PDA

View Full Version : Ness' Bodybuilding Journal: Rebirth

Ness
02-13-2011, 10:30 AM
So here I am at 23 years old and realizing that my youth won't forgive my body's inadequate shape forever. I want to also have a good physique during the rest of my twenties, not to mention life. So it's time to start training. I currently weight about 172 pounds at 5'11''. I want to weigh at least 200 pounds eventually, and then my ultimate goal someday would be 225 to 230. That would be a dream. Well hopefully that dream starts now.

I'm still a little raw with the bodybuilding realm, techniques, terminology, etc. I've read a decent amount of information on this site the last few days. I decided to start things off with the original Wannabebig workout routine that was published here in 2001. Went to the gym last night to get things started. This was more of an experimental phase to see how I felt about the routine. I go to a 24-Hour FItness close to my house. So here was the first phase:

Day 1 : Chest and Back

Chest

* Flat Barbell Bench Press :115 x 2 x 6-8 reps
* Low Incline Dumbbell Press :37.5 x 2 x 6-8 reps
* Dips : 2 x 6-8 reps

Back

* Chin ups : 2 x 3 reps (these were difficult for me...can't really find a pure chin up bar there. It's more like a pull up attachment with handles...)
* Deadlifts : 90 x 2 x 6-8 reps
* Barbell Rows :75 x 2 x 6-8 reps
* Shrugs : 80 x 1 x 10 reps

* Crunches : 3 x 100 reps

So that was the first day. Not very strong, but what is why I'm training. I plan to go at least three times a week. I'm very busy, but I don't want to fall behind and/or quit. So any advice anyone would give me since I"m a beginner I would love. Positive feedback or constructive criticism is welcome. Anything to help me improve. I know my diet is a big part of this so I'm going to have to figure that out with a little more research. Thinking about picking up a supplement too. Hopefully I find the time today to do that since I'm going to the gym tomorrow I believe. This is my second attempt at keeping a documented journal so hopefully I get the hang of it this time.

chevelle2291
02-13-2011, 02:49 PM
I'm sure you strength will climb quickly Ness.

What does your training split look like?

I'm going to guess chest/back-shoulders/arms-legs?

Not a bad split really, but you may find HCT-12 or some of the older splits (I like WBB TOR (http://www.wannabebig.com/training/training-programs/wannabebig-the-original-routine/)a lot) on this website more useful. :)

Time+Patience
02-13-2011, 05:25 PM
Your exercise selection looks very good. Your volume is spot on for just coming back.

You'll definitely make a lot of progress, that is if you are doing what you need to be doing with what you are eatting. If you can shed some light on what you plan to do eatting wise.

Don't worry so much about buying supplements. I think you could make tremendous progress with making sure your diet is on track. Let's start with trying to reach the 3,000 calorie mark and see how you progress after 10 days.

Stick with the 3 day split. I assume that's putting you at a Shoulders and Arms day then a Legs only day? A 3 day split will keep you out of the gym, and get you in there just enough to keep your intensity up.

Keep us updated and get some more information with goals and how you'll get there.

Ness
02-13-2011, 06:06 PM
Thanks for the encouraging comments. This really means a lot to hear some insight and serves as great motivation. Here is the full routine I'll be aiming to execute and maintain:

Routine Split and Exercise Selection

Day 1 : Chest and Back

Chest

* Flat Barbell Bench Press : 2 x 6-8 reps
* Low Incline Dumbbell Press : 2 x 6-8 reps
* Dips : 2 x 6-8 reps

Back

* Chin ups : 2 x 6-8 reps
* Deadlifts : 2 x 6-8 reps
* Barbell Rows : 2 x 6-8 reps
* Shrugs : 1 x 10 reps

Day 2 : OFF

Day 3 : Legs

* Squats : 2 x 6-8 reps
* Hack Squats : 2 x 6-8 reps
* Leg Curls : 2 x 6-8 reps
* Straight Legged Deadlifts : 2 x 6-8 reps
* Standing Calve Raises : 4 x 10 reps

Day 4 : OFF

Day 5 : Shoulders, Triceps and Biceps

Shoulders

* Military Press in Rack : 2 x 6-8 reps
* Seated Dumbbell Press : 2 x 6-8 reps
* Standing Lateral Raises : 2 x 10 reps

Triceps

* Narrow Grip bench Press : 2 x 6-8 reps
* French Press : 2 x 6-8 reps

Biceps

* Barbell Curls : 2 x 6-8 reps
* Hammer Curls : 1 x 6-8 reps

Day 6 : OFF

Day 7 : OFF

Abs to be done on any training day of personal choice.

* Crunches : 4 x 8-10 reps

The only thing I've changed is doing crunches all the time as the last exercise and doing 3 x 100. Three days a week should be doable even though I'm quite busy. If I have time I'll go on a fourth day and I would like to experiment with other exercises that I may have researched in my down time. Hopefully this also helps a little.

As for my gameplan eating wise I've been doing some investigating and basically the most common advice I found was to eat clean (I'm going try extremely hard not to eat out and just cook from home) and eat small, more frequent meals instead of three large ones. This is probably the thing I'm most worried about. Eating the right things and counting calories. I'm a college student and kind of poor at the moment. My girlfriend likes to cook a lot of interesting things and lots of pasta/noodle combinations with meat and veggies (she's Asian with a lot of Cantonese influence in her food at times). I'll try to start off by reaching the 3000 calorie mark.

By the way how often, if any, do you think I should eat out? Is once a week even recommended at this point? I mean, I am a huge hamburger fan. I don't eat them everyday of course, but it's my favorite for sure. It would be nice to treat myself to something like that at a restaurant every so often.

Ness
02-13-2011, 09:23 PM
Just for kicks here are some photos I took today of my current shape. I guess this is the starting point.

Ness
02-16-2011, 08:34 AM
Did my second day workout on Monday. I guess this will be the first day of the week though I'm doing a workout since I did the other one on Saturday. Probably do two more sessions this week if I have time to get thing straight. In any case, here is how things went from what I roughly remember:

Squats : 95 x 2 x 6-8 reps

Hack Squats : 65 x 2 x 6-8 reps

Leg Curls : 80 x 2 x 6-8 reps

Straight Legged Deadlifts : 65 x 2 x 6-8 reps

Standing Calve Raises : 4 x 10 reps

I'll definitely write things down next time. I'm having trouble keeping track of the reps and weight. Or at least remember them. I struggled with the straight leg deadlifts. Or at least I need to do more research as to what I'm supposed to be feeling. I didn't really feel the pressure in my hamstrings, instead I felt it in my lower back. And I thought I was doing the exercise wrong. I couldn't seem to get the form I thought I needed.

As for my eating, I haven't written my calorie intake down...which I'm thinking about doing. But I have tried to eat around five meals a day the last three days. Yesterday due to being busy I had no choice but to eat takeout. One a burrito and later a hamburger meal. I thought that it was better than eating nothing.

Off Road
02-16-2011, 08:40 AM
The WBB bodybuilding routine is a good choice, just stick with it. Get yourself a spiral notebook and carry it to the gym to record everything.

chevelle2291
02-16-2011, 11:00 AM
The only thing I've changed is doing crunches all the time as the last exercise and doing 3 x 100. No reason to do that high of a rep range. Add weight if regular crunches are too easy--or do another ab exercise like decline crunches or hanging leg raises. Stick to a sensible rep range like 8-20.Three days a week should be doable even though I'm quite busy. If I have time I'll go on a fourth day and I would like to experiment with other exercises that I may have researched in my down time. Hopefully this also helps a little.

As for my gameplan eating wise I've been doing some investigating and basically the most common advice I found was to eat clean (I'm going try extremely hard not to eat out and just cook from home) and eat small, more frequent meals instead of three large ones. This is probably the thing I'm most worried about. Eating the right things and counting calories. I'm a college student and kind of poor at the moment. My girlfriend likes to cook a lot of interesting things and lots of pasta/noodle combinations with meat and veggies (she's Asian with a lot of Cantonese influence in her food at times). I'll try to start off by reaching the 3000 calorie mark.
The small, frequent eating thing is way overblown and not necessary. You can eat 3 square meals a day if you want. The Asian food probably won't be too terrible for you provided it's made with actual meat and not tofu crap. Just eat enough to gain weight and recover. You'll find out what that is soon enough. Much more than a pound a week (even that is a little high depending on your ability to stay lean) and you'll be looking at a good deal of fat gain.
By the way how often, if any, do you think I should eat out? Is once a week even recommended at this point? I mean, I am a huge hamburger fan. I don't eat them everyday of course, but it's my favorite for sure. It would be nice to treat myself to something like that at a restaurant every so often.
Nothing wrong with the occassional burger. There's really nothing wrong with a lot of the so-called "dirty" foods you hear about. I'm lean bulking but eating pop tarts. Why? They are easy to consume and fit into my macronutrient profile. It all depends on what works for you. That's not to say you can go on the "see-food" diet and eat everything in sight. However, you can give yourself a little wiggle room. If you want to indulge in a burger or have a beer go right ahead. Just don't go crazy and you'll be fine. Moderation.

response above.

Ness
02-20-2011, 12:17 AM
Thanks for the responses. I'll definitely cut down on the crunches next time and do some other exercises. Thanks for the advice about the eating as well. Just got back from the gym about an hour ago with my first day doing the shoulders, triceps, and biceps portion of my workout. Here is what I got accomplished:

Seated Dumbbell Press:

20/20 1 x 10
25/25 1 x 8
25/25 1 x 10

Standing Lat Raises:

10/10 1 x 10
10/10 1 x 10

Close Grip Bench Press:

65 1 x 10
85 1 x 10
85 1 x 10

French Press:

15 1 x 10
20 1 x 8
20 1 x 8

Barbell Curls:

40 1 x 10
45 1 x 8
45 1 x 8

Hammer Curls:

25/25 1 x 8

Machine Incline Press:

80 1 x 8
80 1 x 8

Crunches:

1 x 100
1 x 100
1 x 100

Unfortunately there was no military press component I could find at my 24 Hour Fitness, which surprised me. So I substituted for the machine incline press instead because I didn't want to not leave without doing something left in my routine. I'll have to find something else to add to the program I guess. Maybe that? This was really an experimental phase since it was my first time going there doing this routine. My arms aren't really aching that much...not sure if they should be. I did the exercises at the weight where I thought I could only do about 8 - 10 reps. I'll add some more next week because I honestly didn't feel like I pushed myself that much. We'll see. At least I have this information to fall back on for next week to make some adjustments.

Ness
02-23-2011, 05:58 PM
Went to the gym Monday. Chest and back.

Flat Barbell Bench Press:

115 1 x 8
115 1 x 8
115 1 x 8

Low Incline Dumbell Press :

37.5/37.5 1 x 8
37.5/37.5 1 x 8

Pull Ups:

1 x 3
1 x 2

Deadlift:

95 1 x 6
95 1 x 7
95 1 x 6

Barbell Row:

75 1 x 6
75 1 x 8

Dips:

1 x 8
1 x 8

Shrugs:

40/40 1 x 10

Crunches:

1 x 100

I'm thinking of increasing the sets the next time I go to the gym, which is tonight. Perhaps by one session. On these days involving the pull ups (since there doesn't seem to be an area to do chin ups) I'm finding it quite difficult. Not sure if I really am that weak that I can't do that many or if I'm executing the exercise wrong. In any case, I'll give it some time. As for my eating, I've been trying to watch it daily. Haven't really been keeping track of the calories seeing as how what my girlfriend cooks is really ambiguous. I am trying to eat a lot more though and finishing everything on my plate. I've been eating around 4-5 smaller meals per day. To see if that helps. I was thinking of purchasing a supplement though. Perhaps Muscle Milk? I've had experience with that before and I don't mind the taste. Hopefully it helps though. I just don't think I have the finances to be eating so much every single day. Any guidance would be appreciated as usual. Thanks.

