PDA

View Full Version : Hopelessly scrawny? *HELP*

ViLLAiN808
03-11-2011, 03:40 PM
What's up guys? I heard some good comments about this forum so I decided to make an account and see if you could help me out.

Alright so here's my problem. I'm about 5'5 weighing about 105. :omg: Yes I'm a FEATHERWEIGHT! I have always been skinny and I'm sick of it! People complain about losing weight and how fat they are but I'd rather be fat than anorexic looking. I am very small boned * I can wrap my thumb and pinky around my wrist and still have space to fit my thumb in between. I can wrap my thumb and middle finger around my ANKLE! I have the thinnest ankles EVER. It's ruining my life. People look at me weird and thing of me as some ****** ass bitch. *

I have been working out for about 6 months, seriously on and off. I am currently taking GNC Amplified Mass XXX. I gained 3 lbs in maybe a week. I am also taking Gluta-lyn 1500 and BCAA-lyn 1500. I used to take 100% whey by cytosport which didn't really help me much. I am ALWAYS hungry. If I eat to the point that I'm stuffed, I am hungry easily 30 minutes later.

I don't know if it's my lifestyle or just my genetics that ****ed me over. Can somebody please HELP me before I commit suicide! lol

StLRPh
03-11-2011, 03:48 PM
Keep eating, if you gained 3lb per week (like you said earlier) then do that for 3 months you'd be at 205. Don't getting frustrated that you're not seeing immediate results. Remember, 3 pounds is progress

K.Huget
03-11-2011, 04:02 PM
What's up guys? I heard some good comments about this forum so I decided to make an account and see if you could help me out.

Alright so here's my problem. I'm about 5'5 weighing about 105. :omg: Yes I'm a FEATHERWEIGHT! I have always been skinny and I'm sick of it! People complain about losing weight and how fat they are but I'd rather be fat than anorexic looking. I am very small boned * I can wrap my thumb and pinky around my wrist and still have space to fit my thumb in between. I can wrap my thumb and middle finger around my ANKLE! I have the thinnest ankles EVER. It's ruining my life. People look at me weird and thing of me as some ****** ass bitch. *

I have been working out for about 6 months, seriously on and off. I am currently taking GNC Amplified Mass XXX. I gained 3 lbs in maybe a week. I am also taking Gluta-lyn 1500 and BCAA-lyn 1500. I used to take 100% whey by cytosport which didn't really help me much. I am ALWAYS hungry. If I eat to the point that I'm stuffed, I am hungry easily 30 minutes later.

I don't know if it's my lifestyle or just my genetics that ****ed me over. Can somebody please HELP me before I commit suicide! lol

1. I don't understand how you've been working out SERIOUSLY on and off. Lifting is about consistency.

2. You don't need Gluta-whatever and BCAA

3. You, and many others who post here, need to understand what protein is. It's a macronutrient, NOT a supplement. People buy protein powder because it is EASY and relatively cheap when bought in bulk. It is the same as eating chicken or any other good source of protein except you don't have to prepare it and it's convenient for right after a workout.

Find a routine that is suitable for you and stick with it for a significant period of time. Track your calories and if you aren't gaining weight, up them. This forum has ALL the information you need.

http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/showthread.php?99119-lt-lt-lt-Diet-and-nutrition-FAQ-LOOK-HERE-before-asking-questions-gt-gt-gt

That link has everything you need on bulking, what to eat, etc.

Off Road
03-11-2011, 04:15 PM
Protein powders aren't going to make you bigger...food is (read that several times).

My suggestion would be to get on a proven mass gaining workout and stop being wishy-washy with how you workout. Look up Super Squats and get to it for real.

As far as diet goes, start eating real food at all three [if not four] meals. Supplement that with a large volume of milk, like 1/2 gallon a day.

Super Squats + eating = getting BIG.

Here's a decent link to the Super Squats routine and eating plan...
http://www.ironworkout.com/20_rep_squat.htm

Start light with the squats, light enough to get all 20 reps without pause. Then slowly progress up in weight every session.

