PDA

View Full Version : Results vs. Green Mag

JohnnyRingo
02-16-2011, 04:00 PM
Im not trying to make a dumb thread just checking before i order. Alot of other forums aren't really as familiar with ATlarge's products. Im interested in factual comparison between the 2 creatines, not the biased type comments.
Currently diets is in order, workout 6 times a week, at 5'11", 162lbs. and current supplements are ON whey, ON casein, scivation Xtend, and Controlled labs white flood. I take white flood mon, wed, and fri, and xtend tue, thur, and sat. i finished my first run with creatine (ON Creapure) a few weeks ago and didnt notice much of anything. thats why i was looking at a different form other than monohydrate. looking to stay very healthy not put on much weight but get alot stronger.

any help is appreciated and if any other info is needed just ask. I hate to make a thread like this but its harder to find head to head comparisons with results.

Off Road
02-16-2011, 05:41 PM
There is more to Results than just Creatine.

Munky
02-16-2011, 05:57 PM
Results is good stuff man. I turned all my friends onto it and they love it.

JohnnyRingo
02-16-2011, 05:58 PM
i understand that, and i have researched. i was looking more for Daniel or Chris to give a kind of breakdown of what makes monohydrate superior to this form aside from more extensive research over the years.

JohnnyRingo
02-16-2011, 05:59 PM
im not saying results is bad stuff i have wanted to try it for a while, but i have seen where some people just do not respond well to monohydrate but they do see results from other forms.

chris mason
02-16-2011, 07:38 PM
That is something that ****ing drives me nuts... Why do people think RESULTS is a creatine supplement? It contains creatine, yes, but it is way more effective than any creatine only product.

The Creapure creatine monohydrate in RESULTS is all you need. Most monohydrates are relatively impure, and therein lies their problem with bloating etc. All of the other hype you see about different forms of creatine is just that. You will not see better results with any of the other forms.

If you want a product that will actually make a difference in your training then I suggest you give RESULTS a try.

JohnnyRingo
02-16-2011, 07:43 PM
alright forget my post count and calm down for a second chief. im not saying its just a creatine supplement. i never said that. i understand what else is in it and what it does. im asking why does monohydrate not work for some people anywhere near as well as others yet other forms of creatine does? if you admin guys perceive any kind of negativity or anything of the sort toward atlarge your so quick to get riled up. its not just a creatine supplement I KNOW.

Behemoth
02-16-2011, 08:03 PM
I take white flood mon, wed, and fri, and xtend tue, thur, and sat.

Since white flood is a preworkout I can conclude that you train on mon, wed friday. So why are you sporatically supplementing with bcaa's only on your off days?

And results is good stuff, I never had any perceivable gains from creatine alone. Often supplements are synergistic with other supplements (think caffeine + ephedrine and how 1 + 1 = 4). I've been using results since september and just bought 4 more jugs. That should tell you something right there...

JohnnyRingo
02-16-2011, 08:07 PM
Since white flood is a preworkout I can conclude that you train on mon, wed friday. So why are you sporatically supplementing with bcaa's only on your off days?

mon, wed, fri get up and go straight to the gym and need the little umph to get intense. the other days i train as well with more cardio. the only day i take off is sunday. Since WF is one of the few preworkouts that doesnt have creatine in it i wanted to try results but i can get a really good deal on Green Magnitude.

JohnnyRingo
02-16-2011, 08:14 PM
this is directed toward you edit.

i know results is good im not knocking it. i know serveral people that are trainers, nutritionists ect. and i have had them look at it and tell me it was good. working out in highschool some friends i had just didnt respond well to monohydrate but they did to other forms and i was wondering why and if i did the same thing. i have wanted to try results for a while. this alot like on some truck forums i am on you experienced guys get asked crappy questions so often and people just come on here to be spoon fed and knock products. well im seriously asking and looking into this, and i wanted to here what experts that have to be accountable for what they say, comment on this.

Behemoth
02-16-2011, 08:21 PM
mon, wed, fri get up and go straight to the gym and need the little umph to get intense. the other days i train as well with more cardio. the only day i take off is sunday. Since WF is one of the few preworkouts that doesnt have creatine in it i wanted to try results but i can get a really good deal on Green Magnitude.

One of my biggest pet peeves is when people don't understand that fancy herbal blends, chemical sounding ingredients or the most annoying -- fancy company trade names of an ingredient blend that they name to sound similar to the name a steroid of prohormone is just marketing hype. 90% of the supplements on the market have 90% BS that is only in there to extend the ingredient list to make unknowing consumers thinking they're getting something extra. What you're buying with GM is just creatine and marketing hype. Stupid filler additions and even the audacity to split the creatine up in two equal doses of two separate types. So many red BS flags go up when you see this type of marketing. But these companies continue to do well, not because green magnitude is superior to its straight creatine counterpart at 1/2 the price... but just because they are good at marketing them. That's really what 95% of the supplement industry is about. The safest bet is usually the straightforward supplements that don't hide behind any filler. They tell you everything that's in it and the amount. And they don't add a few grams of junk here of a few more milligrams of BS there just so they can spruce of the label and sell it the guy at the gym you who bitches to his friends his trendy supplement "aint doin jack".

