PDA

View Full Version : ASC PRO/AM in GA, Scott Weech write up

Scott Weech
03-27-2011, 12:39 PM
Overall pretty good show, congrats to Vince Urbank for winning his pro card

Yoke last man standing. First weight was 850 and I took first with 7.71 seconds. All of the lengts were 50'. I won the first weight by 2 seconds. The top 4 moved on. On 950 I started really fast but stumbled and dropped the weight. I picked it again and was flying with it and just about caught MArshall when I lost it again. Picked it quick and finished but to slow for the final heat of 2. 3rd for event.

Now it started to rain really hard and of course we were not going to stop the contest for cold rain. Props to Marshall and Carl for doing the final 1030 yoke in the pooring rain.

We went to the car DL since it was raining and we could strap in. I hit 3 on the car. Really I did not think it was that heavy but we did not have a chance to warm up and each rep I felt like I was going to tear my bicep I called it at 3. 3rd in this event as well.

Next was the Log. I got 8 reps clean and press each rep. The BiggDogg log was great and it looks great to. Won this event.

Hussefel Stone Max distance. Tough stone many could not pick it. 405 stone. In war ups I was able to pick easy and hold for a while. Now remember it had been raining so the mats were soaked and I went last since I won the event before. I forgot to wipe off the front of the stone and it had been laying face down on the soaked mats. When first picked it the stone slipped out of my hands but since I had not crossed the line I was able to repick the stone. Scond pick was better but I couls feel my grip slipping the entire way. I mde the first turn but then the staone slipped out of my hands. Really sucked because it cost me at least one place and if I did not stumble on the yoke I could have challenged for first. I think I got 4th in HW pro for this event.

Stones 300, 330, 360, 390, 420 all stones were about 10 ft. apart. First 2 I one motioned and I was probably the fastest through the first 4. Last stone slipped on first try, got more tacky and loaded it. I believe only 3 or so loaded it including all lw and hw pro and am's.. Second in this event.

Finished 3rd in Pros. I believe I was only one half of a point out of second and like I said if it was not for a couple of dumb mistakes I could have challenged for 1st. Good meet overall weather was bad but always fun. I feel like I am really headed in the right direction and am really excited about ASM this year

Thank Chris and AtLarge Nutrition for your support.

Brian Hopper
03-27-2011, 07:35 PM
Kick a** Scott, at least you finished in the top 3 :)

Tom Mutaffis
03-28-2011, 05:14 AM
Nice job Scott, it seems like a lot of guys in both weight classes had difficulties with the car deadlift.

Was the log 315 lbs?

hulk242
03-28-2011, 07:28 AM
Congrats! 1st next time...

Tim K
03-28-2011, 08:24 AM
Great performance Scott! Ya gotta be happy knowing it wasn't strength or skill that kept you out of 1st. Its just the small things - and those are easily addressed! Next time - top of the podium!

Scott Weech
03-28-2011, 08:43 AM
Thanks guys. I think the log was 325 but at least 315 because the lw log was 275 and I did not see them take anything off before they added the caps. The caps weighed 50 lbs.