PDA

View Full Version : Eric Lilliebridge & Chris Hickson deadlift workout 3-12-11

elilliebridge
03-12-2011, 02:36 PM
My first time trying Hook Grip with heavy weight, most i've ever went up to before was 500 with this grip.

Ended today with a PR of 725 w/ hook grip. Going to try 800ish next deadlift day w/ regular grip to end my training on pulls for UPA nationals. Chris pulled an all time PR of 765lbs!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KBb7ZxSi3k&feature=player_embedded#at=108

Brian C
03-12-2011, 02:44 PM
Holy crap Chris is a pulling machine!! That was so impressive. How much does he weigh anyone know? Not to take away from Eric, who is always impressive. Great job to both!

MikeWilliams
03-12-2011, 03:04 PM
strong pulling!! Chris Hickson is a beast...I can't believe how easily he moves weight like that...amazing work gentlemen, impressive

hulk242
03-12-2011, 04:01 PM
Strong deadlifts.

elilliebridge
03-12-2011, 04:10 PM
Holy crap Chris is a pulling machine!! That was so impressive. How much does he weigh anyone know? Not to take away from Eric, who is always impressive. Great job to both!

Thanks! Chris weighed in at 231 right after he did that last deadlift. His pulls are crazy... i had to get videos of his warm ups because his speed is just insane. I've learned a lot from having him around in the gym to lift with, motivates me a lot having another young lifter up and coming near my deadlift record. His hook grip is also really impressive. I tried it today for my first time with anything over 500 and it felt really good, but you definitely need a lot of practice approaching weights that are near your all time best with the over under hand. I like the way i feel in that position though with both hands being double over and hooked. Just gotta practice some more after my competition and i'm sure it'll work out great for me.

wyllie1
03-12-2011, 08:23 PM
Eric, that is just sick strong! Both you guys tore it up. What do you guys do for grip strength?

theBarzeen
03-12-2011, 09:24 PM
jacked AND tan?!

winning combination!!!

like genetics and tiger blood.......

MikeWilliams
03-12-2011, 09:49 PM
jacked AND tan?!

winning combination!!!

like genetics and tiger blood.......

Adonis DNA!

shocker4221
03-13-2011, 12:37 AM
I'm new to doing DLs and was curious about the different styles you both used. Is there an advantage to the way Chris is performing the lift by rolling it towards him? It appears he uses a lot more back muscle to get the weight up. Thanks for any answers.

joey54
03-13-2011, 07:05 AM
Fantastic lifting. Shows how form is individual to the person as well.

elilliebridge
03-13-2011, 06:54 PM
I'm new to doing DLs and was curious about the different styles you both used. Is there an advantage to the way Chris is performing the lift by rolling it towards him? It appears he uses a lot more back muscle to get the weight up. Thanks for any answers.

I think it kind of depends on your body structure. I have used the rolling technique before too in this video right here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsWBVD8Gilk

But i went back to pulling the normal way because sometimes i would get out of form when rolling it towards me. Chris uses a lot more back when he deadlifts because he's a lot taller and has long arms, so the rolling technique works out perfect for him, but i'm sure if he didn't use it, he could still pull just about the same. I've done more just squating down and getting good leg drive than rolling it.

LITTLE HICKSON
03-13-2011, 07:00 PM
I think it kind of depends on your body structure. I have used the rolling technique before too in this video right here
[video=youtube;jsWBVD8Gilk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsWBVD8Gilk[/ideo]

But i went back to pulling the normal way because sometimes i would get out of form when rolling it towards me. Chris uses a lot more back when he deadlifts because he's a lot taller and has long arms, so the rolling technique works out perfect for him, but i'm sure if he didn't use it, he could still pull just about the same. I've done more just squating down and getting good leg drive than rolling it.

damn dude, u got a lot bigger and leaner since then!!! Ur gonna pull some massive weight in like two weeks!! :moon:LOL

vdizenzo
03-13-2011, 07:20 PM
Great lifting. Although I have not gone heavy at all using the hook grip, I notice everytime I use it, it feels a little better.

NickAus
03-13-2011, 07:42 PM
Great pulling from you both!!

altrocksnp
03-13-2011, 09:43 PM
Amazing pulling!