Blaine Masters
03-12-2011, 06:01 AM
I know the feeling, but honestly, if you do Starting Strength, you won't be skinny for long. You're ankles and wrists won't exactly get big though.

f=ma
03-12-2011, 07:11 AM
gain 100lbs

pick up the fork, eat, lift and sleep. its very simple and you are not an exception to the rule. look through the members journal for berfles' journal

from now on, you dont eat until youre full, you eat until youve eaten a certain quantity of calories for that moment in time. man up and do it

Sean S
03-12-2011, 08:27 AM
Like everyone else has said, it's mostly about more food. If you eat a ton of quality foods that include protein sources (meats, milk, eggs, peanut butter, nuts, etc...) you will likely meet your overall protein needs by default. Work hard on the big lifts like squats, deadlifts, bench press, overhead press, and rows.
It sounds to me like your biggest thing will be consistency. You have to eat more every single day all day long and be consistent with training (not on and off). It won't happen overnight so you have to be patient and stick with it.

nejar462
03-12-2011, 09:36 AM
QUALITY Calorie Dense Foods:

Natty Peanut Butter (most nuts for that matter)
Whole Milk (Whole)
Beef (Assuming you're not vegetarian) especially non lean cuts
Avocados
Raisins

If you are as scrawny and have such a high metabolism you might need to base your diet around this type of stuff. I couldn't think of any good low GI carbs that I would consider calorie dense, but I can definitely pound down a lot of oatmeal if I cook it long enough.

Mercuryblade
03-12-2011, 05:05 PM
I'll see your 5'5" 105 and raise you a 5'10" 110lbs.

Yep, that was my starting weight. I'm now about 6' and 160lbs- not huge by any stretch of the imagination, but I've made a lot of gains so I'm happy.

There is great advice in this thread and great advice to be had all around this forum. Work your ass off in gym, eat, and sleep.

I guarantee you will get bigger and stronger.

mchicia1
03-12-2011, 06:11 PM
Stuff your face with anything...mcdonalds, burger king, weight gainers, whole milk. Don't worry about where calories come from right now just eat **** all day. I was 6'5" and 155 pounds at one point in my life back in highschool. That is roughly equivalent to where you are now. In the beginning, all I did was eat double cheeseburgers from burger king or mcdonalds and I drank a weight gainer every night before bed mixed with 16 oz of whole milk. I squatted, deadlifted, and benched my ass off and got up to 205-210ish. From there I just steadily kept gaining weight for the next 2 years until 240. I did gain some fat, but its mostly just in the stomach area. I still have definition in other areas. I wouldn't worry about fat gain right now though, get to 160-170 before you even worry about body composition.

Some people are against fast food, but being busy, I didn't have time to always prepare steak or ground beef. You will need red meat, chicken won't do it.

RichMcGuire
03-12-2011, 06:52 PM
I agree with everyone else. At least for now, you'll partion most of your excess Calories towards muscle. So take advantage of it, stuff your face, and progressively lift heavier and heavier weights. You wont have to worry so much about more precise bulks to limit fat gain and not be stupid until much later ;)

baja_stx
03-16-2011, 12:46 PM
How old are you?

I apologize if I missed your age somewhere in this thread.

EDIT:

I just noticed the OP created this thread 5 days ago. I don't know about everyone else, but anytime I've ever created a thread on any internet forum, I've gone back to reply in much less than 5 days. I'm calling this a lost cause.

Off Road
03-16-2011, 01:52 PM
Yes, he either doesn't care and his attention was taken up by the latest video game. Or, nobody told him to do the latest and greates bodypart split while taking magic supplements that he REALLY wanted to do. So he's either at home playing video games or he's on another forum that gave him crappy advice.

Mercuryblade
03-16-2011, 03:06 PM
Or, nobody told him to do the latest and greates bodypart split while taking magic supplements that he REALLY wanted to do.

Are you trying to tell me that the test boosters, fat burners, and arm destroying workouts I got out of my muscle mag aren't going to add 3 inches to my arms in 3 days?

