PDA

View Full Version : new member!-back to gym!-looking to detoxify my body inside and out-please help!

monte87LS
02-14-2011, 06:44 PM
Hi everybody this is my first post, looks like a great site im sure I'l be spending alot of time on here reading up on everything possible. Figured Id start off with a great question Ive been trying to research about detoxifying my body but its hard to find real info everything that pops up is just "buy my product its the best" so it hard to get real "ive been threw this, this stuff really works" info I know I can find out the truth here. Here's my situation Im almost 24 years old, if been to the gym off and on for the past 7 years give or take, even before that my family always had workout equipment down stairs so ive always been in shape, always hitting the punching bag, crunches, pushups, jogging, etc since I could walk. Ive had a 6 pack for as long as i can remember maybe i was born with it lol. Like I said ive always been in shape but im trying to put on some wieght and more muscle mass I am almost 24 years old "Male" im 6ft even and only 150 pounds. I quit drinking soda and eating junk food on my own in 5th grade so ive been a really healthy eater compared to the average Joe but I know with todays foods and drinks there are still chemicals in everything so my body could always use a good detoxification. Current steps im taking to detoxify, I joined a gym with a steam room which I plan on using as much as recomended, Ive stepped up my healthy eating up a notch including more fruits and vegetables "I eat about 5-6 meals a day to keep myself full I have a very fast metabolism" tomorrow I will start using my juicer including even more fuits and vegetables into my diet, my brain never shuts off so ive always been stressed and I know its taking its toll on my body I can feel my insides are always tense and its gotta be holding me back from gaining wieght and muscle mass so thats the most important thing I need to take care of on my list "healthy mind healthy body"...Im going on a camping trip with a few good friends in 2 weeks for 5 days in the mountains so that will be another big step to get where i wanna be. My goal is to detoxify myself inside and out, from my digestive system to my skin everything I can do to make myself that much healthier. I would also like to put on 10-15 solid pounds within 3 months so when I weigh myself on June 1st 2011 my goal is to be between 160-165 pounds...Now that im a member here this site will be a great tool to help me get where I want to be. I hope this info helps, figured id give you a nice run down so you know where I stand maybe it could help you recomend a detoxification more suitable for me. Thanks in advance I really appreciate any help I can get and I look forward to learning as much as possible.

Mercuryblade
02-14-2011, 08:47 PM
Detox products = complete BS, your body has its own wonderful natural detoxifying device known as a liver that works 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Toxins are not universally defined molecules that will simply be removed because you start taking some pill, or drinking a liquid, and I've yet to encounter any credibly scientific organization or literature that supports their efficacy.

CarlP
02-15-2011, 03:59 AM
Holy run-on sentences batman. Like the poster above said, you liver and kidneys help your body get rid of toxins. Drink lots of water too.