PDA

View Full Version : Amateur collegiate powerlifting tourney coming up in October

K Y L E
03-08-2011, 09:07 AM
It's just for benching and deadlifting. I plan on competing in either the 132 or 148 division depending how much I can cut i can currently bench 245x2 and 250x1(the 250 was immediately after the 245x2), and I just started training deadlifts for the first time this week and so far maxed out at 300x1. I weigh 134 as of right now, I was just wondering are these lifts good for my weight, and what are some assistance exercises I can train to get my deadlift up?

Also as an extra question does anyone know where I could find a list of last years IPF nationals scores?

BloodandThunder
03-08-2011, 09:47 AM
The IPF does not hold nationals. The USAPL holds its Collegiate Nationals in April every year and is one of the biggest powerlifting meets in the country.
Collegiate Nationals, Junior Nationals, and Men's Nationals results can be found here (http://usapowerlifting.com/results/index.shtml)

At 5'8", you should be eating. Keep lifting on a simple program and eating. Just go lift at a few meets and get experience. You need to qualify for any Nationals by hitting a qualifying total.

K Y L E
03-08-2011, 09:59 AM
Oh no, I don't mean that I'm competing/necessarily looking to compete in the nationals, I'm competing in an amateur event, I was just interested in looking up the scores for previous years