PDA

View Full Version : Georgia's Strongest Man 2011 - Tom Mutaffis & Adam Scherr

Tom Mutaffis
03-20-2011, 04:27 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEfGhTjKwXk

eEfGhTjKwXk

Kong
03-20-2011, 04:34 PM
Awesome stuff mate. Posted on your Face book post about this too. The other guys a mammoth!

f=ma
03-20-2011, 05:13 PM
great video, very impressive tom

what was is the LW bodyweight threshhold? i bet it feels good to be beating out the HWs!

Pure Water
03-20-2011, 06:37 PM
Holy heck! Nice work!

Off Road
03-20-2011, 06:51 PM
Nice work Tom.
And holy crap at Adam's deadlifts and stones...mere toys for him.

Mark!
03-20-2011, 07:18 PM
Excellent work Tom! Very impressive. Adam is a beast, he manhandled those stones and it was awesome watching him deadlift. A few questions...on the tires are the 2x4's standard practice for using them in the grass? Does it help much? I usually end up getting hand fulls of grass each time I flip the tire, plus it would cut down on the amount of grass killed when I leave it in the back yard. Also, what's the song playing?

Kiff
03-21-2011, 02:25 AM
Superb work! That truck pull looks like hell!

Tom Mutaffis
03-21-2011, 04:28 AM
Awesome stuff mate. Posted on your Face book post about this too. The other guys a mammoth!

Thank you. Adam is huge, about 6'8 and 380+ lbs.

great video, very impressive tom

what was is the LW bodyweight threshhold? i bet it feels good to be beating out the HWs!

The cutoff for LW in strongman is 105 Kg or 231.5 lbs, at this contest I weighed in at about 225 lbs.

Holy heck! Nice work!

Thank you.

Nice work Tom.
And holy crap at Adam's deadlifts and stones...mere toys for him.

Thank you.

He pulls 800+ lbs and has done 585 for over 25 reps, so the deadlift is definitely a good event for him.

Excellent work Tom! Very impressive. Adam is a beast, he manhandled those stones and it was awesome watching him deadlift. A few questions...on the tires are the 2x4's standard practice for using them in the grass? Does it help much? I usually end up getting hand fulls of grass each time I flip the tire, plus it would cut down on the amount of grass killed when I leave it in the back yard. Also, what's the song playing?

Thank you. You will sometimes see spacers on tires, usually when it is a tire that sits flush with the ground where a competitor would not be able to get their hand under the tire otherwise. It sounds like it could be helpful with your setup since you are training on grass.

The music in the video is from Skiltron, we discovered the band on the drive home from Georgia and decided it would be good for the soundtrack.

Superb work! That truck pull looks like hell!

Thank you. The truck pull was brutal, and I now have a huge rope burn on my arm as well.