PDA

View Full Version : Help fixing my squat form

Malesh
03-27-2011, 02:41 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4Wwg7GKIpo&feature=channel_video_title

Okay so I haven't been able to squat(at all) for about the past 3 months due to issues with my knee including damaged cartilage and a naughty patella. Now that I am returning I would like to get it right since all the other lifts and their form have come easier to me and well the squat is the one I really need the most help with. Some things to mention is that this used to be 50-60% for me but 3 months of no leg work has really taken a toll plus I want the best form possible.

I didn't have surgery just therapy but if I can't keep my form solid and everything in check I will require it.

Any help and suggestions on what I should do would be great. Please describe as Ive already seen SYTYCS and basically all the stuff on stronglifts.

I have to agree with Chris in the fact that I rock a little bit too much, just trying to use a box since Im lacking some flexibility and keeping my hips good. I have a video without a box(not sure if there's a weight difference) but I am sure its not to great depth as if I go any farther it starts to really hurt. Will upload soon.

theBarzeen
03-27-2011, 03:02 PM
that's an awesome training set up..... no more excuses from people not able to get to a gym!!

Looked pretty solid to me, but can you keep that form without the box ( or bucket)?

Squatting to a box is a great training tool, but a lot of people over use it and can't hold form without it. The ascent from the bucket looked okay, but can you descend like that? or can you come up like that without first sitting on to something....??

Again, not saying it's bad, just asking.

Malesh
03-27-2011, 03:17 PM
that's an awesome training set up..... no more excuses from people not able to get to a gym!!

Looked pretty solid to me, but can you keep that form without the box ( or bucket)?

Squatting to a box is a great training tool, but a lot of people over use it and can't hold form without it. The ascent from the bucket looked okay, but can you descend like that? or can you come up like that without first sitting on to something....??

Again, not saying it's bad, just asking.

Yeah so heres on without a box, Im nearly positive its the same weight. Im thinking its a flexibility issue as without the box once I reach a certain depth it really starts to cause discomfort.

Again a little high but Ill work on it. Also the reason Im asking is because when I squat I mostly feel it in my quads, generally above the knee, and not so much in my hammies and where I should be feeling it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JP8lHikH7Tk