Off Road
03-16-2011, 04:30 PM
Are you trying to tell me that the test boosters, fat burners, and arm destroying workouts I got out of my muscle mag aren't going to add 3 inches to my arms in 3 days?
They will definitely work wonders for you. But don't tell eveybody else because there will be a new wonder supplement and arm blaster routine in the next issue that is sure to be even better.

RichMcGuire
03-16-2011, 04:52 PM
Yes, he either doesn't care and his attention was taken up by the latest video game. Or, nobody told him to do the latest and greates bodypart split while taking magic supplements that he REALLY wanted to do. So he's either at home playing video games or he's on another forum that gave him crappy advice.

Lol, this post is awesome.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
03-17-2011, 09:14 PM
Eat a lot of ****ing calories. Lift a lot of heavy ass things. Don't work out on and off. Be consistent. If you want to have an "off", work out for 3 months or so consistently then take a week off. Stop taking all those BCAAs and other useless supplements that'll only deter you from focusing on the main goal... which is getting bigger. If you want to get protein powder just get some basic protein powder like Nitrean, but meat is your friend. After reading over everything from the link K.Huget gave you, read it 20 more times.

K.Huget
03-17-2011, 09:19 PM
Can somebody please HELP me before I commit suicide! lol

I just noticed the OP created this thread 5 days ago. I don't know about everyone else, but anytime I've ever created a thread on any internet forum, I've gone back to reply in much less than 5 days. I'm calling this a lost cause.

Either that or...we were just too late :cry:

Meat_Head
03-18-2011, 11:46 AM
Wow he really is hopeless, a shame to see the person here who most needed that advice ignoring it because it doesn't involve stacking supplements, ignoring diet and a routine that goes Day 1 - Biceptz, light triceptz, Day 2- Upper-outer pex, light lower-inner pex, Day 3 - Upper and lower abz, Day 4 - 2 sets of leg extensions, Day 5 - repeat

Mercuryblade
03-18-2011, 12:41 PM
Wow he really is hopeless, a shame to see the person here who most needed that advice ignoring it because it doesn't involve stacking supplements, ignoring diet and a routine that goes Day 1 - Biceptz, light triceptz, Day 2- Upper-outer pex, light lower-inner pex, Day 3 - Upper and lower abz, Day 4 - 2 sets of leg extensions, Day 5 - repeat

That's hardcore, I workout my legs biking.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
03-18-2011, 01:42 PM
That is a joke routine, yes?

Meat_Head
03-18-2011, 03:52 PM
That is a joke routine, yes?

Heck naws that's how you g3t jacked ftw

RichMcGuire
03-18-2011, 06:56 PM
Wow, all these old timers are posting again. Were you training in the hyperbolic time chamber?

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
03-18-2011, 08:48 PM
Heck naws that's how you g3t jacked ftw

So that's a yes. :clap:

f=ma
03-19-2011, 10:15 AM
guys i'm trying to bulk and i'm eating mcdonalds 2x per day and oreos for dinner. how long til my abs are showing

Off Road
03-19-2011, 10:37 AM
guys i'm trying to bulk and i'm eating mcdonalds 2x per day and oreos for dinner. how long til my abs are showing

Your ab (singular) should be showing up any day now :)

RichMcGuire
03-19-2011, 11:03 AM

Mmm.. I love McDonalds. I wish I could afford the Calories everyday.

JT111
03-19-2011, 06:30 PM

Heard thats an effective diet combined with the hardcore XXXXXXXXXXXXXXL ripped arm blaster iron Xtra Xtra big XXXL routine. Guaranteed 6 pack Abs and 5 inches on your arms in ONLY 2 months right?

JT111
03-19-2011, 06:36 PM
Heard thats an effective diet combined with the hardcore XXXXXXXXXXXXXXL ripped arm blaster iron Xtra Xtra big XXXL routine. Guaranteed 6 pack Abs and 5 inches on your arms in ONLY 2 months right?

Oh what i owe to internet ads..