Ness
02-26-2011, 11:33 AM
Went to the gym Wednesday. Going back today to complete my three times a week schedule. Last time was legs. Unfortunately I couldn't do curls because the machines were undergoing maintenance, so I substituted for leg extension exercises instead. I'm still having trouble with straight legged deadlifts. I think my form is really off, because I'm feeling it in my lower back, but not my quads. And it's kind of frustrating. Might have to ask for help from someone next time. So Wednesday's report:

Squats:

95 1 x 8
115 1 x 8
115 1 x 8

Hack Squats:

65 1 x 8
65 1 x 8
65 1 x 8

Leg Extension:

80 1 x 6
80 1 x 6

Straight Leg Deadlifts:

65 1 x 9
65 1 x 9

Standing Calf Raises:

1 x 8
1 x 8
1x 10
1 x 10

Crunches:

1 x 100

Last time I was at the gym I saw I was close to 180 pounds to my surprise. Which would be the highest weight I've ever had. But I'm guessing it was facade. I've been stuck at 172 pounds for a LONG time, and I did eat a lot that day. I ate a lot last night, but I'm going to see today how much I weigh.

Behemoth
02-26-2011, 12:43 PM
You legs look like they could/will be massive after a few years of heavy weights

chevelle2291
02-26-2011, 04:55 PM
Went to the gym Wednesday. Going back today to complete my three times a week schedule. Last time was legs. Unfortunately I couldn't do curls because the machines were undergoing maintenance, so I substituted for leg extension exercises instead. I'm still having trouble with straight legged deadlifts. I think my form is really off, because I'm feeling it in my lower back, but not my quads. And it's kind of frustrating. Might have to ask for help from someone next time. So Wednesday's report:

You won't feel stiff-legged deadlifts in your quads. It is a hamstring/lower back exercise, so yes you will feel it in your lower back some. Don't make the mistake of thinking that the legs are only made up of quads--hamstrings are extremely important.

Quad exercise are:
Squats
Hack Squats
Smith Squats
Front squats
leg extension
lunges-also have quite a bit of glute and ham involved

Hamstrings:
Stiff-legged deadlifts
any leg curl
Deadlifts

Post a vid of your stiff-legged deadlifts. That'll help us out a lot. They should look something like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSQkOLWZ0fM

You may go down lower than that to get a better stretch in your hamstrings.

Ness
02-26-2011, 07:47 PM
You legs look like they could/will be massive after a few years of heavy weights

Really? That would be sweet. I would love to have huge ass thighs like Earl Campbell did or something. I always thought my knees were super skinny though...like they had been starved to death and too much of the knee was showing through the skin. Don't mean to sound gross, but I've just gotten that comment before from more than one person in life. Too "bony".

Ness
02-26-2011, 07:51 PM
You won't feel stiff-legged deadlifts in your quads. It is a hamstring/lower back exercise, so yes you will feel it in your lower back some. Don't make the mistake of thinking that the legs are only made up of quads--hamstrings are extremely important.

Quad exercise are:
Squats
Hack Squats
Smith Squats
Front squats
leg extension
lunges-also have quite a bit of glute and ham involved

Hamstrings:
Stiff-legged deadlifts
any leg curl
Deadlifts

Post a vid of your stiff-legged deadlifts. That'll help us out a lot. They should look something like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSQkOLWZ0fM

You may go down lower than that to get a better stretch in your hamstrings.
Hey thanks a bunch for the insight.

Ness
02-26-2011, 08:52 PM
Went to the gym today. Finished the week with shoulders, triceps and biceps exercises. Still no military press machine. So went with the Incline Press machine. Here is the report:

Seated Dumbbell Press:

25/25 1 x 10
25/25 1 x 10
25/25 1 x 10

Standing Lateral Raises:

10/10 1 x 10
10/10 1 x 10

Close Grip Bench Press:

65 1 x 10
85 1 x 10
85 1 x 10
85 1 x 10

French Press:

20 1 x 10
20 1 x 10
20 1 x 10

Barbell Curls:

45 1 x 10
45 1 x 10
45 1 x 10

Hammer Curls:

25/25 1 x 6
25/25 1 x 3

Machine Incline Press:

90 1 x 10
90 1 x 8

Crunches:

1 x 100

Ness
03-01-2011, 01:59 PM
Went to the gym last night. Chest day. I weighed myself again and it seems I'm still at 178. If I can get to 180 I'll be so happy. I never want to be below that weight. Goal is still 225 to 230 though of course. I've been increasing the sets on some of these exercises by one. I just feel like I need to lift more...and I'm not getting drained after every workout. I should be feeling that right? I'm about to add more pounds next week of course. Seems like I'm doing 10 reps on a good amount of these exercises when I think I should be doing six to eight?

115 1 x 10
115 1 x 10
115 1 x 10

Low Incline Dumbell Press:

37.5/37.5 1 x 10
37.5/37.5 1 x 10

Pull Ups (this exercise is REALLY giving me trouble)

1 x 3
1 x 2
1 x 2

Deadlift:

95 1 x 8
95 1 x 8
95 1 x8

Barbell Row:

85 1 x 6
85 1 x 6
85 1 x 6

Bench Dips:

1 x 8
1 x 8

Crunches:

1 x 100

Military Push Ups:

1 x 10
1 x 10
1 x 10

Also started drinking some muscle milk. Like I said previously I've had some experience with it before. I know someone told me it might not be necessary at this point, but I'm thinking what harm could a small boost of protein do? I haven't bought any big jugs. Just tried out two regular sized bottles you can find anywhere. Wanted to try two new flavors.

Ness
03-03-2011, 02:01 AM
Legs tonight. Not a bad session. Going to the gym late this evening was salvation. Wasn't having a great day all around, but getting to the gym and hitting the weights really instilled more confidence in me to get back on my feet and be all I can be in other aspects of my life. Anyways, here is the report:

Squats:

115 1 x 8
135 1 x 8
135 1 x 8

Hack Squats: (still having some trouble trying to get really good form on this exercise)

75 1 x 6
75 1 x 6
75 1 x 6

Leg Curls:

90 1 x 6
90 1 x 6

Straight Leg Deadlifts:

70 1 x 8
70 1 x 8
70 1 x 8

Standing Calf Raises:

1 x 10
1 x 10
1 x 10
1 x 10

Crunches:

1 x 100

Push Ups:

1 x 10
1 x 10
1 x 10

Ness
03-10-2011, 11:44 PM
This week has been really difficult. I still have enough time to get my three workouts in, but everything had to be pushed back to the final four days due to a busy schedule. Here is the last report from what I did last time. Shoulders, triceps, and biceps:

Seated Dumbbell Press:

30/30 1 x 8
30/30 1 x 8
30/30 1 x 8

Standing Lateral Raises:

15/15 1 x 8
15/15 1 x 8

Close Grip Bench Press:

95 1 x 100
95 1 x 100
95 1 x 100

French Press:

25 1 x 10
25 1 x 10
25 1 x 10

Barbell Curls:

50 1 x 10
50 1 x 10
50 1 x 10

Hammer Curls:

25/25 1 x 6
25/25 1 x 6

Machine Incline Press:

100 1 x 10
100 1 x 10

Crunches:

1 x 100

Push Ups:

1 x 10
1 x 10
1 x 10

Ness
03-11-2011, 04:33 AM
Updating early for a change. Just came back from the gym. Chest day. I'm still struggling with my pull ups, which is bothering me. Not sure if I'm doing it incorrectly or what the deal is. I just haven't seen that much improvement within practically a month's time. I'm going to take a photo of the equipment I use for the exercise so I can hopefully get some feedback from you guys...I feel like I'm missing something. My pushups haven't really improved that much either. Although I've only been doing those for a couple of weeks near the end of each workout...I seem to be stuck in just doing 3 sets of 10. Perhaps I'm just too tired towards the end. We'll see if things improve on leg day maybe.

The only good news I discovered, which seemed a little surprising was I weighed in at 183 pounds completely naked. I weighed 172 not too long ago and 178 like a week ago. For some reason I feel like it's a facade, but we'll check in the coming weeks. I do see a little hungrier than I have been in the past. Hopefully this is genuine weight I'm gaining. Anyways here is tonight's report:

Flat Barbell Bench:

135 1 x 8
135 1 x 8
135 1 x 8

Low Income Dumbbell Press:

40/40 1 x 10
40/40 1 x 10

Pull Ups:

1 x 4
1 x 2
1 x 2

Deadlift:

115 1 x 8
115 1 x 8
115 1 x 8

Barbell Rows:

85 1 x 8
85 1 x 8
85 1 x 8

Bench Dips:

1 x 8
1 x 8
1 x 8

Crunches:

1 x 100

Push Ups:

1 x 10
1 x 10
1 x 11

Ness
03-13-2011, 01:55 AM
Just came back from the gym. Leg day. Had quite a workout. It was a gym I usually don't go to, but still got my routine done.

Hack Squats:

85 1 x 6
85 1 x 6
85 1 x 6

Leg Curls:

90 1 x 8
90 1 x 8
90 1 x 8

Straight Leg Deadlifts:

75 1 x 10
75 1 x 10
75 1 x 10

Squats:

135 1 x 8
135 1 x 8
135 1 x 8

Crunches:

1 x 100

Push Ups:

1 x 15
1 x 10
1 x 10

Time+Patience
03-13-2011, 10:55 AM
Seems like I'm doing 10 reps on a good amount of these exercises when I think I should be doing six to eight?

115 1 x 10
115 1 x 10
115 1 x 10

I'm still struggling with my pull ups, which is bothering me. I just haven't seen that much improvement within practically a month's time... My pushups haven't really improved that much either.

Flat Barbell Bench:

135 1 x 8
135 1 x 8
135 1 x 8

The jump up in weight on the Flat BB bench is very impressive. I would recommend from here on out that you just make jumps of 5-10 pounds every workout. That will allow you to progress every time for a longer period of time. You won't be able to make 10-20 pound jumps every workout, so you might as well increase each workout even if it's just 5 pounds, or even if it's an extra 2 reps. As long as you are doing more reps or more weight you are progressing.

Tips on the Pullups, I'd start doing what I call "drops" or "negatives". Once you can't do any more pullups you just get yourself up to the top even if you have to step on something to get you up or just jump up and then try to resist your bodyweight while gravity pulls you down.

You could try to do 3-5 "negatives" after you do your full pullups. I've had students of mine do this for about 1 month and most of them increased their pullups significantly by the end of that 1 month.

Time+Patience
03-13-2011, 10:58 AM
Also, don't worry about doing push ups at the end of your workout, you are already doing more than enough during your workout.

Ness
03-13-2011, 12:28 PM
Cool. Thanks for the advice. I'll try those suggestions. By the way here are some photos I took last night. It's been a month since I took the first set of photos. Here is the next set in practically the same poses. Honestly I feel kind of disapointed. I don't see that much change. I know I weigh more than I did a month ago by a few pounds and apparently I'm lifting more weight, but at the same time something just doesn't feel right...like I'm not convinced things are going in the right direction. It's only been a month though, so I'm thinking I'm just being really impatient more so than anything else. Well anyways, here are the pictures. By the way my left should is higher than my right. Probably due to carrying my backpack on my right shoulder a lot for the past few years...and that is probably the reason why I started feeling some pain in my lower left side not too long before I started working out. Hopefully it gets better:

Ness
03-16-2011, 11:20 PM
Here is the gym report from a few nights ago. I think it was Sunday. So I'm getting started on my weekly three days tonight...a Wednesday. In any case, here is what went down with shoulders, triceps, and biceps.

