PDA

View Full Version : what should i be focusing on from now out

Bosshogg300
03-18-2011, 04:30 PM
I am competing in my first meet april 30th is there anything I should be doing other than my workout or is there anything I should add in to help prepare myself for it any help or suggestions is appreciated thanks

theBarzeen
03-18-2011, 04:38 PM
I like to try at least squatting and deadlifting on the same day to build up the endurance. I had a big problem last year gassing out when it came time to pull, so this is how I've worked on it.

Other than that just hit a heavy day a month out and start deloading and peaking for the meet.

Good luck.

Bosshogg300
03-18-2011, 04:46 PM
Ok ill do that thanks..but I haven't decided whether or no I am going to do the 3 lifts or just do push pull for my first meet

Sean S
03-18-2011, 05:23 PM
Hit a couple more heavy workouts for each lift, but don't go to an absolute all-out max in training. Save that for the meet. Figure out your openers and practice the lifts with the commands. Don't make any huge changes in your training and diet at this point. Certainly don't add a bunch of volume and exercises and go crazy and run yourself into the ground. Stick with what has been improving your strength so far. Start tapering down a bit 2-3 weeks out and rest the last week before the meet.

MarcusWild
03-18-2011, 05:29 PM
I agree with practicing commands in training. It's amazing how many people miss a lift because they don't pay attention to the commands. Make sure you read the rule book. There rules are not 100% standard across feds. Make sure you attend the rules meeting at the meet.