PDA

View Full Version : Making very little progress with SS

Blaine Masters
02-15-2011, 06:01 PM

StLRPh
02-15-2011, 06:04 PM
Not everyone will gain 10lbs there first month. If you are getting stronger then you are making gains.

Also, and this is very important, two weeks isn't long enough to evaluate a program.

Blaine Masters
02-15-2011, 06:08 PM

Dan Fanelli
02-15-2011, 06:16 PM
But surely i would have put on some weight? I think i may have put on a pound, because i orginally weighed 10 stone, but its gone up, but i think thats because my scales have messed up.

Weight is goiing to be determined by how much you eat. If you aren't gaining weight, then you aren't eating enough.

Off Road
02-15-2011, 06:27 PM
Weight is goiing to be determined by how much you eat. If you aren't gaining weight, then you aren't eating enough.

This, exactly this.

RichMcGuire
02-15-2011, 06:29 PM
I've been doing it for 2 weeks, and am currently on my 3rd week. I've gained bearly anything it seems. I'm lifting hard, doing the lifts properly and increasing the weight everytime i go in. I'm drinking quite a bit of milk, not quite a gallon, but still a fair bit. I'm eating as much as i can aswell. Why am i not seeing gains? I've probably toned myself very slightly, but according to Rip, you're meant to gain 10 pounds in the first month, and i'm not even close to that. This is frustrating...

What do you mean you've toned slightly? That doesnt make sense.

According to Rip, some people gain 10 lbs in the first 2 weeks.

Like Dan said, you just need to eat more. Drink the milk, and then eat Calorie dense foods. Try bic macs, they are amazing. You might just be eating lower Calorie foods on top of the milk.

At the very least, you should be heavier from waste products built up (i.e crap)

*Note - I'm only commenting on what Rip has said and not what I feel per-se. I think 10 lbs in a month is stupid.**

f=ma
02-15-2011, 07:19 PM
10lbs in a month isnt stupid for someone completely new to lifting...

regardless, dont gain too fast imo. .5-.75lbs per week should be your ceiling. your intake should be consistent each day if you are serious

RichMcGuire
02-15-2011, 08:51 PM
10lbs in a month isnt stupid for someone completely new to lifting...

regardless, dont gain too fast imo. .5-.75lbs per week should be your ceiling. your intake should be consistent each day if you are serious

I still think its high, even for a novice. The only thing you could argue is increased waste products(crap) and maybe for sugar/fluids being stored. Even as a novice, I think 2 lbs per week is plenty, and thats only 8 lbs in a month. 20% less than 10.

I completely agree with what I bolded though.

OP- just keep in mind, according to Rip, if you havent gained at least 10 lbs in the first 2 weeks, YNDTP (youre not doing the program) so take that for what its worth I guess.

KoSh
02-16-2011, 06:12 AM
Well, I'm not overly crazy about SS. But, you've been training for three weeks. Did you think it was going to be a magic potion where you walk in, train for three weeks and all of a sudden have some big time improved physique? Newbie gains occur, and you should see some kind of result, but if it were easy, everyone would be ripped.

It's hard work and dedication to be big and strong... Or lean.

Aim to get stronger and aim to add weight. Do it at whatever pace you're comfortable at. If you don't mind gaining a bit of body fat, eat like a fatty. if you're concerned with physique do as f=ma and Rich are saying, they know their stuff. But regardless, don't get hung up on the details. You're new. Go in and work. If you're frustrated two weeks in, you're not going to last long in the iron game.

Go in, get better every day, eat, sleep, recover. It's really that simple. The rest is stuff you'll pick up along the way.

Behemoth
02-16-2011, 07:23 AM
The problem is you're not actually eating a lot and you only think you are. Tale as old as time. Track everything and the exact amounts of what you eat on fitday.com and post in here or accept that you haven't been eating enough to gain weight and eat more.

4g64fiero
02-16-2011, 03:54 PM
If you are already fat, you probably wont see any "tone".

I would know.