Seated Dumbell Press:

30/30 1 x 10
30/30 1 x 10
30/30 1 x 10

Standing Lateral Raises:

15/15 1 x 10
15/15 1 x 10

Close Grip Bench Press:

110 x 10
110 x 10
110 x 10

French Press:

27.5 1 x 10
27.5 1 x 10
27.5 1 x 10

Barbell Curls:

60 1 x 6
60 1 x 6
60 1 x 6

Machine Incline Press

110 1 x 10
110 1 x 10

Hammer Curls:

25/25 1 x 10
25/25 1 x 8

Crunches:

1 x 100

Push Ups:

1 x 10
1 x 10
1 x 10

Ness
03-18-2011, 12:16 AM
Worked out last night. It occurred to me for about two weeks I had forgotten to do my shrugs on my usual first workout of the week. Got back to those. I was going to take a photo of the pull ups, but I had forgotten my camera. I'll see if I can do it next time. The lack of success of my pull ups has been really demoralizing still. I did a lot on this workout and I suppose I made some progress with my exercises, but for some reason it all seems to be a facade to me. Maybe it's because I don't really look that different in the mirror after one month. Anyways, I definitely don't plan to give up. I'm in this for the long haul. Here is the scoop:

135 1 x 10
135 1 x 10
135 1 x 10

Low Incline Dumbbell Bench:

45 1 x 10
45 1 x 10

Pull Ups:

1 x 3
1 x 2
1 x 3

Deadlifts:

125 1 x 8
125 1 x 8
125 1 x 8

Barbell Rows:

90 1 x 8
90 1 x 8
90 1 x 8

Bench Dips:

1 x 8
1 x 8
1 x8

Shrugs:

45/45 1 x 10
45/45 1 x 10
45/45 1 x 10

Crunches:

1 x 100

Push Ups:

1 x 10
1 x 10
1x 10

Ness
03-20-2011, 10:09 PM
Worked on the legs last night. About to go to the gym now. But I thought I would post the previous night's report. Didn't increase that much in weight in a few of the exercises and instead focused on getting more reps. Everything did have some kind of increase though if I remember correctly. I got the notion that I might injure myself if I continue to increase the weight about too quickly. Overall it wasn't bad:

Hack Squats:

85 1 x 8
85 1 x 8
85 1 x 8

Straight Leg Deadlifts:

85 1 x 10
85 1 x 10
85 1 x 10

Leg Curls:

90 1 x 10
90 1 x 8
90 1 x 8

Standing Calf Raises:

1 x 10
1 x 10
1 x 10

Squats:

135 1 x 10
135 1 x 10
135 1 x 10

Crunches:

1 x 100

Push Ups:

1 x 10
1 x 10
1 x 10

Ness
03-25-2011, 12:43 AM
This reply is coming a little late, but I was in Vegas for a few days. I still have three days within my week to get my workout done. So that is the good news. Here is the last day from last week. I think it was Sunday:

Seated Dumbbell Press:

35/35 1 x 10
35/35 1 x 8
35/35 1 x 8

Standing Lateral Raises:

15/15 1 x 10
15/15 1 x 10

Close Grip Bench Press:

115 1 x 8
115 1 x 8
115 1 x 8

French Press:

30 1 x 8
30 1 x 8
30 1 x 8

Barbell Curls:

60 1 x 7
60 1 x 7
60 1 x 5

Machine Incline Press:

115 1 x 8
115 1 x 8

Hammer Curls:

25/25 1 x 10
25/25 1 x 10

Crunches:

1 x 100

Push Ups:

1 x 10
1 x 10
1 x 7

I definitely feel like I'm starting to hit some kind of brick wall a little bit and my progress might be slowing. It could just be all in my head though and overall just a phase of being impatient.

Time+Patience
03-25-2011, 06:31 AM
I'd start cutting out the added push-ups at the end of the majority of your workouts. You need to allow your muscles to recover and regroup after workouts. To be honest I'd rather you keep benching rather than do push-ups. I've never been a fan of the guys that bench and then drop down to do push-ups, I don't see the benefit.

When you do push-ups you use your chest, delts, and triceps, all of which need to to recover after workouts. Maybe sure you're getting a solid 3 days off before working out the same bodypart again. Unless you decide to drop down your volume, which means the working sets, then you need the time off.

There are workout routines that have you hitting a bodypart more frequently, such as twice a week, but it only requires you to do 1-2 hard working sets per bodypart. They can be very beneficial and work quite well. Not sure if you would be interested in a routine of that nature, but it's a thought for the upcoming future. They tend to be highly recommended for newer lifters. Even experienced guys use routine like that, but with a few advanced modifications.

Ness
03-26-2011, 12:02 AM
I'd start cutting out the added push-ups at the end of the majority of your workouts. You need to allow your muscles to recover and regroup after workouts. To be honest I'd rather you keep benching rather than do push-ups. I've never been a fan of the guys that bench and then drop down to do push-ups, I don't see the benefit.

When you do push-ups you use your chest, delts, and triceps, all of which need to to recover after workouts. Maybe sure you're getting a solid 3 days off before working out the same bodypart again. Unless you decide to drop down your volume, which means the working sets, then you need the time off.

There are workout routines that have you hitting a bodypart more frequently, such as twice a week, but it only requires you to do 1-2 hard working sets per bodypart. They can be very beneficial and work quite well. Not sure if you would be interested in a routine of that nature, but it's a thought for the upcoming future. They tend to be highly recommended for newer lifters. Even experienced guys use routine like that, but with a few advanced modifications.
Thanks. I'll take out the pushups. I think I want to stick to the current routine right now instead of trying a new one. But perhaps in the future I'll switch and try those methods you were talking about.

Ness
03-26-2011, 03:51 AM
Just came back from the gym about an hour ago. This session was kind of frustrating and very demoralizing. Perhaps I've hit that brick wall I've been talking about. Not sure. Seems like things have slowed down. I still can't do pull ups for the life of me. If I get three it's a miracle. It's been practically two months and I still haven't progressed on that exercise. I really don't get it. Next week I'll definitely get some film of me doing it so you guys or anyone can help me out. My deadlifts were worse than last week as on my last set I couldn't finish. And this was the same weight as last week. My grip wasn't that great so maybe that was it. I just don't feel that stronger after a month. Some of my numbers went up I guess, but I just don't feel different. This was probably the worst workout I've had since starting. My bench felt great, so I guess that's good news...and I improved the weight by five pounds. Other than that, it was "meh". On a couple of exercises I completed them technically, but some of the form was sloppy I just know it. I"m just glad I kept a log so at least I know where I am stuck. Here is the breakdown:

140 1 x 10
140 1 x 10
140 1 x 10

Low Incline Dumbbell Press:

50/50 1 x 8
50/50 1 x 8

Pull Ups:

1 x 2 1/2
1 x 2
1 x 2

Deadlifts:

125 1 x 8
125 1 x 8
125 1 x 3

Bench Dips:

1 x 10
1 x 10
1 x 10

Barbell Rows:

90 1 x 10
90 1 x 10
90 1 x 10

Shrugs:

50/50 1 x 8
50/50 1 x 8
50/50 1 x 8

Crunches:

1 x 100

By the way I'm around 189 pounds now. Eating a lot in Las Vegas helped. But I'm really not sure if I'm going about things the right way in that regard. Just seems too good to be true to be gaining that amount of weight that fast...and plus I don't even feel that much stronger.

Ness
04-03-2011, 12:22 AM
The last post I made on here was referring to the only time I went to the gym last week. Sad. Unfortunately I had a Las Vegas trip in the way, homework, and issues with my girlfriend. I got off to a weird start this week. I worked out Monday starting all over with upper chest like I did in the very last workout from the prior week. So I worked out Monday and I'm going to work out tonight on legs, and tomorrow on my usual third day workout. Anyways, here is the scoop on what happened Monday. I actually improved in my pullups barely. Not much, but it was enough to get my notice. Hopefully it wasn't a facade. Well here is the report:

145 1 x 6
145 1 x 6
145 1 x 6

Low Incline Dumbbell Bench Press:

50/50 1 x 10
50/50 1 x 10

Pull Ups:

1 x 3
1 x 3.5
1 x 3

Deadlifts:

125 1 x 7
125 1 x 7
125 1 x6

Bench Dips:

1 x 10
1 x 10
1 x 10

Barbell Rows:

90 1 x 10
90 1 x 10
90 1 x 10

Shrugs:

50/50 1 x 10
50/50 1 x 10
50/50 1 x 10

Crunches:

1 x 100

The deadlifts and barbell rows I feel like I'm starting to hit a bit of a brick wall. Or rather, the progress has slowed a tad bit. But I'm going to monitor it closely. My eating habits have been a little weird lately as well. I haven't been eating as much as I should. Or rather, I've been forgetting. So I'll try to correct that. I bought a supplement package. Which was GNC Pro Performance AMP. I got the talk from one of the clerks there and I was a little skeptical after I bought it...but I went home and did some modest research and from what I could tell he seemed like he wasn't giving me the run around. I don't know. I'm going to see how it works for me. I've been slacking on mixing it these last couple of weeks (it's a pain to mix), but I'll just endure it. I'm sure I'll find an easier method down the road. Well on to legs tonight.

Ness
04-08-2011, 12:38 AM
What a whirlwind. It's been difficult with my schoolwork piling up to get back on track. Here is the last report from I think last Saturday. Tonight I'm going to the gym for the first of four days in a row to just "catch up". Here was the report from Saturday?:

Squats:

140 1 x 10
140 1 x 10
140 1 x 10

Straight Leg Deadlift:

90 1 x 8
90 1 x 10
90 1 x 10

Leg Curls:

90 1 x 10
90 1 x 10
90 1 x 9

Standing Calf Raises:

1 x 15
1 x 15
1 x 15

Hack Squats:

85 1 x 8
85 1 x 8
85 1 x 8

Crunches:

1 x 100

Gotta get my eating under control too. o.O

Ness
04-08-2011, 03:56 AM
Just got back from the gym. I forgot my list from my previous session on this routine, so I kind of had to ad-limb the entire thing unfortunately. Here is what I got:

Seated Dumbbell Bench Press:

37.5/37.5 1 x 6
37.5/37.5 1 x 6
37.5/37.5 1 x 6

Close Grip Bench Press:

95 1 x 10
95 1 x 10
95 1 x 10

Extending Lateral Raises:

15/15 1 x 10
15/15 1 x 10

Barbell Curls:

60 1 x 6
60 1 x 6
60 1 x 6

Machine Incline Press:

50/50 1 x 10
50/50 1 x 10
50/50 1 x 10

Hammer Curls:

25/25 1 x 10
25/25 1 x 10

Forgot the French Press. I knew I missed something. Oh well, on to the next session.

Ness
04-09-2011, 05:11 AM
Just got back a while ago. Here is the report:

145 1 x 7
145 1 x 7
145 1 x 7

50/50 1 x 10
50/50 1 x 10

Deadlifts:

125 1 x 8
125 1 x 8
125 1 x 8

Bench Dips:

1 x 10
1 x 10
1 x 10

Barbell Rows:

95 1 x 8
95 1 x 8
95 1 x 8

Shrugs:

50/50 1 x 10
50/50 1 x 10
50/50 1 x 10

Crunches: 1 x 100

Unfortunately for some reason I couldn't do any of my pull ups. Not one. I'm not sure if it's because I worked on my arms the previous night or because after my first two exercises I didn't have the energy (which I don't think was the case because I could do the majority of my other exercises just fine). Something that also was an issue was that I didn't have the proper platform I needed. I'm not at the level where I can jump up and just start lifting my entire body up yet. I tried to do them by the end of my workout and give it a second try, but my arms were shot from the previous exercises. Maybe next time on this session I'll try going for this first.

Ness
04-10-2011, 02:30 AM
Leg day. Just came back a while ago. Here is what I got:

Squats:

145 1 x 8
145 1 x 8
145 1 x 8

Straight Leg Deadlifts:

95 1 x 100
95 1 x 100
95 1 x 100

Leg Curls:

95 1 x 8
95 1 x 8
95 1 x 8

Standing Calf Raises:

1 x 20
1 x 15
1 x 15

Hack Squats:

85 1 x 8
85 1 x 8
85 1 x 8

Crunches:

1 x 100

Ness
04-15-2011, 10:58 PM
Last night at the gym. Here is the report. I had a pretty decent workout in my opinion. As in, I felt like I was actually working out.

Seated Dumbbell Bench:

37.5/37.5 1 x 6
37.5/37.5 1 x 6
37.5/37.5 1 x 6

Close Grip Bench Press:

120 1 x 8
120 1 x 8
120 1 x 8

Standing Lateral Raises:

15/15 1 x 15
15/15 1 x 10

French Press:

30 1 x 10
30 1 x 10
30 1 x 10

Barbell Curls:

60 1 x 7
60 1 x 7
60 1 x 7

Machine Incline Press:

120 1 x 8
120 1 x 8

Hammer Curls:

25 1 x 10
25 1 x 10

Crunches:

1 x 100

Ness
04-16-2011, 11:11 PM
Report from last night. Still struggling on those pull ups. Bleh.

