PDA

View Full Version : Dont neglect cardio

Silverback
05-20-2002, 04:06 PM
If wanting your body fat levels to be kept at a minimum then this is imperative to follow some sort of cardio. why? because it increases oxidative enzymes which work on breaking food down to release energy, and as a result using glycogen and fat as the given fuels. just thought it was important to know cause i have been guilty myself

Alex.V
05-20-2002, 04:08 PM
I disagree that it's necessary.

And the sentence following the "why?" is completely meaningless, and doesn't back up the initial assertion you made.

the doc
05-20-2002, 04:17 PM
agrees with belial

now no one can deny that cardio is a neccessity to work your heart and to develop a good cardio vascular system. However, one does not need to perform cardio everyday to see these benfits

I dont think cardio is necessary from the viewpoint of fatloss. In fact, increasing muscle mass (which cardio will diminish) will increase oxidative respiration and thus fat metabolism

davetha1
05-20-2002, 04:20 PM
I only do cardio 2 days a week, 3 at most. Originally i planned on doing some cardio post workout but i find im so exhausted after my workout that cardio isnt even an option. : \

Silverback
05-20-2002, 04:25 PM
im sorry if ive annoyed anyone and maybe i should of worded my point, with a more structured approach, but im currently taking part in my sports science degree and lately we have been looking at training implications etc... and this topic came up and i immediately thought it would be relevant.