/end rant

Behemoth
02-16-2011, 08:30 PM
this is directed toward you edit.

i know results is good im not knocking it. i know serveral people that are trainers, nutritionists ect. and i have had them look at it and tell me it was good. working out in highschool some friends i had just didnt respond well to monohydrate but they did to other forms and i was wondering why and if i did the same thing. i have wanted to try results for a while. this alot like on some truck forums i am on you experienced guys get asked crappy questions so often and people just come on here to be spoon fed and knock products. well im seriously asking and looking into this, and i wanted to here what experts that have to be accountable for what they say, comment on this.

Your friend who "didn't respond well to monohydrate" didn't respond well to anything. He didn't have his ducks in a row, he didn't know about training, he didn't know a quality diet and nothing short of steroids can makeup for that. Go ahead, tell me he was completely jacked dood and had 14.5" guns and could bench like 250lbs twice!!!

I've been around the block long enough to see all of this many times.

I'll let Chris chime in on why monohydrate is all you need (as far as creatine is concerned).

JohnnyRingo
02-16-2011, 08:31 PM
i can see exactly where your coming from and hear what your saying..............so i should get cell tech right?

no but srsly. i dont care at all about trendy or anything of the sort, i want it to work, and i have tried monohydrate with little to no results. People i have known with this problem have tried Green Magnitude and it worked for them while others tried everything under the sun and none of them did anything. i dont want marketing or anything like that. and i recognize results isnt filler and its a good product.

i will try to end this thread as soon as possible since everyone is acting this way. why does one form of creatine work while mono doesnt for some people? and how to work around this?

JohnnyRingo
02-16-2011, 08:37 PM
Your friend who "didn't respond well to monohydrate" didn't respond well to anything. He didn't have his ducks in a row, he didn't know about training, he didn't know a quality diet and nothing short of steroids can makeup for that. Go ahead, tell me he was completely jacked dood and had 14.5" guns and could bench like 250lbs twice!!!

I've been around the block long enough to see all of this many times.

I'll let Chris chime in on why monohydrate is all you need (as far as creatine is concerned).

yet again slugger im knew here not to forums. im not trying to pull this he said she said my father can beat up your father E- tuff crap. its a legit reason. and this wasnt A friends, this was a total of 10 guys. 8 of which knew exactly what they were doing and had a fantastic diet. and i know mono is the superior form, the most studied proven ect. for MOST people. i have seen where chris has said that creatine may not work on some people like is true with all ergogenic (sp) supps. but what about the cases where it doesnt work and other forms do?

Behemoth
02-16-2011, 08:40 PM
i will try to end this thread as soon as possible since everyone is acting this way. why does one form of creatine work while mono doesnt for some people? and how to work around this?

The answer is it doesn't. The people are just placebo fed idiots who are fueling off the hype of their fad supplement and talking out of their ass. They don't have the objective understanding of their own body to actually know when they're benefiting form a supplement.

Mono's the most studied and the most proven. All the fancy creatines are nothing short of chevrolet changing the front of a corvette with the same motor in it. It doesn't make it any faster it just makes it more appealing.

Behemoth
02-16-2011, 08:47 PM
yet again slugger im knew here not to forums. im not trying to pull this he said she said my father can beat up your father E- tuff crap. its a legit reason. and this wasnt A friends, this was a total of 10 guys. 8 of which knew exactly what they were doing and had a fantastic diet. and i know mono is the superior form, the most studied proven ect. for MOST people. i have seen where chris has said that creatine may not work on some people like is true with all ergogenic (sp) supps. but what about the cases where it doesnt work and other forms do?

I don't know, I'll leave that for Chris to answer.

All I know is 9/10 a lifter will blame a quality supplement not working on the supplement itself. When in reality, 9/10 the reason a supplement isn't working is because the lifter is less successful at other more important aspects to his training completely negating any difference the supp would have made. Perhaps all of your friends are in this small margin of lifters with all their ducks in a row to be able to judge said improvements, if so then you have my apologies.

JohnnyRingo
02-16-2011, 08:50 PM
actually chevy did that its called the Cadillac xlr and it was actually made much poorer and was uglier than a vette but ill forgive you for that analogy. all of them experienced much bigger strength gains with the other forms of creatine, but ok this is just my word so it means nothing to you and this conversation is pointless. you say the answer is it doesnt and im sure the others will agree. thanks for your time.

