PDA

View Full Version : shoulders

Bosshogg300
02-10-2011, 06:39 PM
i have done standing militarys and push presses on my ME upper day and i have been reading and have seen alot of people do them as there supp work on DE bench day or supp on ME bench day, so my question is should i do it as a supp work or do it as delt work on my max day or dynamic day

AdamBAG
02-11-2011, 08:25 AM
I don't think it matters. Experiment and see what works best for you.

I personally have started doing some OHP after my dynamic bench work. Other guys I lift with like doing them on max effort day.

ScottYard
02-11-2011, 12:51 PM
Do what works for you. I do my over head presses on bench day and do the bent raises on back day.

Bosshogg300
02-12-2011, 11:16 AM
ok thanks for the responses, i think i might try them on my dynamic day

Sean S
02-12-2011, 12:32 PM
Just be careful not to overdo it at first. Many guys will do a normal ME bench rotation of exercises and DE work that is often too heavy and then try to do heavy overhead presses on top of that and end up beating up their shoulders. If doing overhead work on DE day, just start with a moderate weight for moderate reps and build very slowly over time as you see how you react.

kingns
02-12-2011, 02:58 PM
I do military or db stuff that hits my shoulders and chest after speed benching for sets of 10

Travis Bell
02-12-2011, 05:21 PM
Doing it on DE day can be risky if you don't have a lot of experience. Many guys end up going too heavy.

If done on ME day it's best to keep it as an accessory movement. It's not going to be super beneficial to use that as your max effort movement for the day.