PDA

View Full Version : Titan "Ram"

jtteg_x
03-05-2011, 10:24 PM
http://www.liftinglarge.com/titanram.aspx

has anyone heard of this device? it looks like a copy of Mark Bell's sling shot. :confused:

Brian Hopper
03-05-2011, 10:32 PM
I just saw it advertised on that same website, but I didn't read into it. I'm sure Mark is upset about it.

Ryano
03-06-2011, 05:32 AM
I had one for a while. It's a much thicker material than the slinghot. The thing I like about it most is that it's made in the good old U.S.A. Your $$ isn't going overseas.

Tom Mutaffis
03-06-2011, 06:22 AM
Anderson is selling them at the Arnold, I may stop by today to look at them and report back but I already purchased a SlingShot earlier this weekend.

Ryano
03-11-2011, 05:35 AM
Just gave the new Titan Super Ram a ride last night. REALLY well made. I have a 2xl slingshot and this RAM is an XL, so sizing is slightly different. My upper arms are approx 20" and I think both items fit as they are designed to. Slingshot fits at the elbow and the RAM slightly above the ebow on the upper arm. The last time I tried the Slingshot I was unable to hit 505 after a shirted workout. Last night I put on the RAM after a shirted workout that went up to 765. With the RAM I did:
455 x 5
475 x 3
505 x 2
525 x 1

This was some really good "post shirt" work. It really protects your shoulder when working with weights over your max, but you still have to lock them out. I like it. I know someone will ask, "what is your raw max?" I don't know. Somewhere in the upper 4's.

altrocksnp
03-13-2011, 09:18 PM
Well, Mark wasn't that happy with it at the Arnold.

But it seems different, the Slingshot goes over your elbows and it seems the Ram goes all the way to your shoulders.

AdrianLarsen
03-15-2011, 08:38 AM
I think this is going to be like bench shirts all different type of companies will devolop there own and they will all be different.

vdizenzo
03-15-2011, 09:33 AM
I still don't really get the use of these products.

* Edit, I guess it's just like any other variation of an exercise to work with. It's also just another thing to spend money on.

altrocksnp
03-15-2011, 09:44 AM

* Edit, I guess it's just like any other variation of an exercise to work with. It's also just another thing to spend money on.

Definetely agree.

It sure as hell is fun to screw around with though!

Ripe1
03-15-2011, 05:18 PM
I think this is going to be like bench shirts all different type of companies will devolop there own and they will all be different.

Metal Catapult anyone?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2UNZqZ0z9M

Travis Bell
03-15-2011, 05:42 PM

Agreed. I don't really see this as a huge market. I'm surprised so many companies are already making their own

I've never used one either.

i3igpete
03-17-2011, 12:22 PM
kind of sad that as more and more people jump into it, it will be a pissing contest about "you can lift more with so-and-so's sling shot, so thats why I use it". i give it 2 years before it will evolve into triple ply denim sling shots...

IronDiggy
03-17-2011, 12:49 PM
kind of sad that as more and more people jump into it, it will be a pissing contest about "you can lift more with so-and-so's sling shot, so thats why I use it". i give it 2 years before it will evolve into triple ply denim sling shots...

Like the ram and the super ram?

i3igpete
03-17-2011, 01:00 PM
never mind, looks like i'm behind the curve already :bash:

AdamBAG
03-17-2011, 01:52 PM
I think it is just another tool in the tool box so to speak. It isn't revolutionary, but I can see it having some merit.

I think you'd be better off spending the ~$50 on a couple of sets of bands though.

Henry had one of the Titan ones and it is pretty much made of knee wraps. I would guess these copanies already have the materials so it isn't that expensive to just create their own version of the "slingshot" and get on on the market.

Ryano
03-17-2011, 02:18 PM
I would say there is a huge market for them. I doubt that Mark will tell how many slingshots he has sold since the begining, but I'll bet it's alot. I also agree that it's just another tool to work your lockout. Similiar to bands & chains. I don't see anyone talking about how much more they can lift with one "reverse band" as opposed to another. I like them. They allow you to overload your lockout without stressing the shoulders. If you don't like'em, don't get one.

IronDiggy
03-17-2011, 02:30 PM
I'm actually considering getting one. Partially because like said above with bands, my gym is poorly equipped and it's a pain to try and set up banded bench.