarzeen
02-10-2011, 04:51 PM
The only thing I saw was after the bar got above your knees it looked like a hitch ( or 3 small hitches) at the top..... from the front they looked like it could have been just the bar binding up on your quads and you kind of bouncing it off your legs to pull through.

That's the only reason I saw that would make the lift a little sketchy. From the front I would have given a white light, but maybe it was more pronounced from the side?????

If you miss a lift and it wasn't because you got stapled with the weight, always ask the judges. They'll usually be cool enough to tell you what's up.

joey54
02-10-2011, 05:44 PM
Again very strong and no doubt you will do that in the very near future. I don't think everyone saying it is a good lift really helps anything though. As with the high squats that get passed, the judges have the final say. If it works that way for what are perceived to be high squats that get passed, it must work that way for phantom deadlift hitching that gets red(or blue) lighted as well. We don't serve the OP any justice by all stating it was good and should have passed. The judges say no lift, just smash it next time.

UncleAl
02-10-2011, 05:49 PM
What a shame. You pulled it so easily, it looked like you could have done at least ten pounds more. I can't believe they called that miniscule hesitation a hitch.

sb1
02-10-2011, 05:56 PM
I am guessing it was the slight shoulder shrug/trap roll at the very top, this caused you to rebend your knees ever so slightly, Whatever it was all 3 judges saw it, so it was something noticeable to all of them. What Fed was it?