PDA

View Full Version : Weigh Scales

K.Huget
03-21-2011, 06:27 PM
When you are nearing a competition what kind of scale do you trust to give an accurate measurement when you are worried about making weight? I have both an analog and a digital scale which both give considerably different readings. I'll go to the doctor tomorrow morning to get an accurate reading but I am curious to know what you guys use.

ehopkins932
03-21-2011, 07:54 PM
My scale is digital and is 4.5 lbs lighter than the scale I weigh in on (I know this from experience). Kind of a hit or miss sometimes.

Clone
03-22-2011, 06:11 AM
May sound like overkill, but a buddy of mine went out and bought the same digital scale they use for weigh ins.

K.Huget
03-22-2011, 12:06 PM
May sound like overkill, but a buddy of mine went out and bought the same digital scale they use for weigh ins.

Sounds like a pretty good idea to me.

I weighed myself when I woke up this morning and then went straight to the doctor's office and weighed myself there with the same amount of clothes on. It turns out my digital scale got almost the exact same result. My analog scale puts me about 5 pounds too light.

SELK
03-23-2011, 06:48 PM
If I am cutting weight I will often try to get ahold of the meet scale beforehand to calibrate it with my scale. I just have a cheap analog scale but even so the biggest difference I have had is 2lbs from the meet scale (and my scale read heavy).