PDA

View Full Version : Spiking your insulin post W/O while cutting?

Behemoth
05-19-2002, 05:31 PM
Just wondering if taking carbs to spike my insulin level post workout is going to hinder my fatloss?

gino
05-20-2002, 08:51 AM
Post workout simple sugars haven't slowed my cutting progress during the last couple months. I allow myself simple carbs once daily - post workout. My post workout shake includes 4 scoops of Twinlab Ultra Fuel. This stuff contains 100g of carbs - 50 simple(malto/dex) and 50 complex. It is a lot of carbs, but the rest of my meals only contain 0-25g of carbs each, so my daily total is still relatively low. I believe my body utilizes the high amount of post workout carbs effectively, and I'm still losing bodyfat and getting stronger, so WTF... In my opinion, simple carbs are an essential part of post workout nutrition, ESPECIALLY while cutting, because you are more likely to be deficient in nutrients and glycogen stores while cutting.

I'm actually LESS worried about loading up on simple carbs post-workout while bulking because I have a full stomach 24/7 and I'm getting way more of everything than I need - don't get me wrong, I still get some simple carbs post workout, but I'll take in less

Big Daddy
05-31-2002, 06:42 AM
yeah I'm with you gino!

I think you would have already very low glycogen stores in your muscles during a cutting cycle. So when after a workout they are probably completed depleted so I'd think it would be hard to put too many carbs back in IMO, unless you're having like half a kilo of glucose in your post-workout shake

YatesNightBlade
05-31-2002, 07:05 AM
Listen to Gino.

Fudomyo
05-31-2002, 09:22 AM
Most of the carbs, after a workout, go to replenishing glycogen stores in the muscles. There is an upper limit, obviously but I cut successfully and I haven't changed my post W/O nutrition one bit. This is probably what keeps my muscle loss so low during a cut.

$0.02