PDA

View Full Version : DiET??????

wingmark
02-19-2011, 01:30 PM
Hi All;

What are some foods that would work well with a really low carb diet? Because I've started the diet today and the only really low carb things I can find are bacon, eggs, progresso, and crystal light. Thanks for the help!!!

Regards
Wingmark

Dan Fanelli
02-19-2011, 01:50 PM
Anything without carbs. Seriously do some research.

Off Road
02-19-2011, 01:58 PM
Meat, cheese, eggs, fruits, veggies, and nuts are a good start.

paleopower
02-19-2011, 02:19 PM
Meat, cheese, eggs, fruits, veggies, and nuts are a good start.

Fruits are practically all carbs..........

But seriously man, the most basic research will educate you on what foods contain carbs....You obviously have the internet, so use it

Off Road
02-19-2011, 03:45 PM
Fruits are practically all carbs..........

Ya, so are veggies...
I thought he wanted low carb, as in a paleo diet or meat, leaves, and berries.

tom183
02-19-2011, 04:54 PM
Why do you think you need a low carb diet?

thatNUCKOLSkid
02-19-2011, 08:10 PM
if it had a face, or would have had a face, it probably has no carbs (beef, chicken, steak, fish, eggs, etc.)

if it's green and fibrous, it probalby has very very few carbs (spinach, brocolli, etc.)

if it's dairy, read the label (milk has a fair amount of carbs, most chesses don't, etc.)

if it's a nut, it probably has trace amounts of carbs

make sure that you ABSOLUTELY DO NOT stick to lean protein sources on a very low carb diet. you NEED fat for energy, and to convert your body to burning fat instead of stored muscle and liver glycogen. think steak, beef, dark meat chicken, eggs, avacados (13g of carbs, but 10g of that is fiber), and cold water fish. be sure to eat a fair amount of carbs in your diet once every 2 weeks at the VERY LEAST (for most people, once or twice a week is preferable) or you'll become very catabolic