PDA

View Full Version : A little help!?

enjoisht
03-02-2011, 09:41 AM
Hey guys, i've been on here lurking for a while... I was previously 6 foot 216 LBS and about 24% body fat, basically i just want to be able to take my dang shirt off, i have had man titties for so long and im tired of it... i went pretty hardcore to the gym last year and cut to 193...unfortunately i got lazy and i was in a relationship and working 65+ hours a week so i quit going and started eating worse. As of the last week of December i have been single (and its awesome lol) but i need to cut some more so i can feel more confident this summer... I started back to the gym 5 nights a week after work at about 8pm to 9pm... I am eating as healthy i as i can without going insane like i did last time.. January 10th 2011 i weighed in at 210.4 lbs... Today March, 2 2011 i am 198.6 so im on my way back down. My question is, will "RESULTS" powder help me in my weight loss? I want to try some suppliments to help me in my weight loss.. I have stayed away from protien powder for now and went to chicken, turkey and other meats for dinner after my workout.. My first goal is to get to 185lbs and basically just to look "presentable" without my shirt on. Should i just keep up what im doing at the gym (30 minutes of running and then 30 mins of light weight high rep training) with completely no suppliments or anything or should i try results?? I heard you are not supposed to take it with cardio?? Any input would be appreciated!! Thanks!!

Behemoth
03-02-2011, 09:49 AM
Results will not help you lose weight. That is not its purpose, it instead aids in increasing lean mass when hypercaloric (bulk) and then aids in retaining your muscle when hypocaloric (diet).

Additionally there is no reason in my opinion to avoid protein powder when dieting.

enjoisht
03-02-2011, 11:22 AM
yea that's why i was curious because its under the weight loss tab on there site... and for protien the only kind i can stand drinking is Muscle Milk Light... Chocolate flavor.. i have tried so many of them.. just figured that would make me gain more weight then lose...

Sean S
03-02-2011, 11:50 AM
Remember the protein drink has be to framed in the context of your overall caloric intake. There's nothing magic about it that will make you gain more weight other than it adds calories like any food. If you are already at or above your calorie maintenance intake and then add the Muscle Milk it will likely contribute to weight gain. No one food or supplement alone is going to make you lose or gain weight, it's your overall dietary intake the does that.

Behemoth
03-02-2011, 11:52 AM
Protein shakes don't make you gain weight, neither do bic macs. Too many calories do.

enjoisht
03-07-2011, 09:20 AM
Thanks guys im just gonna keep workin hard and see how it turns out... im eating as good as i can and working out harder then i ever have. I weighed in Friday at 197.2 so another pound down and im at 19.5% body fat... Back to the gym tonight and all this week... Gotta keep on keepin on keepin on...