PDA

View Full Version : Me squat day supplementary exercises

Bosshogg300
03-11-2011, 06:55 AM
i am in my 3wk with my new westside routiue, and am having to revise my ME squat day because i feel as if i am overtraining a little on this day and my body is really fatigued midway through my workout , so i have been tooling around with just reasearching seeing what others have been doing and this article i have read recently has stated that they use goodmornings for there supp work on DE & ME squat day and i was wondering if this was realistic or would that be a mistake, because i use goodmornings for my main lift some weeks for ME squat day, but would it be ok to use them on the weeks i dont do them and i instead do squats or rack deads

BloodandThunder
03-11-2011, 09:27 AM
Whats your DE/ME setup look like for a cycle

Bosshogg300
03-13-2011, 10:02 AM
My ME day for lower is

12,14, or 16 inch box squats , or rack deads, or goodmorning
Supplementary- leg press, or stiff legs
barbell rows, or cable rows, or incline rows
barbell shrugs
GHR
ABS

thats what i do now, i think i might need to move the rows to my bench day because i am getting to fatigued from them and maybe move the shrugs to my dynamic squat day, my concern is would that hinder my benching

Bosshogg300
03-13-2011, 10:18 AM
the reason i ask about it hindering my bench is that i do dynamic squat sunday and the following day i do dynamic bench

Bosshogg300
03-13-2011, 10:38 AM
But this is what i think im going to do, for ME lower do

Main Lift- Squats, Rack deads, Goodmornings
Supp lift- Leg press, Sitff legs, and maybe even though in front squats so i can roate more
reverse hyper
GHR
ABS

Dynamic lower

Box Squat
Speed deads
Reverse hyper
One leg extensions
Ham curl
Box jumps ( doing them every other week like i have been doing)
ABS

I have thought of doing seated goodmornings but should i do them as a supp work for max lower day when i dont use them as a main max lift or use them a main max lift, because i liked the way they were done in the so you think you can squat video with matt wenning

kingns
03-13-2011, 12:07 PM
I dont think your original setup is too much at all. IF your doing it for 3 weeks you will still get sore but after not long at all you will adapt and that wont be a big workload at all.

theBarzeen
03-13-2011, 02:58 PM
That's a lot of work, but if you can do it go for it.....

I prefer to squat and pull on the same day, the only auxiliary work is walking across the parking lot to get lunch. Maybe a little prowler but that's it.

I used to be able to do more auxiliary stuff afterwards, but as my weights got heavier I had to scale back the auxiliary work. Now it's all on its own day.