Flat Barbell Bench:

145 1 x 8
145 1 x 8
145 1 x 8

50/50 1 x 100
50/50 1 x 100

Pull Ups:

1 x 3
1 x 3
1 x 2

Deadlifts:

125 1 x 10
125 1 x 8
125 1 x 8

Bench Dips:

1 x 10
1 x 10
1 x 10

Barbell Rows:

1 x 10
1 x 10
1 x 10

Barbell Rows:

95 1 x 10
95 1 x 10
95 1 x 10

Shrugs:

50/50 1 x 10
50/50 1 x 10
50/50 1 x 10

Chruches:

1 x 100

Ness
04-17-2011, 11:45 AM
Here we go. Last night was legs.

Squats:

145 1 x 10
145 1 x 10
145 1 x 10

Straight Leg Deadlifts:

105 1 x 10
105 1 x 10
105 1 x 10

Leg Curls:

95 1 x 10
95 1 x 10
95 1 x 10

Standing Calf Raises:

1 x 15
1 x 15
1 x 15

Hack Squats:

85 1 x 10
85 1 x 10
85 1 x 10

Crunches:

1 x 100

Ness
05-23-2011, 11:36 PM
This is going to suck. I had to take an entire month off because of finals. School and work were getting to me. And I couldn't have the gym added. So I had to sacrifice it. It's been hard this entire time without having to go to the gym. Hopefully this never happens again. Or at least, not for a long, long time. I won't bite off more than I can chew again. I pray my body hasn't suffered that much of a loss, but I am expecting it. Should be an interesting first night. We'll see how it goes. The good news is that summer is here and I have three entire months to go to the gym with a lot more time on my hands. I can probably go four times a week now instead of the usual three. Time to get back into it. I'll post the result of my first report when I get back in a couple of hours.

Ness
05-24-2011, 03:24 AM
Being away for a month definitely took it's toll. Especially since I haven't been doing this that long. In any case, here are the results for my first day back. Chest day. Some of the numbers went down and it was a difficult workout, but that was to be expected going in.

Flat Barbell Bench:

145 1 x 8
145 1 x 8
145 1 x 8

Low Incline Bench Press:

50/50 1 x 10
50/50 1 x 10

Pull Ups:

1 x 3
1 x 4
1 x 4

Deadlifts:

105 1 x 8
105 1 x 8
105 1 x 8

Bench Dips:

1 x 10
1 x 10
1 x 10

Barbell Rows:

95 1 x 8
95 1 x 8
95 1 x 8

Shrugs:

50/50 1 x 10
50/50 1 x 10
50/50 1 x 10

Crunches:

1 x 100

Off Road
05-24-2011, 07:05 AM
Taking long breaks suck, but they happen. I took a break for three years to raise babies and go back to college. Don't worry, a month is nothing and you'll be back in top form very quickly.

Ness
06-16-2011, 01:23 PM
Finally back in the saddle. It's going to be a long road back, but whatever. This was chest day.

Flat Barbell Bench Press;

135 1 x 10
145 1 x 8
145 1 x 8

Low Incline Bench:

50/50 1 x 10
50/50 1 x 10

Pull Ups:

1 x 3
1 x 3
1 x 3

Deadlifts:

105 1 x 8
105 1 x 8
105 1 x 8

Bench Dips:

1 x 10
1 x 10
1 x 10

Barbell Rows:

65 1 x 8
65 1 x 8
65 1 x 8

Shrugs:

50/50 1 x 10
50/50 1 x 10
50/50 1 x 10

Crunches:

1 x 100

I will say that it is nice to be back in the gym again.

GazzyG
06-16-2011, 01:45 PM
Welcome back. You seem to have a good head on your shoulders and you've been given some good advice by experienced people.

Your strength will skyrocket if you keep doing what you're doing, guarantee it.

Ness
06-28-2011, 03:32 AM
Slowly, but surely.

145 1 x 8
145 1 x 8
145 1 x 8

Low Incline Bench:

50/50 1 x 10
50/50 1 x 10

Pull Ups:

1 x 3
1 x 3
1 x 4

Deadlifts:

105 1 x 8
105 1 x 8
105 1 x 8

Bench Dips:

1 x 10
1 x 10
1 x 10

Barbell Rows:

65 1 x 10
65 1 x 10
65 1 x 10

Shrugs:

50/50 1 x 10
50/50 1 x 10
50/50 1 x 10

Crunches:

1 x 100

Ness
07-08-2011, 01:03 AM
Forgot to post last week's second day. To make up time I'm doing four straight starting tonight. Anyways, last week's results:

Squats:

135 1 x 10
135 1 x 10
135 1 x 10

Straight Leg Deadlifts:

105 1 x 10
105 1 x 10
105 1 x 10

Leg Curls:

90 1 x 10
90 1 x 10
90 1 x 10

Standing Calf Raises:

1 x 15
1 x 15
1 x 15

Hack Squats:

85 1 x 10
85 1 x 8
85 1 x 8

Crunches:

1 x 100

Ness
07-08-2011, 04:52 AM
Numbers took a hit since I did this routine consistently. Hopefully I'll get back on track fairly soon:

Seated Dumbbell Bench:

27.5/27.5 1 x 8
27.5/27.5 1 x 8
27.5/27.5 1 x 8

Close Grip Bench:

120 1 x 8
120 1 x 8
120 1 x 8

Standing Lateral Raises:

15/15 1 x 10
15/15 1 x 10

French Press:

30 1 x 10
30 1 x 10
30 1 x 10

Barbell Curls:

60 1 x 7
60 1 x 7
60 1 x 7

Machine Incline Press:

120 1 x 8
120 1 x 8

Hammer Curls:

25 1 x 10
25 1 x 10

Also, I've started up again on a supplement. GMC's Amplified Wheybolic Extreme 60. At first I was skeptical when the salesperson first pitched this to me because he actually worked at the store and I assumed I was getting a raw deal, but he seemed like he knew what he was talking about and after buying it and going home and doing some research it seems like this item got a lot of positive feedback. It tastes decent. Had it with a peanut butter and jelly sandwich after this workout. Not bad. I was starving. Going to the store tomorrow. We'll see what I can find.

Ness
07-09-2011, 05:32 AM
Just came back. Here are the results:

145 1 x 8
145 1 x 8
145 1 x 8

Low Incline Bench:

50/50 1 x 10
50/50 1 x 10

Pull Ups:

1 x 3
1 x 3
1 x 4

Deadlifts:

105 1 x 8
105 1 x 8
105 1 x 8

Bench Dips:

1 x 10
1 x 10
1 x 10

Barbell Rows:

65 1 x 10
95 1 x 8
95 1 x 8

Shrugs:

50/50 1 x 10
50/50 1 x 10
50/50 1 x 10

Forgot to do my crunches, which came as a surprise to me. Perhaps I was just tired and it slipped my mind. I'm probably not going to start weight increasing again until next week. Still getting back into the flow of things.

Ness
07-09-2011, 11:54 PM
Leg night. Hack squats are annoying.

Straight Leg Deadlifts:

105 1 x 10
105 1 x 10
105 1 x 10

Hack Squats:

85 1 x 10
85 1 x 8
85 1 x 8

Leg Curls:

90 1 x 10
90 1 x 10
90 1 x 10

Standing Calf Raises:

1 x 15
1 x 15
1 x 18

Squats:

135 1 x 10
135 1 x 10
135 1 x 10

Crunches:

1 x 100

Ness
07-13-2011, 04:21 AM
Shoulders, triceps, and biceps day. Results:

27.5/27.5 1 x 10
27.5/27.5 1 x 10
27.5/27.5 1 x 10

Close Grip Bench Press:

120 1 x 8
120 1 x 8
120 1 x 8

Standing Lateral Raises:

15/15 1 x 10
15/15 1 x 10

French Press:

30 1 x 10
30 1 x 10
30 1 x 10

Barbell Curls:

60 1 x 7
60 1 x 7
60 1 x 7

Machine Incline Bench Press:

120 1 x 8
120 1 x 8

Hammer Curls:

25/25 1 x 10
25/25 1 x 10

Crunches:

1 x 100

Ness
07-15-2011, 04:19 AM
Chest day:

Flat Barbell Bench

150 1 x 8
150 1 x 8
150 1 x 8

Low Incline Bench:

50/50 1 x 10
50/50 1 x 10

Pull Ups:

1 x 5
1 x 5
1 x 5

Deadlifts:

110 1 x 8
110 1 x 8
110 1 x 8

Bench Dips:

1 x 10
1 x 10
1 x 10

Barbell Rows:

100 1 x 8
100 1 x 9
100 1 x 8

Shrugs:

50/50 1 x 10
50/50 1 x 10
50/50 1 x 10

Crunches:

1 x 100

Ness
07-16-2011, 03:17 AM
Legs. Really not liking hack squats. Hard exercise to do. Maybe my arms are too short. I'm going to stick with it for a while though. Results:

Squats:

140 1 x 10
140 1 x 10
140 1 x 10

Straight Leg Deadlifts:

115 1 x 10
115 1 x 10
115 1 x 10

Leg Curls:

95 1 x 10
95 1 x 10
95 1 x 10

Standing Calf Raises:

1 x 16
1 x 15
1 x 15

Hack Squats:

95 1 x 8
95 1 x 8
95 1 x 8

Crunches:

1 x 100

Ness
07-18-2011, 04:44 AM
Shoulders, Biceps, and Triceps.

Seated Dumbbell Press:

30/30 1 x 10
30/30 1 x 10
30/30 1 x 10

Close Grip Bench Press:

125 1 x 8
125 1 x 8
125 1 x 8

Standing Lateral Raises:

15/15 1 x 10
15/15 1 x 10

French Press:

35 1 x 10
35 1 x 10
35 1 x 10

Barbell Curls:

60 1 x 7
60 1 x 7
60 1 x 7

Machine Incline Press:

130 1 x 8
130 1 x 8

Hammer Curls:

27.5/27.5 1 x 10
27.5/27.5 1 x 10

Crunches:

1 x 100

Ness
07-21-2011, 03:08 PM
Chest. I'll add some more weight in the next session. Just wanted to see if I could sustain last week's results before moving on. Might do this for a lot of my sessions sometimes. By the way I come in at 200 pounds now. I think a lot of that weight might be in my ass though. Not sure. And it's mostly fat. I have been eating a good amount more, and taking GNC Pro Performance AMP Amplified Wheybolic Extreme 60, but it almost feels like I got to 200 too easily. Whatever. It's there now so I could I should make use out of it.

Flat Barbell Bench:

150 1 x 8
150 1 x 8
150 1 x 8

Low Incline Bench:

50/50 1 x 10
50/50 1 x 10

Pull Ups:

1 x 4
1 x 4
1 x 4

Deadlifts:

110 1 x 8
110 1 x 8
110 1 x 8

Bench Dips:

1 x 10
1 x 10
1 x 10

Barbell Rows:

100 1 x 8
100 1 x 8
100 1 x 8

Shrugs:

50/50 1 x 10
50/50 1 x 10
50/50 1 x 10

Crunches:

1 x 100

Ness
07-27-2011, 05:41 AM
Got behind a little. So cramming last week and this week together to compensate. Here is leg day:

Squats:

145 1 x 10
145 1 x 10
145 1 x 10

Straight Leg Deadlifts:

120 1 x 10
120 1 x 10
120 1 x 10

Leg Curls:

100 1 x 10
100 1 x 10
100 1 x 10

Standing Calf Raises:

1 x 16
1 x 15
1 x 15

Hack Squats:

95 1 x 8
95 1 x 8
95 1 x 8

Crunches:

1 x 100

Ness
07-28-2011, 01:30 AM
Triceps, shoulders, and biceps. Speaking of which I think I tweaked my left arm. Feels kind of painful around the deltoid. Perhaps it's the rotator cuff? It's happened before and I've recovered. Anyways, here are the results:

Seated Dumbbell Press:

32.5/32.5 1 x 10
32.5/32.5 1 x 10
32.5/32.5 1 x 10

Close Grip Bench Press:

125 1 x 8
125 1 x 8
125 1 x 8

Standing Lateral Raises:

17.5/17.5 1 x 10
17.5/17.5 1 x 10

French Press:

35 1 x 10
35 1 x 10
35 1 x 10

Barbell Curls:

60 1 x 8
60 1 x 8
60 1 x 8

Machine Incline Press:

130 1 x 8
130 1 x 8

Hammer Curls:

27.5/27.5 1 x 10
27.5/27.5 1 x 10

Crunches:

1 x 100

Ness
07-30-2011, 06:07 AM
Chest day. I made a mistake on my deadlifts and Barbell Rows. I had one side with two more pounds. Got a 35 pounder and 25 mixed up. No wonder why I was really struggling early on with my grip. Anyways, here are the results, although they are kind of skewed with a couple of the exercises:

Flat Barbell Bench:

150 1 x 8
150 1 x 8
150 1 x 8

Low Incline Bench:

50/50 1 x 10
50/50 1 x 10

Pull Ups:

1 x 4
1 x 4
1 x 3

Deadlifts:

120 1 x 8
120 1 x 8
120 1 x 8

Bench Dips:

1 x 10
1 x 10
1 x 10

Barbell Rows:

110 1 x 10
100 1 x 10
100 1 x 10

Shrugs:

50/50 1 x 10
50/50 1 x 10
50/50 1 x 10

Crunches:

1 x 100.

