PDA

View Full Version : 5 Months of HCT-12

GazzyG
03-12-2011, 11:05 AM
http://img808.imageshack.us/img808/2112/comparisonw.jpg

The picture on the left is me c. 6 months ago, before starting any heavy weight training.

The picture on the right is me today, after 5 months of HCT-12 (with one three week break due to injury and one one week break due to holiday).

The T-shirt is the same size (UK size small).

I'm so happy in the progress I've made, thanks to this site, the information and the support from everyone else.

Looking forward to seeing what the next 6 months bring.

Cards
03-12-2011, 11:09 AM
Great progress man, you look thicker overall! Keep up the hard work.

patricky
03-12-2011, 11:20 PM
Your arms are like double in the second pic.
Keep at it for a few years and everyone will notice.

GazzyG
03-13-2011, 04:57 AM
Cheers guys.

And yeah, don't know how my arms have ballooned up so much - I only work them as much as HCT-12 says; dips, pullups and the occasional curl haha!

f=ma
03-13-2011, 09:05 AM
your pics are uncomparable, different clothing, different lighting, different angle, different pose. you've gained size but what of that is fat/lean is impossible to say

GazzyG
03-13-2011, 11:07 AM
your pics are uncomparable, different clothing, different lighting, different angle, different pose. you've gained size but what of that is fat/lean is impossible to say

I appreciate the input mate.

If I still had the same clothes and could be arsed to wait for the weather to improve and could mess around to get the same pose, I would. But I can't - it was a spur of the moment thing as I happened to come across that old pic of me and think - 'blimey, I look different.'

As for fat/lean ratio, no it's difficult to tell. I have gained some fat, of course. But at the end of the day, some of my lifts have tripled since then, so it's probably safe to say that a good portion of it is lean. Fat doesn't lift weights.

Again, good to get any input though. :)

Auzzie
03-13-2011, 12:02 PM
f=ma is right that it is not an ideal comparison but looking at your neck & arms I'd say you've definitely put on some lean muscle combined with the fact that your lifts are some much stronger.
Congrats!!

GazzyG
03-13-2011, 12:28 PM
f=ma is right that it is not an ideal comparison but looking at your neck & arms I'd say you've definitely put on some lean muscle combined with the fact that your lifts are some much stronger.
Congrats!!

Thanks mate. Yeah, I should've taken some proper before shots, before I started lifting. But I just didn't realise how into it I'd become, haha.

Behemoth
03-13-2011, 01:56 PM
Some good size gains. You also have ILSS in the second pic though :)

bojackson
03-14-2011, 06:49 AM
good progress. dont worrylisten to the nit-picking. everyone started somewhere. keep it up and post some more pics in another 6months

DavyRen
03-14-2011, 07:28 AM
I think your looking much thicker Gaz, an impressive improvement overall keep going my uk buddy!!!

GazzyG
03-14-2011, 09:13 AM
Cheers for the encouragement, peeps! Even those of you who were critical, it's good to have opinions from both sides.

I'll leave my next photos for another six months - I guarantee there'll be a bigger difference then, haha.

the pope
03-14-2011, 10:48 AM
well done gazzy good gains, looks like the hard work starting to pay off, keep at man

Auzzie
03-14-2011, 06:21 PM
Some good size gains. You also have ILSS in the second pic though :)

i think you mean.... I.L.S
Nothing funnier than a bad case of ILS in the gym, makes me smile every time!!

SplitQuick
03-15-2011, 11:46 AM
Hey man sure the pose/lighting etc could be better, but I see progress and that's what matters. haha, don't take this the wrong way, but you honestly look healthier and your hair looks thicker... i know it's a different cut in the second pic but you literally look like your health took a turn in the right direction

GazzyG
03-15-2011, 12:29 PM
Hey man sure the pose/lighting etc could be better, but I see progress and that's what matters. haha, don't take this the wrong way, but you honestly look healthier and your hair looks thicker... i know it's a different cut in the second pic but you literally look like your health took a turn in the right direction

Thanks mate - I feel a lot better in myself since hitting the weights with a good routine.

Behemoth
03-15-2011, 08:20 PM
i think you mean.... I.L.S
Nothing funnier than a bad case of ILS in the gym, makes me smile every time!!

No, I mean and meant ILSS.

chris mason
03-16-2011, 09:41 PM
Great progress! You can see you have added some good muscle. I would guess 15-20 lbs?

GazzyG
03-17-2011, 02:35 AM
Great progress! You can see you have added some good muscle. I would guess 15-20 lbs?

Cheers Chris - you're right, I've gained 20lbs since starting the program in October. How much is muscle is anyone's guess, but at the time the first photo was taken, I was squatting 100lbs and DLing 176lbs.

Now I'm squatting 265 and DLing 335lbs.

All thanks to your site!

Time+Patience
03-18-2011, 10:20 AM
The progress you've made is definitely noticeable, keep working with it and keep progressing. Fat can always be lost, it's the muscle you want to hold onto.

Great progress thus far.

JT111
03-26-2011, 07:04 AM
Very noticeable gains! Hard work pays off!! Keep up the good work!

GazzyG
03-27-2011, 03:29 PM
The progress you've made is definitely noticeable, keep working with it and keep progressing. Fat can always be lost, it's the muscle you want to hold onto.

Great progress thus far.

Very noticeable gains! Hard work pays off!! Keep up the good work!

Thanks both! Much appreciated.

I've just started a short (4-6 week) cut this week. Very slow cut, don't want to lose strength. Will post up before/after pics of my cut when I'm finished.

Brian C
04-18-2011, 09:01 AM
Way to go Gaz! Really nice progress, keep at it buddy.