View Full Version : New WSM events!

Kiff
03-11-2011, 09:14 AM
http://www.theworldsstrongestman.com/blogstory.php?id=39

They look amazing!

What would you vote for!?

ThomasG
03-11-2011, 09:32 AM
looks cool but the 1st one confuses me lol. Reminds me of a torture chamber or something haha.

Lones Green
03-11-2011, 10:05 AM
I think I like the last one. The first one seems a little too sci fi for strongman, its supposed to be an old school test of strength.

The second one, the only thing in my mind when I play that out in my head is torn biceps

It seems like the third one would be similar to a truck pull

StLRPh
03-11-2011, 12:41 PM
There's an excellent thread about these at Marunde Muscle...complete with artwork :)

Tim K
03-11-2011, 04:46 PM
I like the catapult. Extra points for accuracy and the destruction of something down range.

MikeWilliams
03-12-2011, 09:48 AM
those events really don't seem suited for strength competition...more suited for entertaining the viewers...

Tim K
03-12-2011, 10:00 AM
those events really don't seem suited for strength competition...more suited for entertaining the viewers...

That really is the name of the game. If you don't entertain, you don't grow.

Rugby Dad
03-12-2011, 02:23 PM
I didn't know whether to take those events seriously or not? is that supposed to be serious suggestions?

they all look foolish, too contrived and prob dangerous. Imagine a washing machine spinning around that breaks loose and flies into the stands.

one even I like to see them bring back, way back they used to do a hay bail lift , where hay bail or any heavy object was attached to a strong rope with winch way over head, and the athlete had to hoist the object up as as possible by pulling the rope.

Tom Mutaffis
03-13-2011, 06:27 AM
I can't imagine trying to train for the spinning washing machine hold event...

The thread on Marunde where Craig posted his suggestions is pretty funny, he had events like "fight a gorilla" and "climb across barbed wire over a shark pit with chicken strapped to your feet".

Kiff
03-13-2011, 03:30 PM
I can't imagine trying to train for the spinning washing machine hold event...

The thread on Marunde where Craig posted his suggestions is pretty funny, he had events like "fight a gorilla" and "climb across barbed wire over a shark pit with chicken strapped to your feet".

Lol that is insane. :indian:

stlpower123
03-14-2011, 04:32 PM
none of the above, it doesn't excite me a lot when its something amateurs cant train for and compete in themselves

Kiff
03-14-2011, 04:38 PM
none of the above, it doesn't excite me a lot when its something amateurs cant train for and compete in themselves

I agree, it is much easier to train for the Hercules pull with Father's jet fighter.... ;)