PDA

View Full Version : Which deadlift routine you like the best?

C...unit
03-19-2011, 01:20 PM
I have been using mostly the conjugate method and doing speed pulls and only pulling heavy every once in a while like once a month maybe and doing all the accesory stuff to get a bigger deadlift and sum of my team are getting great results doing this. I am not getting anywhere tho

I have used 5 3 1 and it worked pretty good. I am thinking abt giving Ed Coans program a go soo see how I do with it. I have access to basicly anything I would need to build a big deadlif safety racks, blocks, bands, chains whatever it is I prob have access to it. I just need a better plan now. I have heard ppl say to do heavy tripples off blocks and from a deficite etc Im was hoping to find an organized training cycle rather than going off feel etc.

Im was hoping you guys would help me by telling me what has really worked for you. Right now I pull RAW conv. but I think I might go sumo in gear for this training cycle see where it takes me. Im low 6's like 635 maybe a bit more? Im looking to get to 700 and its gonna happen LOL Need a plan of attack tho.

BTW Im looking for a deadlift program to supplement with the qwestside template I like the rest of the program just need more from the dl

NickAus
03-20-2011, 03:12 PM
Whatever allows you to pull as often as possible with-out over training will see fastest gains IMO.

Westside conjugate (with many pull variations of course) makes sense to me.

NickAus
03-20-2011, 03:14 PM
Also you prob already know but lots of abs/obliques work will help.

C...unit
03-20-2011, 08:12 PM
Yeah, we run the conjugate method now, I think i will start doing pulls off 4 in blocks for tripples instead of speed pulls on dynamic days. Or mix it up a bit

NickAus
03-20-2011, 09:28 PM
I found speed pulls (re-set reps) for 2s and 3s against bands for a couple of waves helped me.

SELK
03-21-2011, 09:40 AM
Ive used the percentages from the ed coan program (but not the accessory work as written) in the past with mixed success. The first time I made some significant progress on my deadlift, the 2nd time I didn't.

The most successful thing ive ever done for my deadlift is using block pulls.. This is how I set it up:

I start at a 6 inch block (which is just 4 2x12's)

week 1: 3reps and 3sets of a constant weight
week 2: 3 rep max
week 3: 1 rep max
week 4: deload

After the 4 weeks are up I take 1 piece of wood out.. lowering the blocks 1.5 inches. Then I repeat the cycle. I go 6 inch, 4.5 inch, then 3 inch.

This program has been very effective for me and my team. Block pulls get you strong, I know some people think they will mess up your deadlift form, and there may be some truth to that.. to be honest my deadlift is so ugly its not going to matter.

hulk242
03-21-2011, 10:33 AM
Whatever allows you to pull as often as possible with-out over training will see fastest gains IMO.

Westside conjugate (with many pull variations of course) makes sense to me.

Good advice.