Still struggling with chin ups. They're really chin ups, so I should start calling them that. In any case, I'm not sure if it's because I've been gaining weight that I haven't seen an increase of production. I weigh about 200 pounds, but I'm not even sure if I bench press one rep of that yet. I'm guessing the answer is no. I'll try to get some film next week. Maybe some of the folks here can assess my technique and see what I'm doing wrong.

Ness
08-03-2011, 03:54 PM
Legs.

Squats:

150 1 x 10
150 1 x 10
150 1 x 10

Straight Leg Deadlifts:

125 1 x 10
125 1 x 10
125 1 x 10

Leg Curls:

110 1 x 10
110 1 x 10
110 1 x 10

Standing Calf Raises:

1 x 15
1 x 15
1 x 15

Hack Squats:

95 1 x 8
95 1 x 8
95 1 x 8

Crunches:

1 x 100

Ness
08-06-2011, 02:18 PM
Triceps, Biceps, and Shoulders:

32.5/32.5 1 x 10
32.5/32.5 1 x 10
32.5/32.5 1 x 10

Close Grip Bench Press:

125 1 x 10
125 1 x 10
125 1 x 8

Standing Lateral Raises:

17.5/17.5 1 x 10
17.5/17.5 1 x 10

French Press:

35 1 x 10
35 1 x 10
35 1 x 10

Barbell Curls:

60 1 x 8
60 1 x 8
60 1 x 8

Machine Incline Press:

130 1 x 8
130 1 x 8

Hammer Curls:

27.5/27.5 1 x 10
27.5/27.5 1 x 10

Crunches: 1 x 100

Ness
08-11-2011, 01:22 AM
Chest day. Still struggling with my pull ups. I have a video which I'm going to show you guys in my next post. It shows me at the gym struggling to do my pull ups. Hopefully I can get some feedback. Anyways, last night's results:

Flat Barbell Bench:

155 1 x 8
155 1 x 8
155 1 x 8

Low Incline Bench:

50/50 1 x 10
50/50 1 x 10

Pull Ups:

1 x 4
1 x 3
1 x 3

Deadlifts:

120 1 x 8
120 1 x 8
120 1 x 8

Bench Dips:

1 x 10
1 x 10
1 x 10

Barbell Rows:

110 1 x 10
110 1 x 10
110 1 x 10

Shrugs:

50/50 1 x 10
50/50 1 x 10
50/50 1 x 10

Ness
08-11-2011, 05:59 AM
So here is a video of what I did last night in terms of pull ups. As you can see I've been struggling like this for months. I was 170 around January and now I'm 200. I'm not sure if the increased weight has to do with anything. Everything else I've improved a little bit. At this point I can bench about 10 reps of 155 with three sets. I'm not sure what the problem is with pull ups. I just can't get the hang of them and can't seem to do more than four of them. I don't understand why I haven't improved. Perhaps you can help me? Here is the video:

P6jJUDUhn8s

Ness
08-11-2011, 06:22 AM
Legs. Tonight's results...or today's I should say:

Squats:

155 1 x 10
155 1 x 10
155 1 x 10

Straight Leg Deadlifts:

130 1 x 10
130 1 x 10
130 1 x 10

Standing Calf Raises:

1 x 15
1 x 15
1 x 15

Leg Curls:

110 1 x 10
110 1 x 10
110 1 x 10

Hack Sqauts:

95 1 x 10
95 1 x 10
95 1 x 10

Crunches:

1 x 100

Ness
08-12-2011, 05:27 AM
Triceps, shoulders, and biceps. Tonight was my third day in a row at the gym and I definitely noticed a drop off in an exercise or two. Then again, I was lifting a little bit more on a couple of exercises. I was going to think about going for a fourth straight day, but I think I'll let my body rest a little. One thing I need to do is start to add more diversity to my workout. I've noticed a little improvement, but I'm starting to feel that I may be doing too many of the same exercises and that is probably not good. I should explore more. Anyways, results:

35/35 1 x 10
35/35 1 x 10
35/35 1 x 10

Close Grip Bench Press:

125 1 x 10
125 1 x 10
125 1 x 10

Standing Lateral Raises:

17.5/17.5 1 x 10
17.5/17.5 1 x 10

French Press:

35 1 x 10
35 1 x 10
35 1 x 10

Barbell Curls:

60 1 x 10
60 1 x 8
60 1 x 5

Machine Incline Press:

130 1 x 8
130 1 x 8

Hammer Curls:

27.5/27.5 1 x 10
27.5/27.5 1 x 10

Crunches:

1 x 100

chevelle2291
08-12-2011, 01:21 PM
Good numbers man. Everything's on the increase, which is all you can ask for.

I will say that I don't think you should really be lifting more than 2 days in a row unless you were on a very specialized split, but even then it's easy to get burned out.

With the pullups, you really need a larger range of motion to get anything out of them. I'd continue to work on them, but I'd also do lat pulldowns if I were you. Contrary to WBB dogma, you CAN build a solid back with lat pulldowns instead of chinups. So, I'd probably do 1-2 set attempts of chins, and then 2-3 sets of lat pulldowns afterwards, just to make sure you're actually giving your lats some work.

Polish Viking
08-15-2011, 12:28 PM
Also with the chins do a dead hang and try to get all the way up and then long negative down= take 5 seconds to descend jump up two more times to the top for more work with those negatives 2 sets or so then two sets of lat pulldowns. Be sure to switch your grips up from time to time as the different groups target different muscles. With pull ups to get better at them for about two-three weeks you could do some sets every day to build quick strength, trust me your body will recover plenty quick enough if you keep the sets per day between 3-5

Ness
08-27-2011, 04:30 AM
Thanks for the advice people. I'll definitely keep it in mind.

Chest day. Everything was practically the same except for my pull ups. Tried doing it from a complete hang down and it was absolutely terrible. I wouldn't even say that I could do one full one. I'd get my arms about 90 degrees and then I couldn't finish by putting my head over. And really, I could only do one rep at a time. So that is something that I definitely need to work on, or rather, find an easier way of improving it.

Flat Barbell Bench:

155 1 x 8
155 1 x 8
155 1 x 8

Low Incline Bench:

50/50 1 x 10
50/50 1 x 10

Pull Ups:

1 x 1
1 x 1
1 x 1
1 x 1

Deadlifts:

120 1 x 8
120 1 x 8
120 1 x 8

Bench Dips:

1 x 10
1 x 10
1 x 10

Barbell Rows:

110 1 x 10
110 1 x 10
110 1 x 10

Shrugs:

50/50 1 x 10
50/50 1 x 10
50/50 1 x 10

Crunches:

1 x 100

Ness
09-08-2011, 12:37 AM
More chest day. Same results. Still getting back in a groove.

Flat Barbell Bench:

155 1 x 8
155 1 x 8
155 1 x 8

Low Incline Bench:

50/50 1 x 10
50/50 1 x 10

Pull Ups:

1 x 1
1 x 1
1 x 1
1 x 1

Deadlifts:

120 1 x 8
120 1 x 8
120 1 x 8

Bench Dips:

1 x 10
1 x 10
1 x 10

Barbell Rows:

110 1 x 10
110 1 x 10
110 1 x 10

Shrugs:

50/50 1 x 10
50/50 1 x 10
50/50 1 x 10

Crunches:

1 x 100

Ness
09-22-2011, 04:40 AM
Same routine for the last few weeks. Been so busy I haven't had time to dedicate myself properly. It's been a hell of a month, hopefully I can get back on track this week. I'm feeling good about it.

Flat Barbell Bench:

155 1 x 8
155 1 x 8
155 1 x 8

Low Incline Bench:

50/50 1 x 10
50/50 1 x 10

Pull Ups:

1 x 1
1 x 1
1 x 1
1 x 1

Deadlifts:

120 1 x 8
120 1 x 8
120 1 x 8

Bench Dips:

1 x 10
1 x 10
1 x 10

Barbell Rows:

110 1 x 10
110 1 x 10
110 1 x 10

Shrugs:

50/50 1 x 10
50/50 1 x 10
50/50 1 x 10

Crunches:

1 x 100

Ness
11-05-2011, 04:47 AM

155 1 x 6
155 1 x 6
155 1 x 6

Low Incline Bench Press:

50/50 1 x 10
50/50 1 x 10
50/50 1 x 10

Pull Ups:

1 x 1
1 x 1
1 x 1

Deadlifts:

120 1 x 6
120 1 x 6
120 1 x 6

Bench Dips:

1 x 10
1 x 10
1 x 10

Barbell Rows:

110 1 x 8
105 1 x 7
105 1 x 7

Shrugs:

50/50 1 x 10
50/50 1 x 10
50/50 1 x 10

Crunches:

1 x 100

Ness
11-13-2011, 04:47 AM
Leg day.

Squats:

95 1 x 10
115 1 x 10
135 1 x 10
135 1 x 10

Straight Leg Deadlifts:

115 1 x 10
115 1 x 10
115 1 x 10

Standing Calf Raises:

1 x 15
1 x 15
1 x 15

Leg Curls:

110 1 x 10
110 1 x 10
110 1 x 10

Hack Squats:

85 1 x 10
85 1 x 10
85 1 x 10

Crunches:

1 x 100

Ness
11-16-2011, 04:29 AM
Shoulders, biceps, and triceps.

Seated Dumbbell Press:

35/35 1 x 10
35/35 1 x 10
35/35 1 x 8

Close Grip Bench Press:

125 1 x 10
125 1 x 10
125 1 x 6

Standing Lateral Raises:

17.5/17.5 1 x 10
17.5/17.5 1 x 8

French Press:

35 1 x 10
35 1 x 10
35 1 x 10

Barbell Curls:

50 1 x 10
50 1 x 10
50 1 x 7

Machine Incline Press:

130 1 x 8
130 1 x 4

Hammer Curls:

27.5/27.5 1 x 10
27.5/27.5 1 x 7

Crunches:

1 x 100

Ness
11-18-2011, 03:40 AM
Chest Day.

155 1 x 6
155 1 x 6
155 1 x 6

Low Incline Bench Press:

50/50 1 x 10
50/50 1 x 10
50/50 1 x 10

Pull Ups:

1 x 1
1 x 1
1 x 1

Deadlifts:

120 1 x 6
120 1 x 6
120 1 x 6

Bench Dips:

1 x 10
1 x 10
1 x 10

Barbell Rows:

105 1 x 10
105 1 x 10
105 1 x 10

Shrugs:

50/50 1 x 10
50/50 1 x 10
50/50 1 x 10

Crunches:

1 x 100

Ness
11-21-2011, 02:58 PM
Legs.

