PDA

View Full Version : Bodyfat guesses/Bulk or Cut for next ten weeks?

whatdahell?
02-21-2011, 10:18 AM
Feedback would be greatly appreciated. I'm 23 y/o. 5 foot 6, 152 lbs.

cphafner
02-21-2011, 11:20 AM
the decision to bulk or cut is up to your goals.

whatdahell?
02-21-2011, 11:22 AM
the decision to bulk or cut is up to your goals.

I want to get bigger but lean out at the same time. Was thinking Body Recomp. But was primarily much more interested to see what people thought my bodyfat looked like.

mchicia1
02-21-2011, 11:37 AM
16-17% bodyfat.

Meat_Head
02-21-2011, 12:24 PM
Why would you cut? You don't have enough muscle mass for it. You'd end up cut, but you'd be a beanpole.

Not trying to say you don't have any quality mass, because it looks like you do. But if you cut now you'll end up at 140lbs or less :omg:

whatdahell?
02-21-2011, 12:32 PM
Why would you cut? You don't have enough muscle mass for it. You'd end up cut, but you'd be a beanpole.

Not trying to say you don't have any quality mass, because it looks like you do. But if you cut now you'll end up at 140lbs or less :omg:

I think my head gets in the way at times. Some days I'm thinking "I want to get bigger", other days I'm like "I wouldn't mind being ripped again". I took a year off (focused on a lot of things, decided to put lifting weights on ice, always planned on coming back to it, did cardio often, swim/basketball). Now I'm just wondering what general perception of what I look like seems to be.

Meat_Head
02-21-2011, 03:05 PM
Dude you can still see your abs pretty clearly, I think a steady bulk is the way to go.

GazzyG
02-21-2011, 03:09 PM
You look lean. If I were in your shoes, I'd bulk.

I'm still bulking for the next four weeks, even though I lost sight of my abs a long time back.

Behemoth
02-21-2011, 03:54 PM
18%. I would cut if it were me in your shoes no question about it.

mcdonough9395
02-21-2011, 04:50 PM
Your still pretty lean right now.

I would bulk and give yourself some more mass to cut down to when the time comes.

DavyRen
02-22-2011, 06:42 AM
18%. I would cut if it were me in your shoes no question about it.

I'm wearing similar shoes and i'm cutting although I do weigh 195lbs, it's each to there own in terms of bulk or cut but my opinion for what it's worth is CUT

Off Road
02-22-2011, 07:05 AM
Now that you have half the guys telling you to cut, and the other half telling you to bulk; what do you do now? It all comes down to what YOU want to do, not what others think you should do.

mchicia1
02-22-2011, 07:32 AM
You could try DC training approach...

-Morning fasted cardio (after a BCAA shake)
-Eat all your carb meals during the day
-Cut off carbs after 6pm
-Supplement with a lot of green tea

The guys over at IM get their gallon of water in by drinking green tea. What they do is make it the night before in a gallon jug and sip on it all day. Go look at some of the pics of those guys over there. Intensemuscle.com.

This way you can gain weight/muscle while remaining the same bodyfat level. I have never tried it simply because I am not dedicated enough (yet).

SplitQuick
02-22-2011, 11:41 AM
Any time I see or hear something like this. I can't help it but I immediately hear the quote in my head:

Any man under 200 lbs... is a woman.

Meat_Head
02-22-2011, 11:50 AM
Any time I see or hear something like this. I can't help it but I immediately hear the quote in my head:

Any man under 200 lbs... is a woman.

lol!

Behemoth
02-22-2011, 12:28 PM
Cutting to a presentable bodyfat is a much harder discipline to learn. A lot of guys never do it because they never learned how early on, only how to stuff their face. All they know how to do is bulk and look bad. if you're on the fence about it then cut, you won't regret it down the road when the stakes are raised.

Meat_Head
02-23-2011, 08:11 AM
I generally agree Behemoth, but in this case I don't really see the point in a cut. He would look better without any excess fat, no doubt, but the price he would pay to get there would be a decent amount of muscle mass which I don't think he can afford. He'd end up 140lbs or less and I just don't see the point of that in the long run. It would be taking one step forward and two backwards. Just my opinion.

Behemoth
02-23-2011, 08:49 AM
He'll look far worse for far longer if he bulks. If he cuts for 10 weeks he should be 8%ish and in great shape to add some clean mass and look like someone who takes care of himself.

To each his own but imo his bodyfat is quite high and a lack of muscle mass is a cop out to not have to diet. He'll look more muscular and healthy by cutting not bulking at this point no doubt. But again, its to each his own and its all about what each is comfortable with.

whatdahell?
02-23-2011, 10:31 AM
Regardless, I appreciate the replies. Eating at maintenance for 10 weeks wouldn't change the fat to muscle ratio whatsoever?

Behemoth
02-23-2011, 10:42 AM
If you're consistent it will mildly. The change would be minor and couple of days going overboard could completely negate 10 weeks efforts.

Whatever you choose just make sure you're comfortable in your own skin, that's the most important part.

whatdahell?
02-23-2011, 10:48 AM
Leaning towards a cut.

Hugol
02-23-2011, 11:50 AM
He'll look far worse for far longer if he bulks. If he cuts for 10 weeks he should be 8%ish and in great shape to add some clean mass and look like someone who takes care of himself.

To each his own but imo his bodyfat is quite high and a lack of muscle mass is a cop out to not have to diet. He'll look more muscular and healthy by cutting not bulking at this point no doubt. But again, its to each his own and its all about what each is comfortable with.

If I were you I'll do this :thumbup:

RichMcGuire
02-27-2011, 06:36 PM
I really doubt your bf% is that high. It just isnt.

However, I usually advocate starting a bulk really lean. You can gain weight for longer, you wont have a fear of gaining fat in some cases (because you know you can take it off - you did it before) and youll be more likely to add muscle over fat when you do bulk.

Other people will tell you, gain all the weight you can first - worry about the fat later. losing fat to the sub 10% range is easy.

In the end, both ways work fine. It comes down to you.

f=ma
02-27-2011, 07:12 PM
im amazed at your stats relative to your size

cut imo