PDA

View Full Version : CV while on low carb diet

mattd
05-20-2002, 06:18 AM
I am at the moment trying to keep my daily carb consumption to around 100 grams a day (i weigh 200 lbs). I read an article recently through that stated that you should not perform any cv while restricting your carbs by that much as you will start lose muscle as well as fat. I have upped my protein intake to about 280 grams a day, but I dont want to risk losing too much of the muscle I have gained over the previous months.

Is this correct or should i continue to do 45 minutes of cv 3-5 times a week?

jcybex
05-21-2002, 02:54 PM
I'm doing the same thing you're doing my friend - sort of.

I don't recommend upping protein to that amount (80g over the 200 lb barrier) as that is a candidate for fat. 1g per lb is what you should shoot for IMO....

You should not abandon doing weight lifting either. Do circuit training, it's worked wonders for me....

MRJ
05-21-2002, 05:41 PM
I've continued to complete the same routine regardless of total calorie intake.

While consuming 3900 cals. (40p/20f/40c) I worked out
3 x weekly (push/pull/legs) and did 2x weekly exclusive cardio for 30/45 minutes. In addition, I do a Mt. Bike excursion 1 x weekly for 10- 15 miles.

While consuming my current 2400 cals. (same ratios) I've continued with the same routine and have seemingly only lost unproductive weight. (I use tape measurments in relationship to total b/w to determine success/failure in this regard)

I try to ensure my body has enough to maintain & repair the damage from the workouts, so eating properly for the 24 hours after intense exercise is vital in my opinion.

As long as you feel strong & your workouts are good I wouldn't change. Again, my opinion.