PDA

View Full Version : Jesup Gym Epuipment? Have you ever tried them? Power rack question

hug dog
03-18-2011, 01:34 PM
I am in need of a power rack. I found this rack sold by Jesup. Here is a picture of it. It is supposed to have an 800 lbs limit. Is it missing something? I just wonder why it is so cheap. What I want is a rack I can bench, squat, and dead lift in.

http://www.bodysolid.com/images/products/PPR200X/300/PPR200X.jpg

Any reason why you wouldn't think this would work?

StLRPh
03-18-2011, 01:43 PM
I haven't tried it but it was recommended to me when I was looking into racks last year.

cic
03-18-2011, 01:44 PM
Looks pretty good. How cheap, is cheap?
Only thing I notice is no band pegs, and I'd rather have 1 inch spaced holes through the bench press range. But, let's face it, a lot of racks do not have these features.
If I ever get around to buying a rack I want the R-3 from Westside.
http://www.westside-barbell.com/lous-equipment/

hug dog
03-18-2011, 01:56 PM
So did someone on this site recomend it?

They are $310 shipped.

StLRPh
03-18-2011, 02:07 PM
I ended up with a Powertec rack. Same price and with a pullup bar/dip station. Also, mine was rated to 1,500. Not sure how much they cost now though.

I'm pretty sure someone recommended the Jessup one but I can't remember who and I couldn't find the thread with a quick search.

MarcusWild
03-18-2011, 02:20 PM
How deep is the rack? That one looks shallow. We have an elite econo rack that's not as deep, and it barely gets used. Everyone hates it. Also, I don't like racks where the side rails are on the floor. It limits how wide you can stand, and it's not that wide.

hug dog
03-18-2011, 03:23 PM
Marcus - that is a good point. THat is really the kind of information I need. To tell you the truth I have only used the safety bars once and that was on a max.

Clone
03-18-2011, 05:33 PM
I've had good experiences ordering from Jesup as a company.

But that looks like a pretty small power rack.

I got a decent cheap one from Newyorkbarbells. Its no elite rack, but for me it works fine.

Years ago they had free shipping, but I'm not sure if they still do.

Chris Smith
03-18-2011, 06:15 PM
I personally wouldn't skimp on a power rack. If this is for your home gym, then it is going to be the most used and versatile piece you will have. It will be used every day you train. Rogue Fitness also makes a good rack, as well as Elite. Spend the extra cash and get a good one. It will last forever, and you wont regret it.

SEOINAGE
03-18-2011, 07:20 PM
I always hate hitting my feat on the side channels as well, but after reading this I hope I built my rack deep enough.

Rob Luyando
03-18-2011, 07:20 PM
Jesup Gym is great for bars weights and dumbells. The equipment is bodysolid brand. Unless you order the comercial line its pretty basic quality. I would take Smitty's advise and spend money on a quality rack. You wouldn't skimp on your old lady's rack would you? So why should your rack be any diferent.