Squats:

135 1 x 10
135 1 x 10
135 1 x 10

Straight Leg Deadlifts:

115 1 x 10
115 1 x 10
115 1 x 10

Standing Calf Raises:

1 x 15
1 x 15
1 x 15

Leg Curls:

110 1 x 10
110 1 x 10
110 1 x 10

Hack Squats:

85 1 x 10
85 1 x 10
85 1 x 10

Crunches:

1 x 100

Ness
11-24-2011, 02:04 AM

Seated Dumbbell Press:

35/35 1 x 10
35/35 1 x 8
35/35 1 x 8

Close Grip Bench Press:

125 1 x 10
125 1 x 10
125 1 x 7

Standing Lateral Raises:

17.5/17.5 1 x 10
17.5/17.5 1 x 10

French Press:

35 1 x 10
35 1 x 10
35 1 x 10

Barbell Curls:

50 1 x 10
50 1 x 10
50 1 x 10
Machine Incline Press:

130 1 x 10
130 1 x 5

Hammer Curls:

27.5/27.5 1 x 10
27.5/27.5 1 x 8

Crunches:

1 x 100

Ness
11-27-2011, 02:34 AM
Chest.

155 1 x 6
155 1 x 6
155 1 x 6

Low Incline Bench Press:

50/50 1 x 10
50/50 1 x 10
50/50 1 x 10

Pull Ups:

1 x 1
1 x 1
1 x 1

Deadlifts:

120 1 x 7
120 1 x 7
120 1 x 7

Bench Dips:

1 x 10
1 x 10
1 x 10

Barbell Rows:

105 1 x 10
105 1 x 10
105 1 x 10

Shrugs:

50/50 1 x 10
50/50 1 x 10
50/50 1 x 10

Crunches:

1 x 100

Ness
12-05-2011, 05:57 AM
Legs.

Squats:

145 1 x 10
145 1 x 10
145 1 x 10

Straight Leg Deadlifts:

120 1 x 10
120 1 x 10
120 1 x 10

Standing Calf Raises:

1 x 15
1 x 15
1 x 15

Leg Curls:

115 1 x 10
115 1 x 10
115 1 x 10

Hack Squats:

95 1 x 10
95 1 x 10
95 1 x 10

Crunches:

1 x 100

Ness
12-27-2011, 05:17 AM
Chest.

155 1 x 6
155 1 x 6
155 1 x 6

Low Incline Bench Press:

50/50 1 x 10
50/50 1 x 10
50/50 1 x 10

Pull Ups:

1 x 1
1 x 1
1 x 1

Deadlifts:

120 1 x 7
120 1 x 7
120 1 x 7

Bench Dips:

1 x 10
1 x 10
1 x 10

Barbell Rows:

105 1 x 10
105 1 x 10
105 1 x 10

Shrugs:

50/50 1 x 10
50/50 1 x 10
50/50 1 x 10

Crunches:

1 x 100

Ness
12-29-2011, 04:40 AM
Legs.

Squats:

145 1 x 10
145 1 x 10
145 1 x 10

Straight Leg Deadlifts:

120 1 x 10
120 1 x 10
120 1 x 10

Standing Calf Raises:

1 x 15
1 x 15
1 x 15

Leg Curls:

120 1 x 10
120 1 x 10
120 1 x 10

Hack Squats:

95 1 x 10
95 1 x 10
95 1 x 10

Crunches:

1 x 100

Ness
01-05-2012, 01:26 AM
Forgot to post my workout from last Saturday:

Seated Dumbbell Press:

35/35 1 x 10
35/35 1 x 10
35/35 1 x 10

Close Grip Bench Press:

125 1 x 10
125 1 x 10
125 1 x 10

Standing Lateral Raises:

17.5/17.5 1 x 10
17.5/17.5 1 x 10

French Press:

35 1 x 10
35 1 x 10
35 1 x 10

Barbell Curls:

50 1 x 10
50 1 x 10
50 1 x 10

Machine Incline Press:

130 1 x 10
130 1 x 5

Hammer Curls:

27.5/27.5 1 x 10
27.5/27.5 1 x 8

Crunches:

1 x 100

Ness
01-05-2012, 05:16 AM
Chest day.

155 1 x 8
155 1 x 8
155 1 x 8

Low Incline Bench Press:

50/50 1 x 10
50/50 1 x 10
50/50 1 x 10

Pull Ups:

1 x 1
1 x 1
1 x 1

Deadlifts:

120 1 x 8
120 1 x 8
120 1 x 8

Bench Dips:

1 x 10
1 x 10
1 x 10

Barbell Rows:

105 1 x 10
105 1 x 10
105 1 x 10

Shrugs:

50/50 1 x 10
50/50 1 x 10
50/50 1 x 10

Crunches:

1 x 100

Ness
01-08-2012, 07:48 PM
Legs day from a couple of days ago:

Squats:

155 1 x 10
155 1 x 10
155 1 x 10

Straight Leg Deadlifts:

125 1 x 8
125 1 x 8
125 1 x 8

Standing Calf Raises:

1 x 15
1 x 15
1 x 15

Leg Curls:

130 1 x 8
130 1 x 8
130 1 x 8

Hack Squats:

95 1 x 8
95 1 x 8
95 1 x 8

Crunches:

1 x 100

Ness
01-10-2012, 04:57 AM
Shoulders, biceps, and triceps. Yesterday.

Seated Dumbbell Press:

35/35 1 x 10
35/35 1 x 10
35/35 1 x 10

Close Grip Bench Press:

130 1 x 10
130 1 x 10
130 1 x 10

Standing Lateral Raises:

17.5/17.5 1 x 10
17.5/17.5 1 x 10

French Press:

35 1 x 10
35 1 x 10
35 1 x 10

Barbell Curls:

55 1 x 10
55 1 x 10
55 1 x 16

Machine Incline Press:

130 1 x 10
130 1 x 6

Hammer Curls:

27.5/27.5 1 x 10
27.5/27.5 1 x 10

Crunches:

1 x 100

Ness
01-12-2012, 10:48 PM
Chest day.

155 1 x 8
155 1 x 8
155 1 x 8

Low Incline Bench Press:

50/50 1 x 10
50/50 1 x 10
50/50 1 x 10

Pull Ups:

1 x 2
1 x 2
1 x 2

Deadlifts:

120 1 x 8
120 1 x 8
120 1 x 8

Bench Dips:

1 x 10
1 x 10
1 x 10

Barbell Rows:

105 1 x 10
105 1 x 10
105 1 x 10

Shrugs:

50/50 1 x 10
50/50 1 x 10
50/50 1 x 10

Crunches:

1 x 100

Ness
01-16-2012, 02:56 PM
Legs a few days ago:

Squats:

155 1 x 10
155 1 x 10
155 1 x 10

Straight Leg Deadlifts:

135 1 x 8
135 1 x 8
135 1 x 8

Standing Calf Raises:

1 x 15
1 x 15
1 x 15

Leg Curls:

130 1 x 8
130 1 x 8
130 1 x 8

Hack Squats:

95 1 x 10
95 1 x 10
95 1 x 10

Crunches:

1 x 100

Ness
01-16-2012, 07:56 PM
Shoulders, biceps, triceps:

Seated Dumbbell Press:

35/35 1 x 8
35/35 1 x 8
35/35 1 x 8

Close Grip Bench Press:

130 1 x 10
130 1 x 10
130 1 x 10

Standing Lateral Raises:

17.5/17.5 1 x 10
17.5/17.5 1 x 10

French Press:

35 1 x 10
35 1 x 10
35 1 x 10

Barbell Curls:

55 1 x 10
55 1 x 10
55 1 x 16

Machine Incline Press:

130 1 x 10
130 1 x 8

Hammer Curls:

27.5/27.5 1 x 10
27.5/27.5 1 x 10

Crunches:

1 x 100

Ness
01-20-2012, 07:41 PM
Chest day.

155 1 x 10
155 1 x 8
155 1 x 7

Low Incline Bench Press:

50/50 1 x 10
50/50 1 x 10
50/50 1 x 10

Pull Ups:

1 x 2
1 x 2
1 x 2

Deadlifts:

120 1 x 10
120 1 x 8
120 1 x 8

Bench Dips:

1 x 10
1 x 10
1 x 10

Barbell Rows:

105 1 x 10
105 1 x 10
105 1 x 10

Shrugs:

50/50 1 x 10
50/50 1 x 10
50/50 1 x 10

Crunches:

1 x 100

Ness
01-26-2012, 12:50 AM
Legs. A few days ago. I think last Saturday.

Squats:

155 1 x 10
155 1 x 10
155 1 x 10

Straight Leg Deadlifts:

135 1 x 10
135 1 x 10
135 1 x 10

Standing Calf Raises:

1 x 15
1 x 15
1 x 15

Leg Curls:

130 1 x 10
130 1 x 10
130 1 x 10

Hack Squats:

100 1 x 10
100 1 x 10
100 1 x 10

Crunches:

1 x 100

Ness
01-26-2012, 05:16 AM
Shoulders, biceps, triceps:

Seated Dumbbell Press:

35/35 1 x 10
35/35 1 x 10
35/35 1 x 10

Close Grip Bench Press:

135 1 x 6
135 1 x 6
135 1 x 6

Standing Lateral Raises:

17.5/17.5 1 x 10
17.5/17.5 1 x 10

French Press:

35 1 x 10
35 1 x 10
35 1 x 10

Barbell Curls:

55 1 x 10
55 1 x 10
55 1 x 10

Machine Incline Press:

130 1 x 10
130 1 x 10

Hammer Curls:

27.5/27.5 1 x 10
27.5/27.5 1 x 10

Crunches:

1 x 100

onetimedeal
01-26-2012, 06:01 AM
keep getting stronger friend. no excuses is the way

and 100 crunches is good keep going

Ness
02-01-2012, 12:20 AM
Legs day. Chest day was a mess as I was helping out someone else. So I might not post that. I might just redo that day at the end of the week. We'll see. Anyways, legs:

Squats:

160 1 x 10
160 1 x 10
160 1 x 10

Straight Leg Deadlifts:

135 1 x 10
135 1 x 10
135 1 x 10

Standing Calf Raises:

1 x 15
1 x 15
1 x 15

Leg Curls:

140 1 x 10
140 1 x 10
140 1 x 6

Hack Squats:

100 1 x 10
100 1 x 10
100 1 x 10

Crunches:

1 x 100

Ness
02-02-2012, 09:45 PM
Last night's results from triceps, biceps, and shoulders routine:

Seated Dumbbell Press:

35/35 1 x 10
35/35 1 x 10
35/35 1 x 10

Close Grip Bench Press:

135 1 x 6
135 1 x 6
135 1 x 6

Standing Lateral Raises:

17.5/17.5 1 x 10
17.5/17.5 1 x 10

French Press:

35 1 x 10
35 1 x 10
35 1 x 10

Barbell Curls:

55 1 x 10
55 1 x 10
55 1 x 10

Machine Incline Press:

130 1 x 10
130 1 x 10

Hammer Curls:

27.5/27.5 1 x 10
27.5/27.5 1 x 10

Crunches:

1 x 100

Ness
02-03-2012, 01:20 AM
Tonight's chest results.

155 1 x 10
155 1 x 10
155 1 x 7

Low Incline Bench Press:

50/50 1 x 10
50/50 1 x 10
50/50 1 x 10

Pull Ups:

1 x 2
1 x 2
1 x 2

Deadlifts:

120 1 x 10
120 1 x 10
120 1 x 10

Bench Dips:

1 x 10
1 x 10
1 x 10

Barbell Rows:

105 1 x 10
105 1 x 10
105 1 x 10

Shrugs:

55/55 1 x 10
55/55 1 x 10
55/55 1 x 10

Crunches:

1 x 100

Time+Patience
02-03-2012, 09:05 AM
It's been a while since I've stopped in here. I have some catching up to do.

Love the avatar BTW. Damnit, they were very close to getting to the big game. It always comes down to who makes the least amount of mistakes in games like these!

I'd like to see multiple playoff berths, year after year.

Ness
02-04-2012, 03:31 PM
It's been a while since I've stopped in here. I have some catching up to do.

Love the avatar BTW. Damnit, they were very close to getting to the big game. It always comes down to who makes the least amount of mistakes in games like these!

I'd like to see multiple playoff berths, year after year.

Yes, I don't think I'll ever get over that loss unless the 49ers win the Super Bowl in the next five or so years.

