PDA

View Full Version : Help with diet

bluebird
03-17-2011, 06:51 AM
Hey

Can anyone give me advice on this diet please - I'm 5'11" and 175 lbs looking to bulk

Meal 1 - 75 oats made with milk & 1 scoop whey shake made with milk
Meal 2 - Tin of tuna and an apple
Meal 3 - 200g chicken with 100g pasta/rice and veg
Meal 4 - Peanut butter sanwhich and a banana
Meal 5 (post workout) - 1 scoop whey and 2 scoop dextrose made with water
Meal 6 - Steak/Chicken with pasta/rice and veg

f=ma
03-17-2011, 10:35 AM
i like it! looks great, provided the calorie levels are appropriate for you

bluebird
03-17-2011, 10:53 AM
Thanks for your input. Do you think a peanut butter sanwhich and a banana will be enough pre-workout?

Behemoth
03-17-2011, 04:50 PM
You count each oat?

tom183
03-17-2011, 05:29 PM
^--Lol, I was thinking the same thing.

Do you think a peanut butter sanwhich and a banana will be enough pre-workout?

Only one way to find out.

bluebird
03-17-2011, 05:50 PM
You count each oat?

Haha I meant 75g - good spot though!

Time+Patience
03-25-2011, 07:10 AM
Hey

Can anyone give me advice on this diet please - I'm 5'11" and 175 lbs looking to bulk

Meal 1 - 75 oats made with milk & 1 scoop whey shake made with milk
Meal 2 - Tin of tuna and an apple
Meal 3 - 200g chicken with 100g pasta/rice and veg
Meal 4 - Peanut butter sanwhich and a banana
Meal 5 (post workout) - 1 scoop whey and 2 scoop dextrose made with water
Meal 6 - Steak/Chicken with pasta/rice and veg

Meals 1, 3, 5, and 6 look perfect. I'd potentially add some peanut butter into the oatmeal as I think it makes it taste better :clown: and it can give you some added calories. If you are looking to bulk there are small improvements you could make to increase calories that aren't too drastic.

The only iddur I'd bring up is in Meal 2. if you haven't noticed, over the past year tuna has less protein in it, the cans I use say around 20 grams per can. I think that is pretty low, so it may be ideal to throw in a 2nd can, or get in another source of protein like yogurt, peanuts, etc.

Meal 4 isn't bad, but the pre-workout meal can be important. I'll just say that if you feel good during your workout and your energy levels are good throughout then keep it the way it is, but if you start to lag during your workouts then I'd look to change that meal, and that's only if you don't feel up to par. Sum it up, if you feel great during your workout, keep it as is.

Do you know the amount of proteins, fats, and carbs you are getting in a day from this diet? I like to see #'s as well as the foods. l'd be looking to get in around 3,000 calories and see how you progress from there. If you aren't gaining weight after 10 days then up the calories. I don't like estimating other peoples diet #'s because there are things that I may not consider.

cphafner
03-28-2011, 10:11 AM
Hi,,,
I can't advice you better about the diet plan untill you provide me the following information.
Current weight
Goal weight
ultimate goal.
Duration of goal.

Hi looks like you are new here. If you haven't already done so perhaps it would be a good idea to introduce yourself in the new members forum before giving advice

SDS
03-28-2011, 10:41 AM
Dur....everybody knows who John Cena is :-)

Behemoth
03-28-2011, 12:25 PM
In before spam link appears in sig

Off Road
03-28-2011, 12:50 PM
In before spam link appears in sig
You're so negative...I'm still holding out hope that it's the real John Cena :indian:

Dan Fanelli
03-28-2011, 02:37 PM
You're so negative...I'm still holding out hope that it's the real John Cena :indian:

I cant tell for sure, but im thinking its a spam bot. There have been a bunch of these lately, and usually if you look at their posts, their english/grammar is horrible. It usually looks like a compute strung together a bunch of random phrases.

And if you look at his other posts, some of them make sense, but others are completely off topic.

Off Road
03-28-2011, 02:44 PM
I cant tell for sure, but im thinking its a spam bot..

Don't kill my dream Dan...IT'S JOHN CENA :indian:

Dan Fanelli
03-28-2011, 03:21 PM
Don't kill my dream Dan...IT'S JOHN CENA :indian:

Maybe ask him for some advice and see what he say :clown: