PDA

View Full Version : New Angle of My Squat

kingkong51
03-06-2011, 06:52 PM
http://www.ironscene.com/play_hd.php?vid=5232

kingns
03-06-2011, 09:30 PM
too legit. Unfortunately people are gonna hate no matter how the video looks. Unless its a usapl squat people are gonna talk crap. THats an amazing squat and your the first to do it, regardless of what other people will try to take away from it. Awesome work.

Dan Fanelli
03-06-2011, 10:18 PM
Crazy stuff. A thousand pounds is a thousand pounds regardless of how you do it. Is that a record of any type?

mastermonster
03-06-2011, 10:36 PM
It's the all time raw record and the 1st ever 1000 lb. raw squat, and it was done with unbelievable speed! I was there and it was awesome to see!

Travis Bell
03-07-2011, 05:43 AM
Great squat big man! Massive weight

If i were you i'd really just quit reading all the garbage. All it is going to do is take away from your accomplishment in your mind. You will never be able to please everyone in the world

Clone
03-07-2011, 05:54 AM
Absolutely outstanding!

C'mon Rob, atleast make it look hard so the rest of us can feel good. :)

Huge congrats!

SplitQuick
03-07-2011, 07:39 AM
Wow. I can't believe you stood up so fast... You stood up like you had 200 lbs on the bar!

Very good work!

GreggNJ
03-07-2011, 08:23 AM
Holy crap - that is a lot of F**king weight! Looked good, great speed!! Great work!!!!!!

f=ma
03-07-2011, 08:29 AM
amazing, hip crease is definitely at least parallel. a couple vids ago someone mentioned that its hard to tell your depth because your legs are so big. i think that is exactly the problem from the other vids that causes people to question depth. outstanding man

AdamBAG
03-07-2011, 08:40 AM
Congratulations on your world record Rob!

I train with Henry Thomason, he's short and about 300-315. It's very, very hard to judge depth on him. I'm sure it's even tougher with a guy your size.

Captain Awesome
03-07-2011, 08:44 AM
ok a 2x BW 3/4 squat w/o a suit. Good Job!

http://4funz.com/Funny-Pictures/animals/other/img-haters-gonna-hate-panda-352

Take away the meat, and I bet that femur went lower than the hip or parallel to it. I could only see it on my phone, but you can see a rebound at the bottom of the hole. Its a bad angle to judge depth anyways.

kingkong51
03-07-2011, 08:46 AM
Thanks everybody even for their support because WBB has been the only site that I have not been bashed on and been respected for my hardwork.

Captain Awesome
03-07-2011, 08:47 AM
Thanks everybody even for their support because WBB has been the only site that I have not been bashed on and been respected for my hardwork.

Tell em to suck it. That weight would break 99% those haters in half. No doubt its impressive for someone to even unrack 1000 pounds, let alone squat it.

theBarzeen
03-07-2011, 09:12 AM
that looked awesome big man! I've seen multi-ply squats at that weight that came up slower.
I said the same thing on outlaws.....
All the hate just shows that the RAW!!! nazis don't really want to see raw lifting get any notoriety, they just want a reason to bash people. Now that you did something good every 170# computer warrior needs to find something like kneewraps, bodyweight, lack of hair, zodiac sign.... whatever to try to make themselves feel special. In the end if I were given a choice to gain 100# to be able to squat like that I would take it in a heartbeat.

The real question isn't depth or knee wraps.....

it's when is your next meet, and what is your next goal?

StLRPh
03-07-2011, 09:13 AM
Nice work Rob, looked like you had a lot left in you!

RhodeHouse
03-07-2011, 11:39 AM
Rob,

Amazing work. The squat was crazy strong and fast. I was super impressed with your 605 bench. I know you've hit 635, but that 605 was smoked.

Great work. The most impressive thing I've ever seen done in the strength world. Just awesome.

Good to meet you big dog. You're the only man I've ever seen that makes TT look not as big. Rest up and we'll see you on the platform again, soon.

BloodandThunder
03-07-2011, 11:59 AM
Any vids of the bench Rob? Incredible speed coming up out of the hole.

mike95763
03-07-2011, 02:04 PM
I've watched this squat from every angle out there and every time I see it, it just gets more amazing. The speed and depth on the squat were both perfect. It looked like a warm up.

JK1
03-07-2011, 02:31 PM
Any vids of the bench Rob? Incredible speed coming up out of the hole.

My wife has video of all of Robs lifts from the meet. I will email them to him tonight once she gets home from work and I've had a chance to download them from her camera.

vdizenzo
03-07-2011, 02:44 PM
Hey Rob, you are an awesome lifter. Your peers hold you in the highest regard. They don't talk junk about nobodies. I was in the back room warming up, but every man, woman, and child there said it was a good lift.

Do not defend yourself anywhere. You don't need to. You are the greatest raw squatter of all time. Congrats big man!

NickAus
03-07-2011, 02:47 PM
Just had another look Rob..............that lift was good.....more than good it was clean and easy!!

Well done!!

Captain Awesome
03-07-2011, 02:51 PM
Hey Rob, you are an awesome lifter. Your peers hold you in the highest regard. They don't talk junk about nobodies. I was in the back room warming up, but every man, woman, and child there said it was a good lift.

Do not defend yourself anywhere. You don't need to. You are the greatest raw squatter of all time. Congrats big man!

Definitely. People who talk bad about lifts are generally the ones who aren't doing any real work at the gym. Its the same obvious cycle that we see everywhere. Only the haters have time to talk about others, and that's cause they ain't doing it themselves.

johnst_nhb
03-07-2011, 02:57 PM
I can't imagine having that much weight on my back. Simply an awesome lift!

joey54
03-07-2011, 03:39 PM
We don't give a flying **** about the others. Great feat of strength.

BoAnderson71
03-07-2011, 04:33 PM
Amazing. It doesn't matter what people on other forums say because it is your name that is in the record books now.

Ivan92
03-07-2011, 05:31 PM
Congratulations on very big squat lift. I think next you should try and beat Malanichev's all-time lift of 450 kilos (993 pound) walked out and deep down.

ironwill727
03-07-2011, 06:39 PM
Not only did you squat a grand..you smoked it! I don't care what any of those haters say that downright qualifies as Beast Mode! The only ones that are gonna hate are the ones who could never squat half that and they are jealous!

killxswitch
03-07-2011, 06:41 PM
From this angle especially it is pretty obvious you went to or past parallel. Amazing squat, it didn't even look hard for you.

david_heisel
03-07-2011, 07:18 PM
That was impressive, but in my opinion, not quite to depth. But since the judges gave it three white lights that is all that matters. Congratulations on a huge lift.

People are not bashing the squat for any reason other than they don't believe it was parallel. You can call them haters only if they are disrespectful which is not ok but not for giving an opinion. When Malanichev did the greatest raw squat in history there was nothing but positive statements on Powerlifting Watch. Malanichev did not leave any doubts.

El Chupacabra
03-07-2011, 07:19 PM
Incredible.

vdizenzo
03-07-2011, 07:24 PM
That was impressive, but in my opinion, not quite to depth. But since the judges gave it three white lights that is all that matters. Congratulations on a huge lift.

People are not bashing the squat for any reason other than they don't believe it was parallel. You can call them haters only if they are disrespectful which is not ok but not for giving an opinion. When Malanichev did the greatest raw squat in history there was nothing but positive statements on Powerlifting Watch. Malanichev did not leave any doubts.

Well, Malaichev will have to sqiat 1002.5 lbs to take that title back. It's Rob's now.

hulk242
03-07-2011, 07:55 PM
I kneel before you!!! You DA MAN!

Travis Bell
03-07-2011, 08:13 PM

Stop re-registering. It's lame.

theBarzeen
03-07-2011, 08:14 PM

This sport is about lifting the most weight within the rules of the federation and to the satisfaction of the judges there on that day. Nowhere, in any rule book, does it mention having to lift weights in a manner that makes people you don't know or care about on the internet happy.