JohnnyRingo
02-16-2011, 08:56 PM
I don't know, I'll leave that for Chris to answer.

All I know is 9/10 a lifter will blame a quality supplement not working on the supplement itself. When in reality, 9/10 the reason a supplement isn't working is because the lifter is less successful at other more important aspects to his training completely negating any difference the supp would have made. Perhaps all of your friends are in this small margin of lifters with all their ducks in a row to be able to judge said improvements, if so then you have my apologies.

im not being a dick or not trying to be im just really trying to learn. these guys were all state championship football players and powerlifters. they were so consumed with the sports they tried to get everything perfect diet, training, ect. because they had to win. they didnt care at all about names they just needed what worked, i mean college scholarships ect depended on it. and monohydrate much like for me did nothing, and yet they responded so well to others. while i was on mono i gained no weight, strength, ect. and i was serious about all aspects of not over training not eating to little ect. and i dont care who, what, when, where or what it is i want RESULTS. pun intended.

Behemoth
02-16-2011, 09:05 PM
actually chevy did that its called the Cadillac xlr and it was actually made much poorer and was uglier than a vette but ill forgive you for that analogy. all of them experienced much bigger strength gains with the other forms of creatine, but ok this is just my word so it means nothing to you and this conversation is pointless. you say the answer is it doesnt and im sure the others will agree. thanks for your time.

Actually I happen to be a very big fan of XLR's.

I don't know what to tell you. I'm straight shooting it. Supplements aren't miracle pills, most people think their preworkouts are building them muscle when all it is is arginine and caffeine. I already told you I apologize if all your buddies really are in that select few intelligent, informed, and experienced group.

I'm not saying there aren't people who are non responders to creatine. I'm just trying to tell you to slow down, take a step back, and realize despite what people think they know most of the time they really don't. I can't drill this point home enough but it's really, really hard to see from the outside looking in. And again, I apologize if I've miscategorized your friends. But hearing "8 out of 10 guys knew exactly what they were doing, had a fantastic diet and were able to analyze creatine" raises my eyebrows. You have to understand that we hear claims like this day in and day out. It just comes down to people thinking they know when they don't. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and I look forward to Chris giving you some heads up on why creatine mono may or may not be of benefit to some, and why potentially other sources may or may not.

JohnnyRingo
02-16-2011, 09:38 PM
Actually I happen to be a very big fan of XLR's.

I don't know what to tell you. I'm straight shooting it. Supplements aren't miracle pills, most people think their preworkouts are building them muscle when all it is is arginine and caffeine. I already told you I apologize if all your buddies really are in that select few intelligent, informed, and experienced group.

I'm not saying there aren't people who are non responders to creatine. I'm just trying to tell you to slow down, take a step back, and realize despite what people think they know most of the time they really don't. I can't drill this point home enough but it's really, really hard to see from the outside looking in. And again, I apologize if I've miscategorized your friends. But hearing "8 out of 10 guys knew exactly what they were doing, had a fantastic diet and were able to analyze creatine" raises my eyebrows. You have to understand that we hear claims like this day in and day out. It just comes down to people thinking they know when they don't. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and I look forward to Chris giving you some heads up on why creatine mono may or may not be of benefit to some, and why potentially other sources may or may not.

I appreciate the benefit of the doubt. Like i said Im a big car and truck forum guy and i see the same thing day in and day out with outrageous claims ect., and believe me i know how all this sounds........
im just looking for my best working product, and i would have asked this on another forum because i feel everyone is so blinded with love for atlarge here that things get misinterpreted to often but i wanted someone who actually knew atlarge products.

oh and i didnt think anyone was a fan of xlr's. lol jk

Tom Mutaffis
02-17-2011, 05:12 AM
Johnny -

I am a little late to the discussion here, but can hopefully provide some of the information that you are looking for. There are a couple of reasons why Creatine Monohydrate may not work well for an individual:

1. Genetics - Genetics mean more than just how quickly your bench press goes up, they can also determine how well your body utilizes various nutrients (in this case Creatine).

2. Improper Use - Creatine is not a magical supplement that will make you big and strong in a matter of days, it is simply a beneficial nutrient that can help to increase strength endurance and subsequently strength/size over time. Taking creatine sporadically is not going to provide any noticeable benefit.

3. Incorrect Expectations - I touched on this in #2, but some people over-estimate the effects of creatine (in many cases due to marketing 'hype'). There are plenty of studies to prove that creatine is beneficial, but it is not going to replace hard work or discipline.

4. Low Quality Creatine - There are creatine products on the market that are not pure, and a lot of 'designer' creatine products that are essentially useless. I would stick with a Creapure Creatine Monohydrate - this way you know that you are working with a quality creatine.

