PDA

View Full Version : Tom Mutaffis - Training Video (Dumbbell / Front Squat / Tire Flip / Atlas Stones)

Tom Mutaffis
03-14-2011, 02:11 AM
Video of some training from this past weekend....

- Circus Dumbbell
- 465 lbs x 2 Front Squat
- 850 lbs Tire x 10 Reps
- 380 Atlas Stone to 58"

WDPKET-AMQw

shocker4221
03-14-2011, 04:28 AM
impressive training!!!

Tim K
03-14-2011, 10:41 AM
Looking good Tom! The stone was a pretty damned cool lift!

Brian Hopper
03-14-2011, 06:16 PM
Looking strong Tom!!! Now that I'm getting into strongman training, these videos are becoming more inspiring.

Tom Mutaffis
03-15-2011, 03:10 AM
impressive training!!!

Thank you.

Looking good Tom! The stone was a pretty damned cool lift!

I was very excited about the stone load, haven't hit a stone PR like that in a while.

Looking strong Tom!!! Now that I'm getting into strongman training, these videos are becoming more inspiring.

Thank you, are you planning on doing any contests this year or just using strongman as cross-training for powerlifting?

Brian Hopper
03-15-2011, 10:16 AM
Thank you, are you planning on doing any contests this year or just using strongman as cross-training for powerlifting?

Yeah, i'm going to do the contest that Scott Weech puts on here in Lakeland. Then next year, i'll pick something out. I'll probably only do one competition a year. I have been training with Weech a couple days a week and he's been helping me so we'll see when it's game time how things go.

hulk242
03-16-2011, 07:41 PM
Good work. Keep it up.

Tom Mutaffis
03-17-2011, 01:31 AM
Yeah, i'm going to do the contest that Scott Weech puts on here in Lakeland. Then next year, i'll pick something out. I'll probably only do one competition a year. I have been training with Weech a couple days a week and he's been helping me so we'll see when it's game time how things go.

Cool, there are usually a handful of other good events within driving distance (few hours) of Orlando if you decide that you might want to compete a bit more. He is definitely a good person to train with since he successfully made the transition from Powerlifting to Strongman (but obviously still does very well in Powerlifting).

Good work. Keep it up.

Thank you.