NickAus
03-07-2011, 08:25 PM
It would actually be easier to full squat and bounce out of the bottom than how Rob went to parallel then came up nice and smooth........great squat!!

Ivan92
03-07-2011, 08:33 PM
Well, Malaichev will have to sqiat 1002.5 lbs to take that title back. It's Rob's now.

Difference is Malanichev did his squat lift under IPF standards with walk out and very deep down squat, nobody argue that squat. SPF is not IPF. Under same standard, no one can beat Malanichev.

kingkong51
03-07-2011, 09:16 PM
Thanks everybody even the few doubter by the way your welcome to come train in Dothan or at Hoos gym anytime when Jk and I. Then go back and see if the doubt still remains.

BoAnderson71
03-08-2011, 01:43 PM
Ivan, whos name is in the record book for the heaviest raw squat? Andrey or Rob? I believe Rob is. Don't get me wrong Malanchiev is a freak and one of my favorite lifters but Rob is obviously the best ever in the raw squat up to this point in the history of powerlifting, until somebody squats more than a grand, it will stay that way. so stop the mental masturbation in this thread, because if Andrey is the best he will break the record otherwise he is not the best. Simple as that.

GazzyG
03-08-2011, 02:02 PM
http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums/j382/Sabersensei/Starscream/haters.gif

That was an absolutely astonishing feat of strength.

Kiff
03-08-2011, 02:45 PM
Thanks everybody even the few doubter by the way your welcome to come train in Dothan or at Hoos gym anytime when Jk and I. Then go back and see if the doubt still remains.

Rob your an inspiration and WBB and powerlifting is lucky to have you.

No one can ever take away what you have done.

I take my hat off to you.

Brian C
03-08-2011, 03:14 PM
Simply amazing Rob. Congratulations big guy!

stlpower123
03-08-2011, 04:25 PM
that was honestly not that high if at all. i dunno y they are bitching over on BB.com

JK1
03-08-2011, 04:47 PM
Difference is Malanichev did his squat lift under IPF standards with walk out and very deep down squat, nobody argue that squat. SPF is not IPF. Under same standard, no one can beat Malanichev.

No he didn't. Malanichev did his 450 kg squat at an unsanctioned, nondrugtested meet. He had the choice of a monolift and he walked it out.

Now don't get me wrong, he did one awesome squat, Malanichev is a GREAT powerlifter. I do not want to take anything away from him because of all the powerlifters in the world, he is the one of the best of the best. But he did NOTHING under "IPF standards" at the World Lifting meet. To make such a claim is false.

JK1
03-08-2011, 04:57 PM

Yes, that offer stands. You got a problem with how we squat, you are more than welcome to come train with us and show us how you think it should be done. Contact me or Rob and we'll figure out directions or if we have to pick you up from an airport. Bring your knee wraps, bring your gear, bring your belt.. I'll provide you with the puke bucket if you need it....

joey54
03-08-2011, 06:24 PM
that was honestly not that high if at all. i dunno y they are bitching over on BB.com

Bigger question, who cares?

ct67_72
03-08-2011, 07:27 PM
This sport is about lifting the most weight within the rules of the federation and to the satisfaction of the judges there on that day. Nowhere, in any rule book, does it mention having to lift weights in a manner that makes people you don't know or care about on the internet happy.
Perfectly said.
I have followed Robs training and unfortunately the controversy that has followed it. There was no real way to tell in his past videos how deep he had been squatting, and as said especially with the size of his legs. Im very happy to see this vid, and how clearly he hit good depth and just absolutely SMOKED that squat!!!
Great job big man!!!

mastermonster
03-08-2011, 09:52 PM
Rob, I was very honored to be there to see you hit 1000! I got to see your 1st meet and now I got to see the 1000 go down! You have worked your ass off and you deserve it!

j robinson
03-09-2011, 08:33 AM
This is simply one of the most impressive powerlifting feats of all time. Congratulations on the huge number.