Ness
02-10-2012, 12:52 AM
Late start to this week. Here was my last session. Legs:

Squats:

160 1 x 10
160 1 x 10
160 1 x 10

Straight Leg Deadlifts:

135 1 x 10
135 1 x 10
135 1 x 10

Standing Calf Raises:

1 x 15
1 x 15
1 x 15

Leg Curls:

140 1 x 10
140 1 x 10
140 1 x 8

Hack Squats:

100 1 x 10
100 1 x 10
100 1 x 10

Crunches:

1 x 100

Ness
02-12-2012, 05:11 AM
A couple nights back.

Seated Dumbbell Press:

35/35 1 x 10
35/35 1 x 10
35/35 1 x 10

Close Grip Bench Press:

135 1 x 8
135 1 x 8
135 1 x 8

Standing Lateral Raises:

17.5/17.5 1 x 10
17.5/17.5 1 x 10

French Press:

35 1 x 10
35 1 x 10
35 1 x 10

Barbell Curls:

60 1 x 10
60 1 x 10
60 1 x 10

Machine Incline Press:

130 1 x 10
130 1 x 10

Hammer Curls:

27.5/27.5 1 x 10
27.5/27.5 1 x 10

Crunches:

1 x 100

Ness
02-12-2012, 05:12 AM
A few hours ago:

155 1 x 10
155 1 x 10
155 1 x 9

Low Incline Bench Press:

50/50 1 x 10
50/50 1 x 10
50/50 1 x 10

Pull Ups:

1 x 3
1 x 3
1 x 2

Deadlifts:

125 1 x 8
125 1 x 8
125 1 x 8

Bench Dips:

1 x 10
1 x 10
1 x 10

Barbell Rows:

105 1 x 10
105 1 x 10
105 1 x 10

Shrugs:

55/55 1 x 10
55/55 1 x 10
55/55 1 x 10

Crunches:

1 x 100

Ness
02-25-2012, 12:43 PM
Late start to this week. Here was my last session. Legs:

Squats:

155 1 x 10
155 1 x 10
155 1 x 10

Straight Leg Deadlifts:

135 1 x 10
135 1 x 10
135 1 x 10

Standing Calf Raises:

1 x 15
1 x 15
1 x 15

Leg Curls:

140 1 x 10
140 1 x 10
140 1 x 10

Hack Squats:

100 1 x 10
100 1 x 10
100 1 x 10

Crunches:

1 x 100

Ness
04-15-2012, 02:23 AM

135 1 x 10
135 1 x 10
135 1 x 10

Low Incline Bench Press:

50/50 1 x 8
50/50 1 x 8
50/50 1 x 8

Pull Ups:

1 x 2
1 x 2
1 x 1

Deadlifts:

125 1 x 6
125 1 x 6
125 1 x 6

Bench Dips:

1 x 10
1 x 10
1 x 10

Barbell Rows:

105 1 x 10
105 1 x 10
105 1 x 10

Shrugs:

55/55 1 x 10
55/55 1 x 10
55/55 1 x 10

Ness
04-22-2012, 04:21 AM
Leg day.

Squats:

135 1 x 10
135 1 x 10
135 1 x 10

Straight Leg Deadlifts:

125 1 x 10
125 1 x 10
125 1 x 10

Standing Calf Raises:

1 x 15
1 x 15
1 x 15

Leg Curls:

140 1 x 10
140 1 x 10
140 1 x 9

Hack Squats:

100 1 x 10
100 1 x 10
100 1 x 8

Crunches:

1 x 100

Ness
04-24-2012, 10:08 PM
Last night's results:

Seated Dumbbell Press:

35/35 1 x 10
35/35 1 x 10
35/35 1 x 10

Close Grip Bench Press:

135 1 x 6
135 1 x 6
135 1 x 6

Standing Lateral Raises:

17.5/17.5 1 x 10
17.5/17.5 1 x 10

French Press:

35 1 x 10
35 1 x 10
35 1 x 10

Barbell Curls:

60 1 x 10
60 1 x 5
60 1 x 3

Machine Incline Press:

130 1 x 10
130 1 x 5

Hammer Curls:

27.5/27.5 1 x 10
27.5/27.5 1 x 10

Crunches:

1 x 100

Bako Lifter
04-24-2012, 10:14 PM
Good stuff man, do you do 100 crunches in a row?

Ness
04-25-2012, 11:48 PM
Good stuff man, do you do 100 crunches in a row?

Yeah I do. On a fitness ball.

Ness
04-26-2012, 03:42 AM

145 1 x 8
145 1 x 8
145 1 x 8

Low Incline Bench Press:

50/50 1 x 10
50/50 1 x 10
50/50 1 x 10

Pull Ups:

1 x 2
1 x 1
1 x 1

Deadlifts:

125 1 x 7
125 1 x 7
125 1 x 7

Bench Dips:

1 x 10
1 x 10
1 x 10

Barbell Rows:

105 1 x 10
105 1 x 10
105 1 x 10

Shrugs:

55/55 1 x 10
55/55 1 x 10
55/55 1 x 10

Crunches:

Ness
04-29-2012, 12:57 PM
Leg day.

Squats:

135 1 x 10
135 1 x 10
135 1 x 10

Straight Leg Deadlifts:

125 1 x 10
125 1 x 10
125 1 x 10

Standing Calf Raises:

1 x 15
1 x 15
1 x 15

Leg Curls:

140 1 x 10
140 1 x 10
140 1 x 6

Hack Squats:

100 1 x 10
100 1 x 10
100 1 x 10

Crunches:

1 x 100

Ness
05-01-2012, 01:41 AM
Earlier yesterday. For some reason I forgot my French Press. Weird.

Seated Dumbbell Press:

35/35 1 x 10
35/35 1 x 10
35/35 1 x 10

Close Grip Bench Press:

135 1 x 7
135 1 x 7
135 1 x 7

Standing Lateral Raises:

17.5/17.5 1 x 10
17.5/17.5 1 x 5

Barbell Curls:

60 1 x 10
60 1 x 6
60 1 x 54

Machine Incline Press:

130 1 x 10
130 1 x 5

Hammer Curls:

27.5/27.5 1 x 10
27.5/27.5 1 x 10

Crunches:

1 x 100

Ness
05-03-2012, 11:46 AM
Yesterday morning:

145 1 x 10
145 1 x 10
145 1 x 10

Low Incline Bench Press:

50/50 1 x 10
50/50 1 x 10
50/50 1 x 10

Pull Ups:

1 x 1
1 x 1
1 x 1

Deadlifts:

125 1 x 8
125 1 x 8
125 1 x 8

Bench Dips:

1 x 10
1 x 10
1 x 10

Barbell Rows:

105 1 x 10
105 1 x 10
105 1 x 10

Shrugs:

55/55 1 x 10
55/55 1 x 10
55/55 1 x 10

Crunches:

Ness
05-06-2012, 01:56 AM
Yesterday evening's leg workout. After doing some research I've decided to add a couple of exercises to my leg day. It clearly needed an upgrade. For the other days I'll either be adding some stuff or changing something. One other thing I'm also doing is doing a few warmup sets on each exercise before I go to the "challenge" weight so to speak. I find it really does warm by body up for the impending procedure. Anyways here are the results:

*The warmup sets are not listed.

Leg Curls:

150 1 x 6
150 1 x 6
150 1 x 6

Squats:

145 1 x 10
145 1 x 10
145 1 x 10

Leg Press:

180 1 x 10
180 1 x 10
180 1 x 10

Standing Calf Raises:

1 x 15
1 x 15
1 x 15

Straight Leg Deadlifts:

125 1 x 10
125 1 x 10
125 1 x 10

Hack Squats:

100 1 x 10
100 1 x 10
100 1 x 10

Incline sit ups:

1 x 25
1 x 30
1 x 30

Pull Ups:

1 x 1
1 x 1
1 x 1

Ness
05-07-2012, 12:14 PM

Seated Dumbbell Press:

35/35 1 x 10
35/35 1 x 10
35/35 1 x 10

Close Grip Bench Press:

135 1 x 8
135 1 x 8
135 1 x 8

Standing Lateral Raises:

17.5/17.5 1 x 10
17.5/17.5 1 x 10

French Press:

35 1 x 10
35 1 x 10
35 1 x 10

Barbell Curls:

60 1 x 10
60 1 x 6
60 1 x 6

Machine Incline Press:

130 1 x 10
130 1 x 7

Hammer Curls:

27.5/27.5 1 x 10
27.5/27.5 1 x 10

Incline sit ups:

1 x 60
1 x 40
1 x 40

I was really impressed with the incline situps over the last couple of workouts. They are leagues better than doing crunches on a fitness ball. I really feel the burn with those.

I tried doing pull ups to finish my work out, but I couldn't even do one. I'm not sure if my body was too tired that even or over the last couple of days. I went to a different gym, and the bar was a tad different in design, but I doubt that had anything to do with it.

Ness
05-10-2012, 06:04 PM
Chest day work out.

Flat Barbell Bench:

135 1 x 10
135 1 x 10
135 1 x 10

155 1 x 3
155 1 x 4
155 1 x 4

Low Income Bench:

50/50 1 x 10
50/50 1 x 10
50/50 1 x 10

Incline Bench:

95 1 x 10
95 1 x 10
95 1 x 10

Deadlifts:

125 1 x 8
125 1 x 8
125 1 x 8

Bench Dips:

1 x 10
1 x 10
1 x 10

Barbell Rows:

105 1 x 10
105 1 x 10
105 1 x 10

Pull Ups:

1 x 2
1 x 2
1 x 1

Shrugs:

55/55 1 x 10
55/55 1 x 10
55/55 1 x 10

Incline Sit Ups:

1 x 35
1 x 35
1 x 35

Ness
05-13-2012, 02:16 PM
Working out the legs. Hack Squats are really a pain to do. Probably the exercise I hate the most...

* Warm up sets not shown.

Leg Curls:

155 1 x 6
155 1 x 6
155 1 x 6

Squats:

155 1 x 10
155 1 x 10
155 1 x 10

Leg Press:

180 1 x 10
180 1 x 10
180 1 x 10

Standing Calf Raises:

1 x 15
1 x 15
1 x 15

Straight Leg Deadlifts:

135 1 x 10
135 1 x 10
135 1 x 10

Back extensions:

1 x 10
1 x 10
1 x 10

Hack Squats:

100 1 x 10
100 1 x 10
100 1 x 10

Incline Sit Ups:

1 x 25
1 x 30
1 x 30

Pull Ups:

1 x 2
1 x 1

Ness
05-15-2012, 01:03 PM
A couple of nights ago Sunday.

Seated Dumbbell Press:

35/35 1 x 10
35/35 1 x 10
35/35 1 x 7

Close Grip Bench Press:

135 1 x 8
135 1 x 8
135 1 x 8

Standing Lateral Raises:

17.5/17.5 1 x 10
17.5/17.5 1 x 10

French Press:

35 1 x 10
35 1 x 10
35 1 x 10

Barbell Curls:

60 1 x 10
60 1 x 7
60 1 x 7

Machine Incline Press:

140 1 x 10
140 1 x 8

Hammer Curls:

27.5/27.5 1 x 10
27.5/27.5 1 x 10

Incline sit ups:

1 x 35
1 x 30
1 x 30

Initially when doing my incline sit ups, I was holding on to the sides of the bench while raising up...but this past session I changed it to where I'm not holding the sides of the seat while raising, and I've noticed that I feel a lot more of the exercise in my abs. I'm not certain why. Perhaps it takes more work to maintain that balance when raising up. I believe I'm going to stick with not holding on to the sides, as that was the original instruction I came across. I hope it helps.

Ness
05-18-2012, 07:21 PM
Last Thursday. Decided to try and max out with my bench for the first time. Used the squatting rack with a bench under it to lift instead of the regular bench rack since I don't have spotter. It took a few minutes to set it up, especially since it was my first time, but it worked out. Might do this regularly now.

