PDA

View Full Version : I drew blood

Nik00117
04-01-2011, 06:24 PM
So I've secretly gone back to lifting, been at it again for about 3 weeks now.

Yesterday I was dead lifting, and the guy comes over to me and is tapping me on my shoulder (I can't hear my headphones are blaring and i'm beat)

He's tapping me the shoulder and pointing door I look down and there it is...I cut open my shine when dead lifting (I think I had a scar or something and the bar peeled it off)

So I went to the front counter had them put some bandaids on it so I wouldn't have my blood on the equipment and went back to lifting.

shocker4221
04-01-2011, 08:13 PM
I guess that means you were just focused on the lift and never felt the skin come off. That type of mental focus is what many of us need to do.

GazzyG
04-02-2011, 05:28 AM
Bleeding shins. Sign of a committed deadlifter, haha.

People take a step back when they see your scarred shins, as they know it means you can pick them up off the floor!

mastermonster
04-02-2011, 11:10 AM
Welcome to deadlifting! Ever seen Garry Frank's shins? I just thought mine were battle scarred til I saw his! LOL! If you feel the bar digging out the meat, you probably aren't jacked enough to be pulling it anyway (in the zone). Sounds like you were there! BLOOD ON THE BAR! WOOT! Now when your nose is pouring blood and your shins are bleeding and you don't even know it....you've got your mind right! Keep pullin' brother!!!

C...unit
04-02-2011, 11:53 AM
Welcome to deadlifting! Ever seen Garry Frank's shins? I just thought mine were battle scarred til I saw his! LOL! If you feel the bar digging out the meat, you probably aren't jacked enough to be pulling it anyway (in the zone). Sounds like you were there! BLOOD ON THE BAR! WOOT! Now when your nose is pouring blood and your shins are bleeding and you don't even know it....you've got your mind right! Keep pullin' brother!!!

LOL I rip my shins to shreds all the time, blew out half the blood vessles in my eyes once still no nose bleeds is it sick that I cant wait to get one? I just feel like Im not moving any weight till I got blood running down my face ha

dedsqtbnch
04-02-2011, 02:13 PM
i always cut my shins or knees depending on how im deadlifting sumo or normal
always get poped blood vessels in my right eye only and only the day after benching
but just this week i put all i had into a deadlift and poped so many vessels in my shoulders chest neck and face i had frekels everywhere i dont spell that well lol

dedsqtbnch
04-02-2011, 02:15 PM
i get nose bleeds but is usualy later after my workouts only total of prob 6 in the last year had one wile working out during legs about a year ago

Pure Water
04-02-2011, 03:23 PM
Almost every time I deadlift, my shin bleeds just the way you described it. Then I gotta wipe the bar off before someone tells the gym manager guy and gets me kicked out. :D

mastermonster
04-02-2011, 11:45 PM
Got a funny story about blowing the vessels in my nose out. At 2008 APF Masters Nationals I started pouring blood out of my nose 1/2 way up on my 3rd squat. The crowd loved it of course! Then on my opening bench attempt I couldn't touch 584 so I tried rolling my wrists down to touch and dumped it on my stomach. At the same time the nose broke loose again and squirted blood out on my face. My training partner who was standing by the platform yelled Oh my God he's dead! I blow it out on the way down with and made my next two bench presses with the blood running back into and pooling up in my eye sockets! It looked pretty gruesome and the crowd loved it when I'd jump up off the bench with my fist clenched and blood all over my face! Ironically it didn't blow out on my deadlifts and I was disappointed because I was loving the crowd response! Ha! Big Roger Ryan kinda' kept it alive on the forums for a week or so talking about the "Bloody Buddy Lifts" as he tagged them. I wonder what most psychiatrist would 'tag' us as if they tried to analyze what gets us excited!? On the way back to Alabama after the meet I told my partner "Man I heard you were afraid I was dead when I dumped the bench. Glad to know you give a sh*t!" He said, "I don't. I was just worried I'd have to load up the monolift myself and take it back to the gym!"

Sean S
04-03-2011, 09:37 AM
Happens to me all the time, so I started wearing my neoprene knee sleeves down on my shins. I just pull them up until the top is a little below my knee. If you think the gym owner won't like the blood, then do something like this so you can keep deadlifting there.

C...unit
04-03-2011, 05:12 PM
Got a funny story about blowing the vessels in my nose out. At 2008 APF Masters Nationals I started pouring blood out of my nose 1/2 way up on my 3rd squat. The crowd loved it of course! Then on my opening bench attempt I couldn't touch 584 so I tried rolling my wrists down to touch and dumped it on my stomach. At the same time the nose broke loose again and squirted blood out on my face. My training partner who was standing by the platform yelled Oh my God he's dead! I blow it out on the way down with and made my next two bench presses with the blood running back into and pooling up in my eye sockets! It looked pretty gruesome and the crowd loved it when I'd jump up off the bench with my fist clenched and blood all over my face! Ironically it didn't blow out on my deadlifts and I was disappointed because I was loving the crowd response! Ha! Big Roger Ryan kinda' kept it alive on the forums for a week or so talking about the "Bloody Buddy Lifts" as he tagged them. I wonder what most psychiatrist would 'tag' us as if they tried to analyze what gets us excited!? On the way back to Alabama after the meet I told my partner "Man I heard you were afraid I was dead when I dumped the bench. Glad to know you give a sh*t!" He said, "I don't. I was just worried I'd have to load up the monolift myself and take it back to the gym!"

LMAO, that was good