PDA

View Full Version : Squat form check

Captain_Crunch
03-26-2011, 01:08 AM
This is the second video I've posted here. This one is shot from the side though. She is 160lbs and training for GPC Canadian Nationals May28th. She's going for a 3.5x BW squat.
yxJbN6HhHFs

SELK
03-26-2011, 02:07 AM
Looks really good! thats a big squat for a 160lbs girl.

If the judging is the same as the past few meets that squat will be close depth wise.. Might pass, might not.

AdamBAG
03-26-2011, 06:58 AM
I think her form looked really damn good. She needs to take it a tad lower though and I think she could have. Just call her but a bit later. Just have her open her knees/hips a tad at the bottom and she'll break parallel easy. That weight is definitely there for her though. Handled it well. I'm impressed.

Captain_Crunch
03-26-2011, 09:24 AM
Yeah it looks like I need to go lower for sure. Next time I'll get someone to make sure they're calling my depth lower. This is my second session with straps up and I feel like I should be moving the bar way farther.

theBarzeen
03-27-2011, 01:00 PM
depending on the meet that might pass as a 3rd attempt if the first two were really good..... at a big meet probably not though. Not that it matters, it's a gym lift. ANd it looked strong. No shaking, no breaks in form.

I liked that the bar moved in a straight line and stayed over her heels the whole time. Solid form there. I can't tell from this angle what her knees are doing, how wide she is, or where her head is pointing. The angle is great for watching depth but not technique.

I would personally recommend using a little more speed to help get her down easier. As long as she can stay in control that is. And it could just be that she's not used to using all the gear, in that case..... practice more in the full gear. It could be that she needs to be a little wider, or flare her toes out more to help open up her knees more as she goes down ( put a lot of thought in to the most appropriate way to say that about someone's wife....)

Either way..... great job and good luck!

Captain_Crunch
03-27-2011, 03:26 PM
Next time she squats, next Tuesday, we'll tape again and I'll call depth this time. We did have one of our training partners call it but its high for sure.

Her stance is fairly wide for her hight, 5'4" and her toes are pretty straight. We'll turn her toes a bit to decrease the tension in the hips and I'm sure she'll hit depth.

kutt3r
03-29-2011, 04:28 PM
Looks really good! thats a big squat for a 160lbs girl.

If the judging is the same as the past few meets that squat will be close depth wise.. Might pass, might not.

I have to agree with SELK it will be close, a little lower to be safe is always good... I know my 3rd last meet was a little high when I saw the video but I still got it.

Looking forward to seeing her lift now.