PDA

View Full Version : New Member

Canadian
03-10-2011, 08:47 AM
Hello all! I am a new member and hope I have posted this in the right spot (it's late at night here).

I have just started lifting again and need some advice. I have been training and "into fitness" since I was 15. When I say training I mean running. I now run for fitness. I have been weight training on and off for about 15 years. I have a decent gym near my apartment and have started weight training again.

OK, some advice is needed. I am interested in something that is between training for powerlifting and body building. I have been lifting for about a month now and working on general conditioning overall.

I am 58, fit and lift 4 or 5 times per week for about an hour. I try to do somewhat of a split routine.

I have always thought it would be great to compete in powerlifting but in China where I work, these competitions are probably few and far between. Guess I am looking for that muscular physique and powerlifting strength.

Advice anyone? Hope my questions make sense. Specifically, I am looking for information on routines.

vdizenzo
03-10-2011, 09:27 AM
Look at Mark Rippetoe's Starting Strength or Jim Wendler's 5/3/1. They are solid routines that should give you what you are looking for. Welcome aboard.