PDA

View Full Version : advice on diet

creatiive
02-13-2011, 06:43 AM
Hi,

Been going to the gym regularly (3 times a week) for months. At first I just went and did any old weights - and obviously saw zero gains. Did a bit of research and came up with a proper workout. Still saw no gains (again, obvious now).

After months of getting annoyed I looked at my diet. It was really hard for me to eat anything large, and i was having about 1800 cals a day! Been slowly expanding my stomach by forcing stuff down. I play tennis once a week as well, but last week my daily intake was;

BREAKFAST:
brown bread roll with 2 slices of ham
fruit smoothie

LUNCH
Baked potato with chicken, salad, kidney beans
Water

SNACK
"Bounce" protein ball (15g protein)
low fat yoghurt with museli

------ gym workout -------------

Progain shake (550 cal)

DINNER
1 can of tuna with long grain rice
water

SUPPER
Brown bread roll with cottage cheese

Still seeing zero gains. I'm 6ft 2inches and am always between 75.0kg and 75.5kg. Today I am 75.0kg. Even if I put on 1lb It would at least give me the motivation to continue!! I guess my question is, how can I increase this diet , and at what times? Is it just the diet or something else? All I did this week was to take a crap ever-so-slightly more often !!

Thanks for any adivce!

dechrist
02-13-2011, 07:12 AM
For your height i'd triple that intake there my friend.

cic
02-13-2011, 09:38 AM
Eat more food!!!!

creatiive
02-13-2011, 09:44 AM
Ok! More it is then!

So hard to force feed :-) How is my body maintaining the exact same weight despite having 800-1000 calories a day more than before though - what is it doing with these extra calories??

tom183
02-13-2011, 03:51 PM
^--Either your activity levels have increased and you're burning the calories or you're not counting calories accurately.

IronRanger
02-15-2011, 09:40 PM
Add milk, peanut butter, butter and olive oil to your diet. Increase your carb intake, then worry about more protein. Without a calorie surplus, you won't gain mass.

Calorie dense foods are your friend, plus you seem to like "clean" foods. Mix some olive oil with your tuna, slather butter on your roll, put mayo on your ham and cheese roll, fry your chicken in olive oil, throw some nuts in your yogurt, and drink milk instead of water. There are such things as healthy fats. As a matter of fact, there are essential fats (EFAs).

Throw some olive oil and peanut butter in your "Mass" shake. Get creative.