PDA

View Full Version : Strongman Gym's in London, UK?

Kong
03-30-2011, 11:56 AM
Anyone know of any? Visiting my girlfriend this weekend and will have nothing to do in the day so wanna get my first proper taste of strongman training.

Tom Mutaffis
03-30-2011, 01:31 PM
Anyone know of any? Visiting my girlfriend this weekend and will have nothing to do in the day so wanna get my first proper taste of strongman training.

Here is one option, looks like a great place to train:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=178371122102

Kong
03-31-2011, 04:25 AM
Thanks Tom i'll check it out and if i make it i'll let you know how my first event session went. Definatley gonna be hammering the stones if they have them.

Tom Mutaffis
03-31-2011, 08:08 AM
Thanks Tom i'll check it out and if i make it i'll let you know how my first event session went. Definatley gonna be hammering the stones if they have them.

That gym has at least 10 atlas stones along with various platforms.

J.C.
03-31-2011, 11:19 AM
That gym is in Manchester, not London.

If anybody knows anywhere decent to train, please chime in. I've recently moved to London and I know there's got to be some grimy East End place full of chalk and barbells I can go to...

Tom Mutaffis
03-31-2011, 12:03 PM
That gym is in Manchester, not London.

If anybody knows anywhere decent to train, please chime in. I've recently moved to London and I know there's got to be some grimy East End place full of chalk and barbells I can go to...

Sorry, I am not very familiar with the training / geography over there but I do have a couple of contacts and will ask around about training in London.

Tom Mutaffis
04-01-2011, 06:41 AM
Here you go:

"Genesis Gym - 333 Athlon Road, 10mins walk from Alperton Station on the Picadilly Line. They have stones, logs, tyres. 5 pay as you go i think."

Kiff
04-02-2011, 03:36 AM
JC!

Your BACK!

Also get yourself on Sugdenbarbell forums, it will have loads of gyms for you.

Kiff

J.C.
04-02-2011, 03:14 PM
Yep! Moved house, got a job... it's slowly coming together.

Now I just need the internet and a gym membership. Some 20 rep squats ought to get me back to size and strength soon. Keep you posted...