PDA

View Full Version : Tuna

Codeguru
02-14-2011, 01:53 PM
Of all the crap I've done to it over the past year, I've never tried just eating it straight out of the can until yesterday. It's actually not disgusting. Which is good news for my protein intake, used to be such a time consuming hassle to prepare it...

Codeguru

mjd1982
02-14-2011, 03:07 PM
I just mix it with sweet pickles and some low fat mayo and I love it. I eat about 5 large cans a week like this.

Bullshark
02-14-2011, 04:22 PM
Tuna = da bomb

I used to eat a can/night.. I'm going to start it again soon actually..

A way to make it less gross after a while is to make it a competition.. See if you down the whole can in a minute or less.. I think my best 48 seconds.. If memory serves.

bradley
02-15-2011, 05:37 AM
The solid white albacore tuna is much better plain than the chunk ligh, although it is a little more expensive.

Blaine Masters
02-18-2011, 05:40 PM
One of the good things about tuna is that it's quite addictive and very tasty. It's not a chore to eat like some foods.

baja_stx
02-21-2011, 10:24 AM
Teaspoon of olive oil and mustard mixed into tuna... it's awesome.

I learned this recipe here a few years ago and I don't get nearly as tired of eating tuna prepared this way when compared to just mixing it with mayo.

J Mac0123
02-21-2011, 10:41 PM
Teaspoon of olive oil and mustard mixed into tuna... it's awesome.

I learned this recipe here a few years ago and I don't get nearly as tired of eating tuna prepared this way when compared to just mixing it with mayo.

Werd.

I read there was fairly high mercury levels in tuna and that you should limit your canned tuna intake. Any truth to this ?

Codeguru
02-21-2011, 10:56 PM
Werd.

I read there was fairly high mercury levels in tuna and that you should limit your canned tuna intake. Any truth to this ?

You get the same Joel Marion spam e-mails that I do? Heh...

Codeguru

bradley
02-22-2011, 04:20 AM
The mercury levels in canned tuna should not be a concern, but I would only eat shark, swordfish, or mackeral on a limited basis. The larger predator fish have contain larger amounts of mercury.

JoelJ
02-25-2011, 11:33 AM
Tuna meals are some of the easiest to prepare.

Tuna + spinach or lettuce + olive oil + lemon juice + salt & pepper + hot sauce: Takes a few minutes to prepare.
You can throw in some mayo in that if you want.

Or the previous recommendation for olive oil + mustard.

Or throw a can or half a can with some eggs.

phlkyu01
03-03-2011, 08:07 PM
Tuna is a low cholesterol food but it can also help the body get rid of fats that come from other foods as well. Tuna can also lower the risk of having a stroke. Tuna is also a low fat food but the calories increase with tuna because people add mayonnaise. Tuna has a low amount of saturated fat and it has vitamins, minerals, which bring us to, the fact of the matter is that fish is a great protein and cholesterol food.

TMag
03-07-2011, 10:42 PM
Tuna is a great source of cheap protein that taste great by itself. Although the olive oil, mustard mix sounds pretty good.

Captain Awesome
03-08-2011, 06:27 AM
I eat about a can a day, or at least during the week I do. I make mine with a little bit of mayo and I put dill weed in it. I couldn't give a crap about it any other way.

Codeguru
03-08-2011, 11:40 AM
I dunno why I didn't consider it but maybe next time I'll try pouring some mustard all over it. I've mixed it with A-1 sauce and Frank's Original Hot Sauce and even worcestershire sauce. I'm sure putting miracle whip or mayo on it would be nice but that just rams the calorie count right through the roof...

Codeguru