PDA

View Full Version : weight gain

korey
04-10-2011, 07:57 PM
i am trying to bulk up which i have gone from 149 to 171 since last summer but the past couple month i've been maintaing and i now want to gain without weight gainers. I am in school and this is my current diet. i have seen no gains except strength gains also cant take protein powder to school they thought it was drugs last time. i've been on this diet for 2 months now so plz help.

morning upon waking /1 scoop whey multivitamin
breakfast/ 1 bag oatmeal,large chickn breast or steak

mid morning snack/ protein bar (20g protein 200cal) eas myoplex or peanut butter sandwitch

lunch/Tuna(28g protein),apple,peanut butter sandwitch

mid day/ met-rx Meal replacement bar

before workout 2 slices whole wheat bread 1 scoop whey

after workout 1 scoop whey

dinner 2 large chickn breast or steak or fish with brown rice or yogurt

before bed 1scoop whey 2 tbsp peanut butter or protein bar if i have them

Behemoth
04-11-2011, 05:21 AM
I would push back about the powders, that's pretty ridiculous. If its still an issue just replace what you used calorie for calorie with whole food. There's nothing special about gainers that make them more effecient for gaining weight than an equivalent amount of whole food calories.

Goll65
04-11-2011, 08:06 AM
you need some fast carbs postworkout

Tom Mutaffis
04-11-2011, 09:21 AM
i am trying to bulk up which i have gone from 149 to 171 since last summer but the past couple month i've been maintaing and i now want to gain without weight gainers. I am in school and this is my current diet. i have seen no gains except strength gains also cant take protein powder to school they thought it was drugs last time. i've been on this diet for 2 months now so plz help.

morning upon waking /1 scoop whey multivitamin
breakfast/ 1 bag oatmeal,large chickn breast or steak

mid morning snack/ protein bar (20g protein 200cal) eas myoplex or peanut butter sandwitch

lunch/Tuna(28g protein),apple,peanut butter sandwitch

mid day/ met-rx Meal replacement bar

before workout 2 slices whole wheat bread 1 scoop whey

after workout 1 scoop whey

dinner 2 large chickn breast or steak or fish with brown rice or yogurt

before bed 1scoop whey 2 tbsp peanut butter or protein bar if i have them

It looks like your diet is relatively low-calorie for someone who is looking to put on mass. One way to fix this would be to increase some of your portion sizes and to include some calorie-dense snacks.

Here are some tips:

- Most protein bars do not provide very balanced nutrition, I would limit your consumption to 1/day.
- Include calorie dense snacks such as peanut butter sandwiches, trail mix, etc.
- When you eat breakfast I would go from 1 packet of oatmeal to two packets, and add a banana.
- Oatmeal and fruit would work well for pre-workout rather than toast. If you need something portable you can make oatmeal bars by baking oatmeal mixed with some protein powder or egg whites / etc.
- Post-workout shake should include some carbohydrates, and two scoops of protein rather than just one. An easy fix would be to mix your shake with apple juice or milk.
- Bedtime shake can include some heavy cream to boost calories.
- Tuna is a good source of protein and is a lot easier to prepare than chicken or beef. Simply add some salsa or lemon juice to the tuna if you do not like the taste.
- Include one "cheat day" per week when you eat a large number of calories - this is the day that you can go to a buffet, eat an entire pizza, etc.

korey
04-16-2011, 06:06 PM
thx and yea the powder sh** is rediculos i almost got arrested for it