PDA

View Full Version : convict knee sleeves

Bosshogg300
03-24-2011, 10:45 AM
does anyone know where the hell i can find these because i have searched the world it feels like trying to find a site that i can buy them and with no luck, anyone that can help or can give me another brand of knee sleeves that are as good and have some carry over i would be grateful thanks

Bosshogg300
03-24-2011, 10:49 AM
is tommy kono knee sleeves as good and is there any carry over on them at all ?

StLRPh
03-24-2011, 10:51 AM
The only other option for a compareable knee sleeve is EliteFTS. APT has been out for a while and everytime they've been asking they've said they'll be back in a month or so.

Neoprene sleeves = warmth and (almost) no carryover

Bosshogg300
03-24-2011, 04:02 PM
What about the inzer xt knee sleeves, they are not neoprene would have any carryover

StLRPh
03-24-2011, 08:22 PM
I have Inzer XT knee and elbow sleeves. Got them because APT was out of the Convicts.

The good is that they're easier to get on and off and more comfortable. The material isn't as heavy as Elites which can be a pain in the ass to get on (have a pair of those as well). I actually wear them the whole time I'm training events, 2+ hrs without having to take them off. Just tighten the velcro if needed, otherwise I leave the straps loose.

For carryover they're probably about the same as the APT single-ply knee sleeves and maybe a little less than Elites heavy knee sleeves (I think those are 2-ply). You can really adjust the compression with the velcro to adjust to your own needs. I definitely get a little out of them and the extra compression makes a huge difference for my general knee health.

They are a bit pricey, $55/pr I think? I got mine from House of Pain when they had free shipping a year ago.

Bosshogg300
03-24-2011, 08:27 PM
thanks for the input, so which one would you suggest more elites or inzer xt

Tom Mutaffis
03-24-2011, 08:42 PM
You can get some similar sleeves to the Convict sleeves but you would have to order from overseas, for domestic options your best bet would be two-ply EliteFTS sleeves or InzerXT sleeves. Both should give a good amount of compression and possibly a little bit of carryover.

Bosshogg300
03-24-2011, 08:51 PM
ok well i appreciate the fast responses and i think i might try out the elite ones because i wanted to order something from them anyway but thanks again guys

AdamBAG
03-25-2011, 08:01 AM
Not sure if I'm too late on this, but I have the "Heavy" knee sleeves from EliteFTS and I like them a lot. They are not the "super-heavy" or 2-ply ones. I get a lot of warmth/support out of them, but I don't know about carryover. If you are wanting carryover you might as well get knee wraps.

I know the "super heavy" knee sleeves are really tough to get the correct fit. They fit super tight. The "heavy" sleeves that I have are size 2XL. I am 6'1" and 255lbs. If I got the "super heavy" I would definitely need a bigger sleeve.

AdamBAG
03-25-2011, 08:03 AM
I will also add that you need to make sure they are legal in your federation. I know USAPL/IPF only allows neoprene. I believe APF doesn't allow them in the raw division. I would think you could wear them instead of knee wraps in any equipped federation, but I don't know that for sure.