PDA

View Full Version : Diet article clarification please...

rdmelancon3
03-01-2011, 07:04 AM
I was reading through the various nutrition articles, and in To Bulk Or Cut, it says that you should eat according to what size you want to be. So if you want to be 200 lbs with 15% bf, you should eat like you are 200/15%. I know how to figure the calorie amt, my question is, what is the difference between getting to 200 at 15%bf versus getting to 200 at 10%bf? Is that extra 5% difference in macros, or cardio, or something else?

Off Road
03-01-2011, 07:22 AM
what is the difference between getting to 200 at 15%bf versus getting to 200 at 10%bf? Is that extra 5% difference in macros, or cardio, or something else?
The difference comes with manipulation of your diet as you get nearer to your goal. The article is a good general guideline for achieving most of your results, but you'll need to be more precise as you get towards the goal.

rdmelancon3
03-01-2011, 08:15 AM
Manipulation as in macros? I have also been doing carb rotation, so to get to my goals towards the end, maybe add in an extra low carb day?

Off Road
03-01-2011, 08:20 AM
Manipulation as in macros? I have also been doing carb rotation, so to get to my goals towards the end, maybe add in an extra low carb day?

Pick your poison, I'm not going to get into all the different ways of manipulating your diet. The article keeps things pretty simple, and I think that works best for a majority of your goals. Then you can worry about the other 5% when you get there.

Dan Fanelli
03-01-2011, 08:44 AM
That difference is going to be in macros, but also in time, dedication, and strength. @ 10% that is 10lbs more lean mass, so there will be greater protein needs, and you must create the NEED for your body to carry that extra 10lbs.

EDIT: And as OR said, as you get closer to your goal, you'll have to get a bit more complicated. But not before its necessary.

rdmelancon3
03-01-2011, 10:08 AM
Thanks for the input, greatly appreciated

Behemoth
03-01-2011, 08:17 PM
Eat in increments. Don't eat like you're 250lbs if you're 150lbs. Eat like you're 170 and raise it as you're going. If you find you're not gaining fast enough then eat in a bigger increments. It's ludicrous to eat simply like the weight you want to be at (though you might find out you need to in order to gain, just don't start off this way).