PDA

View Full Version : whey allergy?

kwwilson
02-13-2011, 11:26 AM
has anyone ever had a reaction to whey and it made their mucas real thick to the point of loosing their voice?

RichMcGuire
02-13-2011, 02:42 PM
has anyone ever had a reaction to whey and it made their mucas real thick to the point of loosing their voice?

What does a loose voice sound like?

tom183
02-13-2011, 03:53 PM
Can't say I've ever heard of anything like this. Are you 100% sure that whey is the problem?

kwwilson
02-13-2011, 06:24 PM
Can't say I've ever heard of anything like this. Are you 100% sure that whey is the problem?

the last time and this time when i did a 5 scoop shake i last my voice due to real bad congestion

Daniel Roberts
02-14-2011, 06:27 AM
At a guess I'd say the problem wasn't the whey itself but that you took a 100+g of a concentrated food stuff in very little liquid. If that liquid was milk it'd exacerbate the problem.

What I'm getting at is that you probably weren't too far removed from simply trying to swallow 5 scoops of powder - that'll mess with anybody's mucous membranes!

Use a lot of liquid (approx 500ml per scoop) with your protein powder if you suffer like this.

kwwilson
02-14-2011, 09:46 AM
At a guess I'd say the problem wasn't the whey itself but that you took a 100+g of a concentrated food stuff in very little liquid. If that liquid was milk it'd exacerbate the problem.

What I'm getting at is that you probably weren't too far removed from simply trying to swallow 5 scoops of powder - that'll mess with anybody's mucous membranes!

Use a lot of liquid (approx 500ml per scoop) with your protein powder if you suffer like this.

thank you for the advice, sounds like what i have done 5 scoops in 10 oz of milk and very little water after