PDA

View Full Version : Novus bars with carbs instead of sugar alcohols

Mercuryblade
02-17-2011, 12:20 PM
Any plans for this?
I usually like to grab bars before a workout, but the sugar alcohols do a number on my stomach and I don't exactly like to be swimming in rancid farts while I deadlift.

ThomasG
02-17-2011, 01:15 PM
IMO the 3g net impact carbs are what make Novus bars unique and imo the best protein bar on the market for cutting. If you like carbs before you workout results is good or if you prefer bar form cliff bars are decent.

Mercuryblade
02-18-2011, 09:41 AM
IMO the 3g net impact carbs are what make Novus bars unique and imo the best protein bar on the market for cutting. If you like carbs before you workout results is good or if you prefer bar form cliff bars are decent.

Well yeah I don't suggest changing the bar itself, but I meant another alternative. Cliff bars are tasty but they don't pack the protein that a novus bar does.
If I could get 36g of protein and some carbs for energy out of a protein bar I would be a happy man.

Titalis
02-18-2011, 10:35 AM
i second this. i love novus bars as well but alch sugars rip me up to.

chris mason
02-18-2011, 02:40 PM
The sugar alcohols in Novus bars will not upset your stomach if consumed in reasonable moderation. Try one. I'll refund your money if it does.

Behemoth
02-18-2011, 04:01 PM
You may also build a tolerance to them. I did and can eat 5 or 6 of them whereas one used to churn my stomach pretty good.

Tom Mutaffis
02-22-2011, 11:48 PM
You could always mix some Nitrean with oatmeal and bake it on a flat tray then cut it into squares and make your own complex carb / protein bars...