Off Road
02-17-2011, 07:10 AM
I have a different perspective...

You are young (I assume) and you have a long time left in this hobby / sport. So what's the rush? You have plenty of time to try all the supplements you want and see if they have any benefit to you.

Seems to me that you are placing too much importance on Creatine, when you should be far more concerned with diet, rest, and training.

JohnnyRingo
02-17-2011, 09:45 AM
Johnny -

I am a little late to the discussion here, but can hopefully provide some of the information that you are looking for. There are a couple of reasons why Creatine Monohydrate may not work well for an individual:

1. Genetics - Genetics mean more than just how quickly your bench press goes up, they can also determine how well your body utilizes various nutrients (in this case Creatine).

2. Improper Use - Creatine is not a magical supplement that will make you big and strong in a matter of days, it is simply a beneficial nutrient that can help to increase strength endurance and subsequently strength/size over time. Taking creatine sporadically is not going to provide any noticeable benefit.

3. Incorrect Expectations - I touched on this in #2, but some people over-estimate the effects of creatine (in many cases due to marketing 'hype'). There are plenty of studies to prove that creatine is beneficial, but it is not going to replace hard work or discipline.

4. Low Quality Creatine - There are creatine products on the market that are not pure, and a lot of 'designer' creatine products that are essentially useless. I would stick with a Creapure Creatine Monohydrate - this way you know that you are working with a quality creatine.

i guess genetics would be the key here for creatine does not work for 2 of my brothers and 4 of the 8 guys where related. I thought the none responding individuals were more of a unique makeup for that person. The other reasoning you mentioned i have looked into, and there were plenty of guys on the team that though creatine was instant steroids and they could take it whenever and eat whatever im not mentioning them. thanks for the response this is what ive been looking for the whole time just about. what would cause proper use ect to not show results while another form does? with no changes in diet, and basically the same workout? i guess that can be chalked up to the bodies individual makeup through genetics as well. im not saying another form is superior by any means. Thank you for your response.

also i watch your frame deadlift video almost everyday.

I have a different perspective...

You are young (I assume) and you have a long time left in this hobby / sport. So what's the rush? You have plenty of time to try all the supplements you want and see if they have any benefit to you.

Seems to me that you are placing too much importance on Creatine, when you should be far more concerned with diet, rest, and training.
but all the big kids told me creatine makes you super strong and cool

SteveW
02-17-2011, 12:34 PM
I used to feel the same way you did about everyone on here pushing AtLarge products and telling me the things they are saying to you, turns out they were right. I don't work for AtLarge or having anything to do with the company besides the fact that I use their products. RESULTS works, thats all there is to it really.

Off Road
02-17-2011, 01:13 PM
but all the big kids told me creatine makes you super strong and cool
Haha...it does, it does.

JohnnyRingo
02-17-2011, 04:23 PM
I used to feel the same way you did about everyone on here pushing AtLarge products and telling me the things they are saying to you, turns out they were right. I don't work for AtLarge or having anything to do with the company besides the fact that I use their products. RESULTS works, thats all there is to it really.

yet again im not knocking the products im talking about the people. i believe they do work well for most but some people are the exception.

Haha...it does, it does.

good! i cant wait to bench 135 like all the Varsity guys!

also is the name offroad for a reason? you have a toy?

Off Road
02-17-2011, 05:06 PM
also is the name offroad for a reason? you have a toy?
Not a Toy (Haha), it's a Jeep...
http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/member.php?65532-Off-Road

JohnnyRingo
02-17-2011, 05:26 PM
ah i couldnt find a thread on your jeeps stats in the chat section. but it looks good, guessing halfton danas, 35s, and 5"s.

Off Road
02-17-2011, 06:10 PM
ah i couldnt find a thread on your jeeps stats in the chat section. but it looks good, guessing halfton danas, 35s, and 5"s.
Dana 44 (3/4 ton) front axle with CTM u-joints and chromo shafts
Dana 60 (1 ton) rear axle with chromo shafts
Now running 38" tires (37s in the pic)

JohnnyRingo
02-17-2011, 07:19 PM
not bad, i would pick superior over chromo but i run full size chevys with a jeep you should be set. looks like a capable whip. are you a memebr on pirate?

Off Road
02-17-2011, 09:16 PM
not bad, i would pick superior over chromo but i run full size chevys with a jeep you should be set. looks like a capable whip. are you a memebr on pirate?

They are Superior Chromos in the front and Dutchman chromos in the rear.
I haven't been on Pirate in years. Too much silly stuff on there.

But anybody running full width Chevy axles should be using Results :)

JohnnyRingo
02-17-2011, 09:35 PM
lol only the rear is chevy, but yes im looking into it very closely. i thought about getting a tub going through a full tub and writing a unbiased review for this forum or even compare the two.