PDA

View Full Version : newbie needs some advice

thunderpants
03-15-2011, 08:24 AM
hi guys

new to the forums and could do with a little advice on the eating side of things..

i have been training now for almost 2 months and managed to go from 68 to 72kg but now i dont seem to be gaining much mass,, i know it takes a long time to see gains but im wondering iff i am eating correctly or not and that is slowing me down

here is my diet

9am, shreddies and a glass of milk

12pm, baked beans or spaghetti

3pm, tuna with rice or pasta or baked potato with cheese/beans

6pm, turkey/chicken sandwhich

7pm, super weightgainer 1500

8pm, hit the gym

10pm, super weightgainer 1500 (rite after workout)

12am, if awake scrambled egg ( may add waightgainer here too)

sorry about my first post being so long and any advice will be appreciated

thanx
dave

Off Road
03-15-2011, 08:31 AM
Eat more MEAT!

thunderpants
03-15-2011, 08:39 AM
i am planning to add more meat to my diet,, this is just my general diet and was wondeirng iff i was eating correctly, as i say im a newbie atm and any nutrition advice is always welcome :-)

f=ma
03-15-2011, 09:29 AM
- replace shreddies with oatmeal and multiple scrambled egg whites/1 yolk

- replace the baked beans/spaghetti with chicken and rice

- replace weight gainer with regular whey or a whey/casein blend if you want once you finish that product (nitrean, ON, whatever fits your $$ etc)

- eat the same quantities (weighed) each day and learn the effect it has on your body weight over a period of time no less than 5 days. if you are not gaining, add more food.. e.g., another 40g of oatmeal or another 4oz of turkey/tuna on your sandwich

thunderpants
03-15-2011, 10:00 AM
thanx for your replys

@ f=ma i dont wanna be 1 of those skinny ripped guys , i am trying to put on weight and have definition so what product would you say is better for me,, sorry iff i seem a bit of a dumbass

here is the old supplement i was taking
http://www.sci-mx.co.uk/pages/28294/Omni-MX_Hardcore.htm

and here is the new
http://sportandsupplements.com/products/Atlas-Superweight-Gainer-1500-1.5kg.html

all food intake advice has been noted and will see how i get on

dave

f=ma
03-15-2011, 10:11 AM
you need to read the diet FAQs

your supplement is just a calorie input to get you where you need to be diet-wise. your complete dietary intake over time will build the goal.

Behemoth
03-15-2011, 07:44 PM
- replace shreddies with oatmeal and multiple scrambled egg whites/1 yolk

or just add egg/egg white to meal with shredded wheat. I see no reason to displace it with oatmeal.

ozmarc
03-15-2011, 08:29 PM
Whats with the Turkey, Chicken and Tuna? You need to start thinking Beef and Salmon.

As f=mas stated I would replace the shreddies with oatmeal as its more calorie dense. Throw in a tbs or two of natty peanut butter throughout the day too with a couple of meals. Meals 1 and 2 need more protein too, try some boiled or fried eggs on the side of the cereal, and beef/salmon/chicken with rice would be a better option at meal 2

As you are already taking the gainer pre-workout, my personal choice would be to following your workout with a 'real food' otherwise you aren't really eating any 'whole food' (with the exception of the scrambled egg 'sometimes' before bed). That means you wanted you could also make your last meal another serving of the gainer, which would be easy to wake up and take (just set an alarm) and tie you over through the rest of night.