PDA

View Full Version : Depth/Form Check

barryisawinnah
03-29-2011, 04:18 PM
Would this squat pass?

BTW after pretty much only box squatting for a long time (WS4SB3) my box squat work just really hasn't translated into my free squat. It just felt weird.

Anyways, was it deep enough and any tips are appreciated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKCw7LnMsg8

theBarzeen
03-29-2011, 04:55 PM
you can never call depth from a video.... unless someone is there in person and right where they need to be to judge you can never say for sure. No matter how hard the internet judges try to.

It looked close at least. Not obviously bad, good speed down and up too.

When in doubt, work more free squat.... good job though.

barryisawinnah
03-29-2011, 04:58 PM
you can never call depth from a video.... unless someone is there in person and right where they need to be to judge you can never say for sure. No matter how hard the internet judges try to.

agreed, I guess I should of worded it better.

Thanks, yeah starting 5/3/1 next week, so hoping the squats get better

joey54
03-29-2011, 07:43 PM

Good post. OP, for me it looked to be a legitimate depth.

NickAus
03-29-2011, 10:50 PM
You broke parallel.

AdamBAG
03-30-2011, 09:07 AM
Really bad camera angle. Try sitting it on a bench or box so it is closer to knee height. That said, I think you did break parallel and it would pass.

barryisawinnah
03-30-2011, 10:17 AM
Really bad camera angle. Try sitting it on a bench or box so it is closer to knee height. That said, I think you did break parallel and it would pass.

yeah I was to lazy to setup anything, lol

Brian Hopper
03-30-2011, 11:38 AM
From that angle, I thought it looked good. Like Adam said, try putting the camera on something to get a better view from the side.

ScottYard
03-30-2011, 12:00 PM
Looked spot on to me. Where do you plan on competing?

barryisawinnah
03-30-2011, 02:07 PM
Looked spot on to me. Where do you plan on competing?

Not sure, I'm getting into strongman and have a competition on Saturday. I do plan on competing in Powerlifting in the future though.

mastermonster
03-30-2011, 02:58 PM
You can tell pretty good from the side vids, definately not from front views. It looked good. I think you'll like the 531 program. Our guys do. We're going into our 4th month on it. Your technique looks good to me! Keep it up and good luck!