Incline Bench:

95 1 x 10
95 1 x 10
95 1 x 10

Flat Barbell Bench:

135 1 x 10
135 1 x 10

155 1 x 5
155 1 x 5
155 1 x 5

165 1 x 3
175 1 x 2

Low Incline Bench:

50/50 1 x 10
50/50 1 x 10
50/50 1 x 10

Bench Dips:

1 x 10
1 x 10
1 x 10

Deadlifts:

125 1 x 9
125 1 x 9
125 1 x 9

Barbell Rows:

105 1 x 10
105 1 x 10
105 1 x 10

Shrugs:

55/55 1 x 10
55/55 1 x 10
55/55 1 x 10

Pull Ups:

1 x 3
1 x 2
1 x 2

Decline Sit Ups:

1 x 40
1 x 30
1 x 25

Ness
05-22-2012, 11:59 PM
Last Saturday.

*Warm Up sets not shown.

Leg Curls:

155 1 x 6
155 1 x 5
125 1 x 10

Squats:

155 1 x 10
155 1 x 10
155 1 x 10

Leg Press:

200 1 x 10
200 1 x 10
200 1 x 10

Standing Calf Raises:

35 1 x 15
35 1 x 15
35 1 x 15

Straight Leg Deadlifts:

135 1 x 10
135 1 x 10
135 1 x 10

Back extensions:

1 x 10 w/10lbs
1 x 10 w/10lbs
1 x 10 w/10lbs

Hack Squats:

100 1 x 10
100 1 x 10
100 1 x 10

Incline Sit Ups:

1 x 30
1 x 30
1 x 30

Pull Ups:

1 x 2
1 x 2
1 x 2

Ness
05-23-2012, 03:32 AM
About an hour ago.

Seated Dumbbell Press:

35/35 1 x 10
35/35 1 x 10
35/35 1 x 10

Close Grip Bench Press:

135 1 x 8
135 1 x 9
135 1 x 8

Standing Lateral Raises:

17.5/17.5 1 x 10
17.5/17.5 1 x 10

French Press:

35 1 x 10
35 1 x 10
35 1 x 10

Barbell Curls:

60 1 x 10
60 1 x 7
60 1 x 7

Machine Incline Press:

140 1 x 10
140 1 x 8

Hammer Curls:

30/30 1 x 10
30/30 1 x 10

Incline sit ups:

1 x 40
1 x 35
1 x 35

Pull Ups:

1 x 3
1 x 1
1 x 1

Still having trouble with the pull ups/chin ups. I've been trying some of the different grips at the gym, and find my success rate varies. Not sure if this is a good approach. Perhaps I should stick with just one. At the same time I want to try and throw my body a curve ball and not get used to doing it a certain way.

Ness
05-30-2012, 12:02 AM
I think this was last Thursday? Missed two of my workouts because a friend was in town. Big no-no. Anyways, here is the last report:

Incline Bench:

95 1 x 10
95 1 x 10
95 1 x 10

Flat Barbell Bench:

135 1 x 10
135 1 x 10

155 1 x 6
155 1 x 6
155 1 x 6

165 1 x 5
165 1 x 5

Low Incline Bench:

50/50 1 x 10
50/50 1 x 10
50/50 1 x 10

Bench Dips:

1 x 10
1 x 10
1 x 10

Deadlifts:

125 1 x 9
125 1 x 9
125 1 x 9

Barbell Rows:

105 1 x 10
105 1 x 10
105 1 x 10

Shrugs:

55/55 1 x 10
55/55 1 x 10
55/55 1 x 10

Pull Ups:

1 x 3
1 x 2

Decline Sit Ups:

1 x 30
1 x 30
1 x 30

Ness
05-30-2012, 02:38 PM
Last night. Legs. The pull ups are still a problem! Ugggh!

*Warm Up sets not shown.

Leg Curls:

125 1 x 10
125 1 x 10
125 1 x 10

Squats:

155 1 x 10
155 1 x 10
155 1 x 10

Leg Press:

200 1 x 10
200 1 x 10
200 1 x 10

Standing Calf Raises:

35 1 x 15
35 1 x 15
35 1 x 15

Straight Leg Deadlifts:

135 1 x 10
135 1 x 10
135 1 x 10

Back extensions:

1 x 10 w/10lbs
1 x 10 w/10lbs
1 x 10 w/10lbs

Hack Squats:

105 1 x 10
105 1 x 10
105 1 x 10

Decline Sit Ups:

1 x 40
1 x 40
1 x 40

Pull Ups:

1 x 2
1 x 1

Ness
06-01-2012, 04:20 AM
Finished the workout about an hour ago. Took out the French Press and Machine Incline Press and wanted to try out Lat Pull Downs and Tricep Pull Downs.

Seated Dumbbell Press:

35/35 1 x 10
35/35 1 x 10
35/35 1 x 10

Close Grip Bench Press:

135 1 x 9
135 1 x 9
135 1 x 7

Standing Lateral Raises:

17.5/17.5 1 x 10
17.5/17.5 1 x 10

Tricep Pull Downs:

80 1 x 10
80 1 x 10
80 1 x 10

Barbell Curls:

60 1 x 8
60 1 x 10
60 1 x 10

Lat Pull Downs:

90 1 x 10
105 1 x 10
105 1 x 10

Hammer Curls:

30/30 1 x 10
30/30 1 x 10

Decline sit ups:

1 x 40
1 x 40
1 x 40

Pull Ups:

1 x 3
1 x 2
1 x 1

Ness
06-11-2012, 02:04 PM
Earlier this morning:

*Warm up sets not shown.

Incline Bench:

95 1 x 10
95 1 x 10
95 1 x 10

Flat Barbell Bench:

135 1 x 10
135 1 x 10

155 1 x 6
155 1 x 6
155 1 x 6

165 1 x 5
165 1 x 5

Low Incline Bench:

50/50 1 x 10
50/50 1 x 10
50/50 1 x 10

Bench Dips:

1 x 10
1 x 10
1 x 10

Deadlifts:

125 1 x 10
125 1 x 10
125 1 x 10

Barbell Rows:

105 1 x 10
105 1 x 10
105 1 x 10

Shrugs:

55/55 1 x 10
55/55 1 x 10
55/55 1 x 10

Pull Ups:

1 x 2
1 x 2

Decline Sit Ups:

1 x 40
1 x 40
1 x 40

Ness
06-13-2012, 03:26 AM
Leg workout report. Went with leg extensions instead of leg curls tonight.

*Warm Up sets not shown.

Leg Extension:

125 1 x 10
125 1 x 10
125 1 x 10

Squats:

155 1 x 10
155 1 x 10
155 1 x 10

Leg Press:

200 1 x 10
220 1 x 10
220 1 x 10

Standing Calf Raises:

35 1 x 15
35 1 x 15
35 1 x 15

Straight Leg Deadlifts:

135 1 x 10
135 1 x 10
140 1 x 10

Back extensions:

1 x 10 w/25lbs
1 x 10 w/25lbs
1 x 10 w/25lbs

Hack Squats:

115 1 x 7
115 1 x 7
115 1 x 7

Decline Sit Ups:

1 x 40
1 x 40
1 x 40

Pull Ups:

1 x 2
1 x 1

Ness
06-22-2012, 02:56 AM
Shoulders day.

Seated Dumbbell Press:

35/35 1 x 10
35/35 1 x 10
35/35 1 x 10

Close Grip Bench Press:

135 1 x 7
135 1 x 9
135 1 x 9

Standing Lateral Raises:

17.5/17.5 1 x 10
17.5/17.5 1 x 10

Tricep Pull Downs:

80 1 x 10
80 1 x 10
100 1 x 10

Barbell Curls:

60 1 x 10
60 1 x 10
60 1 x 10

Lat Pull Downs:

100 1 x 10
100 1 x 10
100 1 x 10

Hammer Curls:

30/30 1 x 10
30/30 1 x 8
30/30 1 x 10

Decline sit ups:

1 x 40
1 x 40
1 x 40

Pull Ups:

1 x 2
1 x 2

Ness
08-02-2012, 02:22 AM
Been away for a month. Getting back into the groove.

*Warm up sets not shown.

Incline Bench:

95 1 x 10
95 1 x 10
95 1 x 10

Flat Barbell Bench:

135 1 x 10
135 1 x 10
135 1 x 10

155 1 x 5
155 1 x 5

165 1 x 3

Low Incline Bench:

50/50 1 x 10
50/50 1 x 10
50/50 1 x 10

Bench Dips:

1 x 10
1 x 10
1 x 10

Deadlifts:

125 1 x 10
125 1 x 10
125 1 x 10

Shrugs:

55/55 1 x 10
55/55 1 x 10
55/55 1 x 10

Pull Ups:

1 x 2
1 x 2

Ness
08-15-2012, 03:34 PM
A couple of days ago:

* Warm up sets not displayed.

Incline Bench Press:

95 1 x 10
95 1 x 10
95 1 x 10

Flat Barbell Bench:

135 1 x 10
135 1 x 8
135 1 x 6

155 1 x 4
155 1 x 4
165 1 x 2

Low Incline Bench:

50/50 1 x 10
50/50 1 x 10
50/50 1 x 10

Bench Dips:

1 x 10
1 x 10
1 x 10

Deadlifts:

125 1 x 10
125 1 x 10
125 1 x 10

Shrugs:

55/55 1 x 10
55/55 1 x 10
55/55 1 x 10

Barbell Rows:

105 1 x 10
105 1 x 10
105 1 x 10

Decline Sit Ups:

1 x 40
1 x 40
1 x 40

Pull Ups:

1 x 3
1 x 2
1 x 2

Ness
08-15-2012, 09:05 PM
A couple of hours ago. Legs and lower body:

Leg Curls:

95 1 x 10
95 1 x 10
95 1 x 10

Squats:

135 1 x 10
135 1 x 10
155 1 x 10

Leg Press:

200 1 x 10
200 1 x 10
200 1 x 10

Standing Calf Raises:

35 1 x 15
35 1 x 15
35 1 x 15

Straight Leg Deadlifts:

135 1 x 10
135 1 x 10
135 1 x 10

Back Extensions:

1 x 10 w/25 lbs
1 x 10 w/25 lbs
1 x 10 w/25 lbs

Decline Sit Ups:

1 x 40
1 x 40
1 x 40

Hack Squats:

115 1 x 7
115 1 x 7
115 1 x 7

Pull Ups:

1 x 2
1 x 2
1 x 2

Ness
08-17-2012, 10:58 PM
Shoulders workout.

Seated Dumbbell Press:

35/35 1 x 10
35/35 1 x 10
35/35 1 x 10

Close Grip Bench:

135 1 x 7
135 1 x 7
135 1 x 7

Sanding Lateral Raises:

17.5/17.5 1 x 10
17.5/17.5 1 x 10

Tricep Pull Downs:

90 1 x 10
90 1 x 10
90 1 x 10

Barbell Curls:

60 1 x 10
60 1 x 5
60 1 x 7

Lat Pull Downs:

100 1 x 10
100 1 x 10
100 1 x 10

Hammer Curls:

30/30 1 x 10
30/30 1 x 8
30/30 1 x 8

Decline Situps:

1 x 40
1 x 40
1 x 40

I tried to do a few pull ups at the end of my workout like I usually do, but I couldn't manage. My arms were shot.

Ness
08-26-2012, 08:00 PM
I think this was last Tuesday...

* Warm up sets not displayed.

Incline Bench Press:

95 1 x 10
95 1 x 10
95 1 x 10

Flat Barbell Bench:

135 1 x 10
135 1 x 10
135 1 x 10

155 1 x 4
155 1 x 4
165 1 x 2

Low Incline Bench:

50/50 1 x 10
50/50 1 x 10
50/50 1 x 10

Bench Dips:

1 x 10
1 x 10
1 x 10

Deadlifts:

125 1 x 10
125 1 x 10
125 1 x 10

Shrugs:

55/55 1 x 10
55/55 1 x 10
55/55 1 x 10

Barbell Rows:

105 1 x 10
105 1 x 10
105 1 x 10

Decline Sit Ups:

1 x 40
1 x 40
1 x 40

Chin Ups:

1 x 3
1 x 3
1 x 3

Ness
08-26-2012, 08:10 PM
Legs. Two days ago. Had to cut it short because I had to bounce. Here is what I accomplished though.

*Warm Up sets not shown.

Leg Curls:

95 1 x 10
95 1 x 10
110 1 x 10

Squats:

135 1 x 10
135 1 x 10
155 1 x 10

Leg Press:

200 1 x 10
200 1 x 10